User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Troll God

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Those damn secular liberal athiests!
    The question is: "what are you left with when there is nothing left to believe in?"
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

    whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    Your point was what, again?
    I really could write insults like this and you're coming up with them yourself. Well done.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

    whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The question is: "what are you left with when there is nothing left to believe in?"
    Nihilism?

  4. #34
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The question is: "what are you left with when there is nothing left to believe in?"
    Why do you assume all secular liberal atheists are nihilists?

    You're not making any sense, unless you are trolling.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Just out of interest is there any way to actually offend secular liberal athiests?
    You will get there when you keep on saying 'athiests'.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Nihilism?
    No, I was responding to what you had typed, in quiz show fashion, what is the question, if the answer is?

    Although having to explain it, well, sort of makes be question why I'm wasting my time posting at all. Carry on kiddies.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

    whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

  7. #37
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,293

    Default

    You're making the mistake of believing that people need to believe in a god to feel that life has meaning or to have a solid ethical belief system.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Why do you assume all secular liberal atheists are nihilists?

    You're not making any sense, unless you are trolling.
    No, I'm not trolling.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

    whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

  9. #39
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    No, I was responding to what you had typed, in quiz show fashion, what is the question, if the answer is?

    Although having to explain it, well, sort of makes be question why I'm wasting my time posting at all. Carry on kiddies.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    23,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You're making the mistake of believing that people need to believe in a god to feel that life has meaning or to have a solid ethical belief system.
    OK. Go ahead and evidence this post why dont yah? Or is that just the standard reply you rustled up based on a stereotype you'd like me to fit with?
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

    whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

Similar Threads

  1. Do you talk to God?
    By Kiddo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 01:09 PM
  2. Please Don't Feed the Trolls
    By Economica in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
  3. Mythology: Favourite god/goddess...
    By sundowning in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 12:42 PM
  4. Pot Pies: Food of the Gods?
    By Ivy in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
  5. Sales figures for the anti god books.
    By darlets in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 06:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO