• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you fight for your home town?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably not. I'm not emotionally invested in it enough to care much. It's a place I happen to live in due to factors like upbringing, convenience, etc. Otherwise, I don't have any particular love or hate for it.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
I'm not a patriotic person...and probably wouldn't fight for my country for the sake of it. You have to give me a reason beyond borders.
Anyway, in such a situation, it'd be pretty dumb to make enemies in your hometown if you want your family (who's living there) to have medicine and enough to eat. I think I'd do enough 'fighting' to assure my loved ones' safety and comfort.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- why would I fight for my home country when I have no choice in where I was born?
- what could I actually do for my country anyway?
- what's the chance that I could die? if I'm dying for my country, I better bring the enemy commander with me, because I'm not dying in vain
- what if I agree with the stance of the other country(s)? would you fight for your country if you lived in 1940s Germany under the Nazis? I sure as hell wouldn't

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
It makes sense to cooperate with others to defend a common interest. There's strength in numbers.

G

Ginkgo

For some reason I would be more inclined to fight to defend random strangers in street brawls than I would be for some large body of people. Somewhere along the line, I determined that the more people there are, the more suckage increases.

Guess that goes against the reasoning of fighting for random strangers in back alleys.

Heh, just another reason why people suck.

The problem is that war is hardly concerned with fairness or justice unless it's from the perspective of someone intervening. Otherwise known as "equalizers". Surely, that's what I would be doing.

However, I'm basically just cannon-fodder.

G

Ginkgo

I would fight to protect the people in my town if I liked some of them enough and felt that they were in immediate danger/they wouldn't be able to leave. Otherwise I'm getting the fuck out.

Yeah that.

This, for whatever reason, reminds me of the town Atom from Fallout 3.

uncommonentity

No. I believe everyone to be responsible for fighting for themselves. If everyone learns to fend for themselves there'd be no reason for anyone to die over protecting a checkpoint. 100 individually trained soldiers stand far longer than a group of 5 trained soldiers and 95 clueless civilians requiring their protection.

G

Ginkgo

No. I believe everyone to be responsible for fighting for themselves. If everyone learns to fend for themselves there'd be no reason for anyone to die over protecting a checkpoint. 100 individually trained soldiers stand far longer than a group of 5 trained soldiers and 95 clueless civilians requiring their protection.

Even... women? ;)