• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you fight for your home town?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
King George for President

Yell yeah!

Let the Red Coats try and attack the collonies again and show them we will never go for taxation without representation...

...uh...strike that...so we subcomed to taxation without representation (or joke,bs, or contrived representation) in the good ol USA but at least we don't have to bow down to King George anymores...well unless the he gives us lower taxes...uh wait the taxes were lower before the Revolution...well unless he maybe gives us better representation...

Hmm yell with Tea Party option I think I will go one step further and vote with the Tories. I like their economic recovery plan.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I wouldn't fight for this place. I don't have a lot of respect for the UK and the politicians .. don't get me started. Lol

I wouldn't need to: the SAS is based a couple of miles away.

I know i can take care of my own but thanks for having faith in my abilities to kick ass ;)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I would fight to protect the people in my town if I liked some of them enough and felt that they were in immediate danger/they wouldn't be able to leave. Otherwise I'm getting the fuck out.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depends on the circumstance. If were simply a land dispute and one of the results didn't end with my immediate harm, I'd go with no. If it was a matter of ensuring the survival of either myself or my loved ones, I guess I wouldn't have much of a choice. Regardless, the opposite of fighter is typically lover, yet I can't really say that term really suits me either.

Typically that one would put me somewhere near the hippie spectrum, yet I think I shower and brush my teeth entirely too frequently to be lumped into that category either, nor do I really care about the environment or going against the status quo and major corporations.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius would not fight for his home town. Ever since it was the capital for the losing side during the Civil War all it seems to do is educate substandard politicians.:mad:

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Depends on the strategic and tactical situation I suppose. It would take alot to get me into uniform again (and I would be HIGHLY pissed off) and I'd have to be absolutely convinced of the necessity of doing so before I'd pick up a rifle again. And I'm enough of a cynic/realist not to get involved in any "forlorn hopes". If sufficiently pressed I suppose I could be convinced/conned into being part of a rear guard to cover a retreat but frankly my home town isn’t worth dying for.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I think I would. Where I grew up and spent my childhood has meaning to me and makes me feel warm and fuzzy and a sense of loyalty and pride, despite the fact that I'd never go back to live there as an adult. I'm also quite fond of my state and am patriotic.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, I would hit it and quit it

Lark

Hmm yell with Tea Party option I think I will go one step further and vote with the Tories. I like their economic recovery plan.

Really? I've heard US pundits say so but they all sounded pretty elite, in particular they focused on the fact that the UK tories were able to simultaneously cut services and raise taxes.

I've got to say that at least US conservatives are inclined to try and create a trade off, you may receive less services from government but you wont have to pay taxes as a consequence.

I'm still amazed that the UK conservatives were able to do this and plan to continue to do this, although since the eighties the trend among politicians of all parties is to become more and more bold in their exemplifying of the "obviously in this racket for personal gain and glory" principle.

I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that government has got to be the only thing that people in the UK are content to pay an infinitely increasing price for while getting less and less and less in return for that money. If any other supplier of goods and services behaved like this you'd not support them but welcome to the strange and getting stranger world of UK politics.

Also, the present administration wasnt elected, its a little like that embarrassing Bush term no one likes to talk about in the US, in the UK the losers combined and found they had more votes than the remaining party hence the ConDem (conservatives and liberal democrats) coalition.

Lark

Really? I've heard US pundits say so but they all sounded pretty elite, in particular they focused on the fact that the UK tories were able to simultaneously cut services and raise taxes.

I've got to say that at least US conservatives are inclined to try and create a trade off, you may receive less services from government but you wont have to pay taxes as a consequence.

I'm still amazed that the UK conservatives were able to do this and plan to continue to do this, although since the eighties the trend among politicians of all parties is to become more and more bold in their exemplifying of the "obviously in this racket for personal gain and glory" principle.

I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that government has got to be the only thing that people in the UK are content to pay an infinitely increasing price for while getting less and less and less in return for that money. If any other supplier of goods and services behaved like this you'd not support them but welcome to the strange and getting stranger world of UK politics.

Also, the present administration wasnt elected, its a little like that embarrassing Bush term no one likes to talk about in the US, in the UK the losers combined and found they had more votes than the remaining party hence the ConDem (conservatives and liberal democrats) coalition.

Hobotastic

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I would not fight for my home town, or any town. I did not give who ever is invading life, so I do not have the right to take it away from them. I will assist the injured, I will throw my life away to protect the people I love, but I will not kill. All life is precious, even if it is life that feeds off of others suffering, my reasoning being that even parasites have their place in this world.
But that does not mean that I am not disgusted by that sort of behavior.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION]. I was talking about the colonies Tories as of 1770s tax structure. Mostly a few light tariff taxes and no income tax.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
for resources if there where none elsewhere or was but already spoken for.

I would fight but Id relocate the family temporarily. you desire to have anything, you are gonna have to fight; otherwise your gonna constantly end up moving place, to place, to place, living the life of a nomad. I prefer being in one spot.

it would suck having put so much work into something and having nothing to show for it. No, fighting is never my first option, diplomacy is not a bad approach but in a post apocalyptic world were there is little, im willing to spill a little blood.

I have not seen that show.

Lark

[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION]. I was talking about the colonies Tories as of 1770s tax structure. Mostly a few light tariff taxes and no income tax.

Oh right, I thought you were talking at the minute.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for resources if there where none elsewhere or was but already spoken for.
I would fight but Id relocate the family temporarily. you desire to have anything, you are gonna have to fight; otherwise your gonna constantly end up moving place, to place, to place, living the life of a nomad. I prefer being in one spot.
it would suck having put so much work into something and having nothing to show for it. No, fighting is never my first option, diplomacy is not a bad approach but in a post apocalyptic world were there is little, im willing to spill a little blood.
I have not seen that show.

that's not true. there are several places that have been peaceful for over 100 years

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't.

Why? Because I hate it here and I don't see any benefit from doing so. A name in something I don't even like?

No.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wouldn't fight specifically for "my hometown" (or any town). I'd fight to defend my family and the people I love. But we would most likely evacuate...

Lark

I wouldn't fight specifically for "my hometown" (or any town). I'd fight to defend my family and the people I love. But we would most likely evacuate...

Yeah, that's my thinking, I just was curious if its different elsewhere, here I dont feel much connection to my "hometown" its been determined by accident of birth and the majority community, its traditions and political power alienate me to be honest.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm pretty sure Detroit is already the equivalent of a post-apocalyptic nightmare. So no. There are days I can't find a good coney here to save my life and I tell ENFJ man...I want to go home. So I can get a decent coney.