• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask God

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why do you kill people for benign reasons?

I've answered this question a million times, but I'll try again. I don't kill anyone. People die. If you would rather that the world's population increase exponentially until everyone starves, I'll look into it.

Dear God,
what is your favourite game?

I can tell you it's not Fun With Semantics :p

I like Hide The Salami. No, really. I hid a salami somewhere on Earth. It's really good, too. First one that finds it gets...a delicious salami.

Dear God,

Why the champagne taste and the beer budget? Is that funny to you?

Well, a little.

Try Korbel. Champagne on a beer budget.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION] "'ve answered this question a million times, but I'll try again. I don't kill anyone. People die. If you would rather that the world's population increase exponentially until everyone starves, I'll look into it."

couldnt you just like, kill 99% of the speciewise least beneficially contributing to the progress and survival of humanity as a whole? im sure the 1% would agree on the morality of such an action and support it wholeheartedly. i do.

i would also like to ask, if the force is everything.. including you, then what bound us together, maybe you did, but how came you were bound together into something meaningful enough to control existence?

i have a rather personal question as well.. if you made yin and yang moral logic, then why aren't jedi and sith teaching each other to become complete?

isnt that a bit immature of me to refuse dark side if you made it on a purpose?
cant we all just be both? or.. would that make us the gods of our lives, able to shape it however to our will, making you feel insecure? we don't want you to feel bad. although i cant say for the sith.. but i doubt they would accept selfessness into their hearts just to displease you. i mean, isnt it kind of contradiction, to become selfless just to hurt another? would that mean they convert back into pure selfish right after achieving their goal for a short moment?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
God is an evil mastermind that watches us all suffer from his all mighty cloud up high among the pinnacles of Heaven who is laughing at the painful struggles of us mortals!

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION] "'ve answered this question a million times, but I'll try again. I don't kill anyone. People die. If you would rather that the world's population increase exponentially until everyone starves, I'll look into it."

couldnt you just like, kill 99% of the speciewise least beneficially contributing to the progress and survival of humanity as a whole? im sure the 1% would agree on the morality of such an action and support it wholeheartedly. i do.

Dear Vilku,

You just quoted me saying I don't kill anyone. Which is unfortunate, because I would so enjoy the look on your face when you found out which side of the line you fell on.

i would also like to ask, if the force is everything.. including you, then what bound us together, maybe you did, but how came you were bound together into something meaningful enough to control existence?

The "Ask George Lucas" thread is that way --->

God is an evil mastermind that watches us all suffer from his all mighty cloud up high among the pinnacles of Heaven who is laughing at the painful struggles of us mortals!

Dear RaptorWizard,

You got me.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Dear God,

What was the real reason my tree man didn't show up Friday to do the work?

a.) There was a 60 ft poplar about to fall on a trailer and he sent the crew to do that

b.) He scheduled me on the wrong day OR

c.) He didn't schedule me in the computer at all and didn't even remember my name when I called ...

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Dear God,

How long does it take for you to check your own thread?

Love,
PB

MBTI Type
INTJ
God, how do you define yourself?

Dear Nicodemus,

That's an excellent question. I suppose I would say that I am a benevolent, omnipotent God who loves my creations but is careful to leave them to their own device. I am more like a clockmaker than a model railroad enthusiast, which is to say that I made my creation and then let it run instead of directly manipulating events in my universe.

Dear God,

What was the real reason my tree man didn't show up Friday to do the work?

a.) There was a 60 ft poplar about to fall on a trailer and he sent the crew to do that

b.) He scheduled me on the wrong day OR

c.) He didn't schedule me in the computer at all and didn't even remember my name when I called ...

Dear PeaceBaby,

B with a healthy dose of C. He thought you meant NEXT Friday and therefore you weren't on his immediate radar. Plus, and he won't tell you this, he loves trees and cannot bear to prune them. How unfortunate for him that he inherited a lucrative tree trimming business from his father.

Dear God,

How long does it take for you to check your own thread?

Love,
PB

I reply when I see my thread updated in Today's Posts, which is pretty much the only way I read the forum. So anywhere from five minutes to six months. I don't have time to check it every day at random, most of my time is taken up picking sides in wars and fixing football games.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
I've answered this question a million times, but I'll try again. I don't kill anyone. People die. If you would rather that the world's population increase exponentially until everyone starves, I'll look into it.

The flood of Noah Gen 7:23 [Killed everyone on the planet but 8 people there] Estimated as 20 million.
Killed Lot's wife Gen 19:26. [You killed someone cause they looked backwards at a city. That's kinda extreme].
Onan for "spilling his seed." Gen 38:10. [Seriously?! You killed a man because he didn't wanna bust a nut in his girl. What's up with that?]
A seven year world wide famine. That's pretty harsh. You're an asshole for that one. Gen 41:25-54

Ten scouts killed for their honest report [What's that saying about how you feel about honesty.] Num 14:35-36. Seriously dude, what the fuck is your problem.

We weren't talking about worldwide hunger here. You're avoiding the question and trying to skew my original idea. This is dishonest, childish, and immature. The question was "Why do you kill people for benign reasons?" Not why do people die, nor why do you kill people. Why you kill people for Fucked up shit for brains idea's. Like a man jizzing on the ground instead of in his woman.

Basically you took the heat off yourself by pointing the finger at someone else like the fucking coward you are. You're a piece of shit, you aren't real, and if you were I'd have no respect for a sociapathic mass murderer like you.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2010/04/drunk-with-blood-gods-killings-in-bible.html

MBTI Type
INTJ
The flood of Noah Gen 7:23 [Killed everyone on the planet but 8 people there] Estimated as 20 million.
Killed Lot's wife Gen 19:26. [You killed someone cause they looked backwards at a city. That's kinda extreme].
Onan for "spilling his seed." Gen 38:10. [Seriously?! You killed a man because he didn't wanna bust a nut in his girl. What's up with that?]
A seven year world wide famine. That's pretty harsh. You're an asshole for that one. Gen 41:25-54

Ten scouts killed for their honest report [What's that saying about how you feel about honesty.] Num 14:35-36. Seriously dude, what the fuck is your problem.

Dear Chimerical,

All but my most ardent and misguided followers understand that the Old Testament is largely allegory. In fact, I think any religion that places its bets on a literal interpretation of the Bible is asking for trouble, as anyone who has played the telephone game knows. Do not assume that I am the sum of all my followers' beliefs.

We weren't talking about worldwide hunger here. You're avoiding the question and trying to skew my original idea. This is dishonest, childish, and immature. The question was "Why do you kill people for benign reasons?" Not why do people die, nor why do you kill people. Why you kill people for Fucked up shit for brains idea's. Like a man jizzing on the ground instead of in his woman.

Your question, as you point out, was "Why do you kill people for benign reasons?" I answered that I do not kill people. If I don't kill people at all, it's kind of illogical for me to directly answer why I kill for certain reasons, isn't it? That's why I tried to explain why people die. Obviously we weren't talking about world hunger here. I apparently gave you a little too much credit for being able to understand that I was showing you the consequences of eliminating death. I was not avoiding the question, merely showing the folly of it. You were mad at me for killing certain people (which I don't do), yet people have to die or overpopulation will kill everyone. To avoid actively killing people, I have to let people die as nature dictates, and sometimes that's going to result in some pretty unfair results. The only alternative is to choose to kill certain people, which you've already admonished me for. What would you have me do? You can't have it both ways. One would think an INTJ would be more rigorous in his logic.

Basically you took the heat off yourself by pointing the finger at someone else like the fucking coward you are. You're a piece of shit, you aren't real, and if you were I'd have no respect for a sociapathic mass murderer like you.

You persist in ignoring my answers and proceeding as if your accusations are correct despite my denials. You don't listen to what I have to say, and you continue basing your vitriol on incorrect assumptions about me. There's really no point in continuing to ask me questions if you have your mind made up about me, because my answers are not going to change no matter how loudly you yell. There's even less point in my answering them, since we don't start with the same given assumptions, and my refusal to give answers based on your given assumptions results in an accusation of dodging the question. I bid you good day, and remind you that it's never too late.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
Dear Chimerical,

All but my most ardent and misguided followers understand that the Old Testament is largely allegory. In fact, I think any religion that places its bets on a literal interpretation of the Bible is asking for trouble, as anyone who has played the telephone game knows. Do not assume that I am the sum of all my followers' beliefs.

wow.
So, what's mass murder an allegory to again?

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
He/you...How do you expect to fathom the mysteries of God is you can't decode a 2 letter typo?

Ah, more of those superficial insults about benign things like typos.
Learn how to type asshole and maybe people will understand you better.

god [spelled with a lowercase intentionally] is a piece of shit imaginary friend to many people.
Now, you're initial comment was that I was "bid a goodday" and that I should listen.
Accepting what ones been told and not digging to the root of things isn't how I do things.

The poster who's pretending to be god is avoiding questions or skewing them and distorting them in his replies. The sort of thing a politician does. I feel it's rather underhanded and dishonest the way it's done. To always change everything so it fits your cause.

if god were real, which it he isn't, he's a mass murdering piece of shit that I'd never praise nor respect.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

god [spelled with a lowercase intentionally] is a piece of shit imaginary friend to many people.
Now, you're initial comment was that I was "bid a goodday" and that I should listen.
Accepting what ones been told and not digging to the root of things isn't how I do things.

The poster who's pretending to be god is avoiding questions or skewing them and distorting them in his replies. The sort of thing a politician does. I feel it's rather underhanded and dishonest the way it's done. To always change everything so it fits your cause.

if god were real, which it he isn't, he's a mass murdering piece of shit that I'd never praise nor respect.

Wow, you figured that out all by yourself? It takes a real stroke of genius to arrive at those deep conclusions. You're right, Chimerical. Fuck god, with his capital Gs. What kind of noun does he think he is?

P.S. I already know how to type asshole. C-H-I-M-E-R-I-C-A-L. See?

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Your post sounds like it comes from a very angry and frustrated person.

So I ask, why do you feel that if there was a god, it'd care for your praise and respect?
Why do you hate the notion so much, from your own personal experience? And don't give me any of that regurgitated crap I hear from every other person who feels the same as you do.
Give something with more substance beyond "God just sucks, it doesn't exist, but I'm going to keep talking shit about it like it exists anyway! I'm totally logical because I believe that god is make believe DERP."

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
dear God

105-God-killed-his-son.jpg

And also, how do you feel about Stephen Hawking, who sticks a finger up at you for saying you don't exist. He is one of the greatest minds on this planet, is it just pure hubris?

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
Your post sounds like it comes from a very angry and frustrated person.

So I ask, why do you feel that if there was a god, it'd care for your praise and respect?

Did I say that he'd care for my praise?
Or did you just make that up?

MBTI Type
INTJ

Dear yenom,

While superficially amusing, that particular meme glosses over a significant difference in context between the two situations. An unborn child is an innocent with no control over his destiny. Jesus willingly sacrificed his life. That's why he rocks. If I made him do it, is it really worth anything?

And also, how do you feel about Stephen Hawking, who sticks a finger up at you for saying you don't exist. He is one of the greatest minds on this planet, is it just pure hubris?

I love me some Stephen Hawking. I'm a big fan. He sees the beauty in my creation that many people who believe in me do not. He understands me better than a lot of people, even if he doesn't think I'm real. I think he's making a mistake, because I don't find my existence at odds with science. But think about this. If someone loses themselves in the works of Shakespeare and dedicates their life to the teaching and appreciation of his works, but doesn't believe there was a real Shakespeare, do you think Shakespeare is less flattered? I think he'd feel pretty warm and fuzzy.