• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask God

MBTI Type
INTJ
I feel enlightened already!
God,
Why did you create INTJs? I mean, they are a bunch of smartasses.

Well, just between you and me, I'll let you in on a little secret. I had to create a counterbalance for the humorlessness of INTPs. You know, not many people give me credit for being down with Eastern philosophy, but I am a huge fan of yin/yang.

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
It's quite the paradox to ask a being why he doesn't exist. I don't know what to tell you. In the meantime, mingle and have some ambrosia. I made it myself!

Not you as in FMW (whatever that means), but you as god, the creator of the universe. Why do you, the supernaturally claimed you, not exist?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Given that your your answer to question system describes a function, what is the formula for this function?

mavericknm,

It's kind of embarrassing to admit, being a deity and all, but math was never my strong suit. Still, I'll attempt an answer.

Questions: 50% playful, 30% sincere, 20% antagonistic.
Answers: 50% tailored to the intent of the questioner, 50% wiseassery.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Not you as in FMW (whatever that means), but you as god, the creator of the universe. Why do you, the supernaturally claimed you, not exist?

Slayer,

As I advised Gingko, only one answer per question. Your restatement does not change my answer. I hope this has been helpful. Your answer comes with a free frogurt!

Mole

Permabanned
If we ask God a question, we are sane.

But if we hear an answer, we're not.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dear God,

Do you have a god?

mavericknm,

I like this question! I'm not sure I have a satisfying answer for you, but hey, I work in mysterious ways. In the sense that I have something I love more than anything, that I trust implicitly, and that I hope to spend eternity with, I do have a God. It's called a cheeseburger. MMMM, heavenly.

No, but seriously, it's you. The collective you as humans, and the individual you as mavericknm. To paraphrase Auden:

You are my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I hope that love will last for ever: I don't want to be wrong.

Dear god,

Are Cogito ergo sum and buddhism mutually exclusive?

No way, dude. Clearing your mind is still a sentient action. Or, as one of my most favored bands, Rush, said: "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Dear God,

Why do you not provide Unbelievers with irrefutable proof of your presence, so that they have a reason to believe?

It seems that you have some nasty punishment lined up in the afterlife for the sin of willful non-belief, which makes you appear like you are just toying with them when you created them with minds that require compelling concrete evidence in order to believe something, and then do not provide them with that evidence so that they at least have the option. To them, unbelief seems like the only rational option as they have never seen anything that could convince them of your existence.

Of course we could say that this is because their mental horizons do not allow them to consider less concrete forms of evidence, but then why did you create them with such minds in the first place? Were you just being vindictive towards your own creations or did you have a purpose?

MBTI Type
INTJ
God, why are you a dickhead?

Helios,

If I were a dickhead, I would send a bolt of lightning your way instead of trying to answer your question :newwink:

I think that you're looking at my behavior from your perspective instead of a more universal perspective. You see one part of the plan instead of how the whole thing fits together. Or, as God said to Job when Job stepped to him (and I paraphrase), "You don't know me!!"

God, why is life better than death?

Nicodemus,

I suspect that you're asking me to defend a position on a question I remain undecided about. It might not even be the right question, as death could be seen as a transition into a new kind of existence. In that case, you might ask "is this life better than death?"

Perhaps your question is better posed in relation to a specific person rather than to mankind. For some people, death might be better than life. Sometimes a person's life on Earth has reached a natural conclusion, but extreme measures are taken to keep the body operating anyway. "We aren't going to kill her, it's up to God". Damn, can't you see a brother trying??

Dear God,

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Thanks,
PB

PeaceBaby,

This appears to be one of the most perplexing paradoxes mankind has wrestled with. And frankly, I think you all have too much time on your hands. This one is easy - the egg. Somewhere, sometime, a creature that's not a chicken but was a chicken's direct predecessor laid an egg that hatched into the first chicken. Clearly, everything that describes a chicken biologically was present in that egg.

And yes, this means that God believes in evolution. Yes, I created everything, but not individually. Do you know how much WORK that is? You guys write artificial intelligence programs that learn and adapt, right? So why is it so hard to believe I did the same thing? When you people argue about this it sounds like judging the merit of a painting by the frame. Seriously, all you guys can shut the @#$& up about this now. Love, God.