• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Understanding invisible threads that change how actions are judged.

skip

MBTI Type
INTP
I only want to prevent them from controlling me so that I can have control over myself.

That's backwards. You take control over yourself in order to prevent others from controlling you.

heart

heart on fire
I refuse. I curse this life, and everyone who appreciates it. I will not learn to drink this filth gleefully.

I have felt the same way about evil in this world and the apathy in a lot of people about it, but there are always people who are not this way and finding them is a real joy. There is beauty out there to be dicovered amongst the muck.

I would rather see a world tempered by mercy than a world of rigid, draconian laws. I most admire people who are inner directed with a strong sense of their own conscience. Yet so many people these days suffer from a devestating inner anomie, they don't know themselves, cannot connect to their inner guidence and they are easily led and swayed by archetypal so-called "big daddy" figures who want to control them totally with rigid rules and regulations, data bases, track them, etc. That's the potential world that is ugly to me.

When people won't control themselves, someone else will obilge and it likely won't be someone with the people's best interests at heart.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Everything is disgusting because it has no order. Only order is beautiful or meaningful, everything else is filth and ugliness to me. So the only way I can get any pleasure out of life is to continually impose my idea of order on everything I have control over, and try to appreciate those things while they last (which they won't), because they will be the only things worth appreciating.

Sorry, I can't think of a better description... I remember drawing and thinking about things like this even when I was very young, almost as if the idea were innate for me.

Order exists within nature, Athenian200. You will die.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
So now I know what's expected of me, and I also know that it's not something I can reasonably be expected to cope with.

Only because you said "reasonably," you are, in part, right. But, since the world is not based on reason, you are still expected to cope with it just like everyone else. We all, at one point or another, have to face the sore fact that we can change nothing but ourselves. Without real or perceived danger, there is no courage. I'm sure you will find yours.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perfect order is dead. (Think of crystals.)
Chaos provides life but can't maintain itself without restraint.

Life is ordered chaos. Or chaotic order. Or something like that.

But you know all that, so I won't belabor it. I just don't see a way around it.

In any case, this is quite a ballsy thread, and mentally provocative... definitely lotsa stars on this one. ;)

...The hard and stiff will be broken.
The soft and supple will prevail.

You've convinced me -- supple it is. :)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Go ahead, then... kill me. I don't really care one way or the other.

I hate you all, by the way. Your values disgust me.

No - you don't.
You love. You love deeply. You love with such intensity that it creates pain.

Words are the extensions of thought; thought of experience.

You love others because your pain is without end; because you've been treated unfairly.
Your love as law. Law as fairness. Fairness as love.

You love.

heart

heart on fire

It is okay if you hate me, I have been hated by worse for less, but what's really going on here? Are you going through some kind of off board stress? Or is it a build up of past issues here? The depth of passion you display does not match the recent events, jmo.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
In any case, this is quite a ballsy thread, and mentally provocative... definitely lotsa stars on this one. ;)

Yes, a serious, deep thread. I wonder why it's in the Fluff Zone.

Jae Rae

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You know, I hadn't even noticed that, Jae Rae. I'll move it somewhere more appropriate.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
On an intellectual level, Athenian, I am very curious as to which specific values you find so disgusting, and also, what values you have that you think we might be better off adhering to?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Okay there we go- moved from Fluff Zone to Philosophy/Spirituality

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It is okay if you hate me, I have been hated by worse for less, but what's really going on here? Are you going through some kind of off board stress? Or is it a build up of past issues here? The depth of passion you display does not match the recent events, jmo.

Very well, then. The values I am disgusted by are:

1. Courage - How pathetic do you have to be to have courage? It's just stupid to take risks so that people will admire that, or out of some screwed up sense that you owe people something. It is so pathetic and disgusting to need like that, and to do something so absurd, meaningless, and predictable to fulfill it. You should always flee danger unless it corners you, and then do everything you can against it no matter how underhanded. It's foolish to be bound by something as absurd as a sense of courage.

2. Trust - This basically the same as saying, "let people screw you over." If you trust people, they will screw you over. It's not even a matter of "if," but "when." They would be foolish not to do so if they could get away with it, in fact. You should always have a back-up plan in case they betray you, so that they can't do what ever they want with you. The easiest is to make sure that you never trust anyone unless you have something to use against them if they betray you. That will deter them. There is no trust, it's only an idea used to trick people. It doesn't do anything.

3. Acceptance, and even building upon the disgusting nature of things as they are, accepting it as valid, even embracing it - This is the most horrifying of all. You look on all this, seeing how disgusting and miserable it is, and you dare to align yourself with that awfulness, praise it as positive regardless of it's voidness of everything that is good or right, you just praise the arbitrary chaotic mess, and speak of it's "necessity," completely ignoring everything wrong with it. You demand people to live in it, you even implore them to love it as you do.

What I can't believe is that people are so pathetic, that they admire people who behave according to such.

Well, go ahead then. But I can't agree to your values. I cannot. I will not.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Athenian, please understand:

If you dislike the dark, become the light.

To accomplish this, you must first find it in others.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Go ahead, then... kill me. I don't really care one way or the other.

I actually laughed out loud when I read this. Good attempt at gaining sympathy. A bit in your face but still a decent try.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It feels good to trust and to accept and to be at peace with your environment. It is not an act of submission.

People will veer off the path that you have set for them in your mind, and that is natural. They are not extensions of you.