• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Was Jesus white?

F

FigerPuppet

And if so, does this lend its weight to support the (assumed) purity of white people?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The answer to the both the OP and my post are the same. That answer also applies to "is Smiley really a 'proper Christian'"?

A

A window to the soul

The answer to the both the OP and my post are the same. That answer also applies to "is Smiley really a 'proper Christian'"?

You lost me there. You are referring to Jews, correct? I've never heard the term "proper Christian" used before; not even jokingly. Thus, I inferred he was talking about Jesus being crucified; as a result, Christians no longer live under God's law. Does that make sense? (I'm not sure if I'm saying that correctly.)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You lost me there. You are referring to Jews, correct? I've never heard the term "proper Christian" used before; not even jokingly. Thus, I inferred he was talking about Jesus being crucified; as a result, Christian's no longer live under God's laws. Does that make sense? (I'm not sure if I'm saying that correctly.)

He's saying that Christians (in Europe) aren't circumsized usually...which is why I asked him the question, because I pretty much knew the answer. Circumsizion is generally associated with Jews outside of the United States, and this is actually Biblical.

So that's what he means.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Given the list of his supposed descendants and where they were from (between the Tigris and Euphrates, around the area where Turkey meets Iran, Egypt, around Palestine and Israel before the 1940s-50s diaspora made it a lot whiter), it stands to reason he wasn't. I don't know a lot of white people who are both born in and descended from those regions, personally. Generally Middle Eastern looking seems like a safe bet.

Most Christian nations tend to portray Jesus as looking like their most prominent ethnic background. Very white, very black, whatever. These are of no use as evidence.

Some years ago there was a sort of study done to try and approximate what Jesus would've looked like given what we know about his geneology in the Bible, the time, and the place. Their final model looked like this:

mid-Race_of_Jesus.ogv.jpg

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Also, as for the assumed purity of one race over another, I don't think there's anything explicitly about that in the Bible, though some people have tried to use stories like the "curse of Ham" and the Cain and Abel story to imply some races are "cursed" or inferior.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well, I need to know if this is like debating what color of feathers dinosaurs had or whether we're debating if the citizens of Atlantis were nudists... :thelook:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, I need to know if this is like debating what color of feathers dinosaurs had or whether we're debating if the citizens of Atlantis were nudists... :thelook:

If they were, that would be epic.:happy2:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
if so it would totally be time to take up underwater exploration or time travel :laugh:

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
since it was a divine impregnation and we all know God is white, there is clearly only one answer.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
pft. no. probably olive with dark hair and eyes.

or like this:

Jesus_saves_by_Bob_Rz.jpg

Some years ago there was a sort of study done to try and approximate what Jesus would've looked like given what we know about his geneology in the Bible, the time, and the place. Their final model looked like this:

mid-Race_of_Jesus.ogv.jpg

the thing that i don't get, is why they made him look confused.

Mole

Permabanned
Jesus and the Genome

Jesus was a hominid of the species homo sapiens. He had genes almost identical with a chimpanze.

And indeed most of his genes were identical with a banana or an orchid.

Yes, Jesus was one small part of the tree of life that began about four thousand million years ago.

And we are one family of life because each one us has an identical structure to our DNA passed from generation to generation and from species to species.

One might have thought Jesus would mention this to us but we had to wait for, "The Origin of Species", and its confirmation in the gerome, to be told of this most important fact about us and Jesus.