• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Naturalist Vs Creationist

G

Ginkgo

I don't believe in chance in any other way than acknowledging the fact that it's a human way of calculating the likelihood events. I believe our existence was intended. I've often heard the argument that we are too small and impotent to be of any significance. You only need to watch Carl Sagan's Tiny Blue Dot to realize that we are significant; our size or effect on the universe has nothing to do with whether we were intended to exist or not. Yes, I enjoy kicking over straw men just because I can.

Nicodemus

Creationism says that God created life on Earth while Evolutionism says the man evolved from the monkey (correct me if I'm wrong).
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh0F4FBLJRE"]Evolution of Man[/YOUTUBE]

I think thing happened at the same time. While Adam and Eve were happy in Heaven, here on Earth that specie of monkey evolved. When God expulsed Adam and Eve the first homo sapiens appeared on Earth. So we can say that Adam and Eve were the first homo sapiens.
"And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. And Jehovah God planted a garden eastward, in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed."

That dust and ground is the Earth.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe in evolutionary creationism. I believe to deny evolution is idiotic and foolish. But I think it's also foolishness to deny God.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If there were a God, and if he created the universe.. then I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind people making up their minds on what's available to them.

Mole

Permabanned
I believe in evolutionary creationism. I believe to deny evolution is idiotic and foolish. But I think it's also foolishness to deny God.

Creationism is mytho-poetic while natural selection is fact.

And it seems to be a fact that God is mytho-poetic.

Kraska

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w2
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh0F4FBLJRE"]Evolution of Man[/YOUTUBE]

"And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. And Jehovah God planted a garden eastward, in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed."

That dust and ground is the Earth.

Well, as the Bible says God created first the angels and the Heaven. So dust and ground don't necesary meant the Earth. There could be dust and ground up there too.

Just my opinion.

Kraska

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I have a question, hope someone can answer.

The science says that the Univers was created after a big ball exploded. The Big Bang.
I agree with that, I always did.

My question is: where did this ball came from?

Nicodemus

Well, as the Bible says God created first the angels and the Heaven.
That is not true: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Man appears in chapter 1, the first angel appears in chapter 16 of Genesis.

Kraska

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w2
That is not true: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Man appears in chapter 1, the first angel appears in chapter 16 of Genesis.

I thought the angels were created way before the humans :unsure:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, they were never created at all.

I don't know if this is what you mean.. but in Jewish thought angels aren't distinct from God. That's why Jews don't believe in Satan. There are angels who's job it is basically to question God, but that's all acording to the plan and not distinct from his will. In true monotheism, when evil things happen the finger will up pointed at God.

gromit

likes this
I have no idea where we came from or how the universe started. Both religion and science require faith on my part (science, since I'm not a scientist, and since even the scientists don't 100% understand).

Either way, the earth is cool and beautiful, and that we're amazingly lucky to be on the one planet for like a bazillion miles that can support life.

Kraska

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I have no idea where we came from or how the universe started. Both religion and science require faith on my part (science, since I'm not a scientist, and since even the scientists don't 100% understand).

Either way, the earth is cool and beautiful, and that we're amazingly lucky to be on the one planet for like a bazillion miles that can support life.

I'm afraid that's my fault. However we are talking about the Creationism idiology so we must talk about religion as well. I think :thinking: