• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you rather have a child, or live forever?

Would you rather have a child, or live forever?

• Total voters

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Again, I view immortality in positive terms. I see this question as asking: "would you rather have children as a mortal, thus ensuring the human race goes on & cute babies still exist, or would you prefer people be immortal & not have children so the earth isn't overrun with people?" I choose the latter, but then, babies don't charm me. I also see some remote possibility for expansion onto other planets in other universes (I'm not even a sci-fi fan either....this is like imagination 101), and so why not be immortal and have cute babies? The win-win is REAL!!! :tongue:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Again, I view immortality in positive terms. I see this question as asking: "would you rather have children as a mortal, thus ensuring the human race goes on & cute babies still exist, or would you prefer people be immortal & not have children so the earth isn't overrun with people?" I choose the latter, but then, babies don't charm me. I also see some remote possibility for expansion onto other planets in other universes (I'm not even a sci-fi fan either....this is like imagination 101), and so why not be immortal and have cute babies? The win-win is REAL!!! :tongue:

If the babies were immortal too, it would take a lot of pressure off inexperienced parents who are always terrified of accidentally killing their children.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Part of me would LOVE to choose immortality simply because I don't think my mind can realistically fathom such a concept. It would be very interesting to see how immortality pans out different or similar to how I think it might pan out. It would be interesting to see how my patterns of behaviour and acting would adapt to fit to being immortal.

But also, I don't want to be immortal if my body is going to become a prison for my mind eventually (not that it isn't already). And I think after a very, very long time I would get very, very bored and it would suck not to have an out.

Also, a cool part of living is having and raising kids. Not all aspects of it, but many aspects of it. It would be kind of unfortunate not to experience that.

Hell, I'll choose kids. Crazy. :shock:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Definitely immortality. I think I'd love it..

Only exception is if I was immortal, but super old and couldnt move .. Being immortal at like 30 though would be tits.

Ive never desired children.. so this was almost too easy of a question to me. :laugh:

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
BTW: I assume a biological child? No cheating by being immortal and adopting?

If you adopt, you give up the option of immortality.

Oh and lets also assume that your family line will last indefinitely if you choose to have a child.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But also, I don't want to be immortal if my body is going to become a prison for my mind eventually (not that it isn't already). And I think after a very, very long time I would get very, very bored and it would suck not to have an out.

This is precisely why I find the idea of immortality unsettling. What I would really like though is a greatly increased lifespan. The life expectancy as it stands now, doesn't give me the time I want to learn and experience everything I want.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

This is precisely why I find the idea of immortality unsettling. What I would really like though is a greatly increased lifespan. The life expectancy as it stands now, doesn't give me the time I want to learn and experience everything I want.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd choose to be mortal with a child. Immortality freaks me out. Plus I like the idea of having limited time. Something about it is more exciting.

A

Anew Leaf

From a biological standpoint, I would live so long as my mitochondrial dna is continued to be passed down via daughters.

I choose mortality everytime. Life is not a dress rehearsal... and being immortal would cause me to no longer value life and the beauty of this world as much as I do now.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The thought of seeing your wife/husband/significant other grow old (while they ponder how come the bond failed to produce children) as you stay young is a bit uncomfortable.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Neither. I'm never having children, and I have zero desire to live forever.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Live forever. I know it sounds childish, but I'd actually wonder what the future looks like, and if it is any "better" or "worse" than what the world looks like today.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't envision a life in which I'm not a mother one day, and I also can't envision myself being immortal. So definitely the child!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
neither but i want a child less. so i picked lived for ever. but i have no desire to achieve either one

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
If I lived forever there would be no metric by which my essence can adapt.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd choose to be mortal with a child. Immortality freaks me out. Plus I like the idea of having limited time. Something about it is more exciting.

This. Also it'd be really sad to see all the people I care so much about die while knowing that if I made more relationships they'd have the same fate. Also parenthood is one part of life I REFUSE to miss out on.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

Absolutely. Eventually, all your friends and family would die, the entire world that you had known will cease to exist. What would be the point of living? Immorality would eventually become so depressing that you would just take your own life.

I hope to have quite a few children, at least three, and I would be happy to live to 70. Really.