• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Imagining people...on weed!

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This is an exercise I did today and found rather... hm. Interesting? Try to imagine what everyone you run into for the next 15 minutes (or the next time you leave your cave) acts like when they're high, relaxed, and just being themselves. I did today while waiting around and found it intensely amusing and interesting. Some people I imagined were laughing, so just sat their brain-dead, some talked endlessly about politics, some just ate, others morphed into performers, and others annoyed the shit out of me with pedantic argumentation and bombastic elocution. Thank god no one would engage in that conduct here. If anything, this is a good Ne/Fe challenge.

If you do it, I'm curious to know how you liked it. A smile would be enough.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I can imagine all the very devout Catholics on campus running around high and just being totally and utterly content, talking about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit all giddy and compassionate-like.

As for my friends? I see them high all the time; no effort imagining that, lol.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's funny but there is something my brain does that is similar to what you describe.

Sometimes when I'm not trying, I will see a person's face and watch their body movements and images of their full range of emotional expression will flash through my mind. I see and feel what they are like angry, sad, excited. I sense if they have a temper or are grieving. I also sense if they aren't especially emotional. Subtler emotions enter my mind as well. I have absolutely no way of knowing if it is just my imagination, or if the cues from their movement and expression are enough to complete a picture. It doesn't happen if I try - it's just a random thing that happens from time to time.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's funny but there is something my brain does that is similar to what you describe.

Sometimes when I'm not trying, I will see a person's face and watch their body movements and images of their full range of emotional expression will flash through my mind. I see and feel what they are like angry, sad, excited. I sense if they have a temper or are grieving. I have absolutely no way of knowing if it is just my imagination, or if the cues from their movement and expression are enough to complete a picture. It doesn't happen if I try - it's just a random thing that happens from time to time.

Do you ever get psychic-type intuition that you can't chalk up to chance?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you ever get psychic-type intuition that you can't chalk up to chance?
My intuition has been wrong at times, so I'm not apt to trust it. I do feel better when things are later validated, but sometimes I am just plain wrong, so I keep it at arms' length. It can be a curiosity or entertaining, but much safer for it to have to prove itself with reason and reliability.