• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it rape if...

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i
3) lots of them are misunderstandings, so lots of innocent people end up in jail

No they don't. The rate of conviction of innocents as well as the rate of false accusations is minimal.

xisnotx

Permabanned
There is no such thing as rape.
Just stuck up girls, and horny guys.
(or the extremely rare "hormone crazed girl", and "extremely confused, but oddly quiet guy")

Answer to all: No.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No they don't. The rate of conviction of innocents as well as the rate of false accusations is minimal.

Whilest you might be right and I won't dispute that you are. I have to wonder, what makes you say that?

There might be many, many people wrongly accused and locked up witout the truth ever surfacing. The false accusations and conviction of innocents that were ultimately proven to be false accusations and innocent convictions are at a low rate, but how many possible cases remain unsolved is unknown to all. :p

Within

Permabanned
(or the extremely rare "hormone crazed girl", and "extremely confused, but oddly quiet guy")

I'm sure that you will change your mind about that in ass pounding jail, alternatively have a jolly good time.

Lark

See to be honest, I'd like to take the word of any of the hetero guys who figure that the "drunk girl giving them the nod before passing out on her bed" excuse or "adolescent girl flattered by so mature guy with a car" excuse where flipped and it was them in the company of "horned up homosexual Harry"?

I'll bet that the friction caused by the back peddling could power China.

xisnotx

Permabanned
I was going to respond to that with something similar, I couldnt decide whether it was a troll post or not. I hope to God that no one could seriously believe that.

My point is..rape is what you make it. Some of the sick stuff our ancestors did I would consider "rape" but they considered "normal sex". Am I wrong? Are they? For the reality of rape to exist there would have to be some sort of universal law that could, in all cases, separate normal sex from rape. Such a law, I believe, would be arbitrary.

The real question is, whose arbitrary law do we follow? I think, this is ultimately what such discussions boil down to.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

Hope this is just a shitty joke.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Surely I would not, but you must make sure I finish. Otherwise, you could be charged with rape.

full-metal-jacket-sergeant.jpg

A goddamn courtesy to give a reach-around!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know how some of you can live with yourself.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know how some of you can live with yourself.

With one eye closed...

I think most of the posts you target are probably made in some form of jest and meant light-hearted, as the OP's post itself also cuts the subject with a light heart. Ofcourse, this being a very serious and heavy subject that isn't very considerate, but I doubt anyone means harm in this thread. At least I hope. :p

Lark

My point is..rape is what you make it. Some of the sick stuff our ancestors did I would consider "rape" but they considered "normal sex". Am I wrong? Are they? For the reality of rape to exist there would have to be some sort of universal law that could, in all cases, separate normal sex from rape. Such a law, I believe, would be arbitrary.

The real question is, whose arbitrary law do we follow? I think, this is ultimately what such discussions boil down to.

Yeah, you're wrong. Yeah, they were wrong.

The law is not and shouldnt be a fabrication or invention but the public codification of what each and every individual knows to be true, the natural law, which is universal, anyone with a capacity for empathy and mindfulness of others would know that rape is wrong and that rape is not sex, I cant believe that an earlier age was so savage and devoid of empathy that rape was universal.

To be honest your post smacks of the sort of moral relativism and subjectivism which is at the root cause of most social malaise.

Lark

With one eye closed...

I think most of the posts you target are probably made in some form of jest and meant light-hearted, as the OP's post itself also cuts the subject with a light heart. Ofcourse, this being a very serious and heavy subject that isn't very considerate, but I doubt anyone means harm in this thread. At least I hope. :p

Why do you hope?

I'm sincerely interested because I see a lot of inexcuseable behaviour online and see what constitutes the nominal gallery of onlookers, who I presume in person would stop someone behaving in a particular way, especially if they were playing to an audience, short, even if its simply looking away, refraining from laughing or paying attention to the undesirable or inappropriate behaviour, give tacit conscent to it all.

Is hoping that its all in jest and all good fun really a means of minimising what is going on, preventing it disturbing yourself or anyone else?

I dont know, anyway, I dont think rape is something to be made light of, I've got fairly dark humour and engage in a lot of gallows humour myself, dealing a lot of the time with trauma and the consequences of cruelty on a casual basis at work as a social worker its one of the ways I cope with the stress and strain. Although there are topics I dont think its appropriate to try to inject a bit of humour into and this is one of them and I think its alright to say so. I'm not on message with the "thy shall not judge" culture.

The subject of whether people orgasm during rape is a serious one, with real consequences for those who've experienced that kind of thing, I know some women who following bad experiences which fell short of rape have had difficulty with intimate situations since, and I know some ex-soldiers who told me that their training in preparation for the possibility of being tortured included the possibility of being raped by other men and they were advised of the possibility of it causing them to orgasm and were told this would be no reflection upon their sexuality. Its interesting because the soldier I'm talking about told me that his instructor had first hand knowledge of someone who was able to withstand some pretty horrendous torture, including genital mutilation (no details and sure I dont want to know), but who went crazy following a rape and the repeated taunts from the rapist that he was in fact a homosexual. I would imagine that taunting by any rapist to anyone, male or female, that they in fact enjoyed being raped would result in a kind of psychic death.

I experienced some pretty terrible bullying growing up, it falls extremely short of rape, although I tend to believe the domination and violence involved is the same and the primary motive, its pretty f*cked up if those sorts of things are that badly confused in peoples minds that they'll associate them with or consider them synomyous with sex.