• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it rape if...

Noon

2) you get someone drunk so that you can manipulate them to have sex with you

This (and 3 & 4) is the only one that I think is not rape.
But imo it is rape if you get them shitfaced, follow them around, and wait for them to pass out.

"I've never heard of a criminal called Rape Ape."

"That's because his name is RAPIER Ape."

"An ape that's even Rapier than Rape Ape?!"

"Please God, tell me there's no Rapiest Ape."

"No, he's called Rapier Ape because he uses a rapier. It's a type of sword."

"He rapes people with a sword?!"

"I'd rather be raped with a penis."

:rofl1:

What if she's already dead? Is it still rape?

jh55ig.jpg

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
would these hypothetical situations be considered rape?

1) you hypnotize someone into having sex with you

Rape. No consent. I question that this is actually possible, though.

If the person, once drunk, consents to sex, I don't believe it's technically rape. In terms of my own personal morals, however, I believe it is pretty close to rape and contemptible.

3) you have sex with someone controversially younger than you, but they consent

What is controversially younger? I believe age can only pertain to statutory rape. If they are not illegally young, then it's not rape. Basically, we assume a child does not have the capacity to properly give consent, but the point of maturity varies from person to person, so we have no choice but to pick an arbitrary point where it is illegal.

4) you manipulate someone into having sex with you when you know they'll regret it later.

Well, the word manipulate has a lot of possible meanings, and some of those meanings would definitely amount to rape. But let's say it is pretty much consent and then they regret it later. That is definitely NOT rape.

5) you threaten to withdraw support for an individual if they don't have sex with you (not support that they need, like a job, money for living expenses or healthcare, but some other type of support that they can survive without)

If survival is not involved, it is not rape, because I believe the other person can make a reasonable decision to not consent. It's a disgraceful thing to do, though.

6) you threaten to withdraw support that the individual does need (such as those listed above)

Deprivation of necessity is at least as much a force of hand as beating someone, so I say this is rape.

7) you make your spouse have sex with you after they have been witholding it from you

The word make implies to me that this would have to be rape, but it's vague. I'm not even sure what the overall point of this particular scenario is. No one is ever entitled to sex with anyone else.

8) someone has consented to have sex with you. you're in the middle of things and they say "stop!" and you don't

Consent is revoked. Continuing is rape.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) you hypnotize someone into having sex with you
no

no

3) you have sex with someone controversially younger than you, but they consent
no, but unacceptable if it has undesirable effects on the younger partner's psyche. this is also assuming the younger partner consented with no pressure. it becomes rape if they were pressured in any way to have sex

4) you manipulate someone into having sex with you when you know they'll regret it later.
no, it's not morally ideal, but it was there fault for being stupid

5) you threaten to withdraw support for an individual if they don't have sex with you (not support that they need, like a job, money for living expenses or healthcare, but some other type of support that they can survive without)
no, perverse, but like Speed said, it's more of a (slightly twisted) negotiation

6) you threaten to withdraw support that the individual does need (such as those listed above)
sexual assault

7) you make your spouse have sex with you after they have been witholding it from you
yes, but both parties are at fault. fulfilling one's partner's sexual needs is a responsibility of both parties in a married couple. ideally, they should get a divorce, but withholding sex from a spouse is extremely morally questionable in it's own right.

8) someone has consented to have sex with you. you're in the middle of things and they say "stop!" and you don't
no, but morally questionable and extremely low class

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

This is absolutely rape. How in the world do you figure it's not?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If you are asking a question that starts "is it rape if...", only two things need to be said about it:

A) If you aren't totally sure about if it counts as a sex crime or not, it probably is.

B) Even if it isn't, it's still something you shouldn't do. No one ever got out of being an awful piece of shit with the excuse "well, technically that's not rape."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

by definition, I agree that it's questionable and low class, just not rape
Edit: actually, I've changed my mind on this one

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
by definition, I agree that it's questionable and low class, just not rape

Any action after someone says stop would be forced, unwanted sexual intercourse. What definition of rape are you going by?

Edit: OH, Good. =)

Within

Permabanned
would these hypothetical situations be considered rape?

Which one are you feeling guilty about? It would make things a lot easier if you just came right out asking about it instead of wrapping your question in this ridiculous charade.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which one are you feeling guilty about? It would make things a lot easier if you just came right out asking about it instead of wrapping your question in this ridiculous charade.

lol I'm a virgin. please don't turn an intellectual conversation into ad hominem

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Yes to evereything except the controversial age thing. That one is subjective. The others. Urgh.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Magic Poriferan's reply is excellent, and reflects my own thoughts quite well.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5

Agreed. How on earth is someone saying "No" or "Stop" NOT considered rape if you continue?

Edit. Okay. didn't see the mind change.

Within

Permabanned
The guy is one thrust from candyland and the woman decides to fuck with him or in this case not to, and they guy pretends that he loses his grip and slips into her a final time?