• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask a Pagan.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I consider most forms of 'Satanism' or demonology to be Abrahamic in conception and perspective, which is why I worded my previous post the way I did. From casual observation it seems that some of them incorporate some form of ancient Egyptian or Middle-eastern mythos into their beliefs, which might be a gray area as far as classification is concerned.

Definately not a satanist, btw; as an agnostic whose favorite kind of spiritual belief is Deism, I tend to stay away from unfathomable spiritual entities just in case they actually exist. :D I just enjoy mythology, whether its from actual religions, bastardizations from the same (much of DnD), or just made up (fantasy in general).

Mythology and Fantasy are both fascinating in their own right, and before I was anywhere near a pagan (or at least consciously one), I was a big fan of history books, mythology books and fantasy books, so I know what you mean :D

Which Pagan Path Do You Follow?
Wiccan

Thelema

Orisha

Shaman

Druid

Only the first two had any visible scoring to the left of them.

I have no knowledge about Thelema or Orisha ( I believe it's someting to do with voodoo but could be wrong), but I did start with Wicca myself. The books Coriolis suggested are classics, especially scott cunningham. I started myself with him. I'd also very much recommend 'A Witch Alone' by Marian Green. Maybe I'm biased towards this book, but in my opinion it is perfect for a beginning solitary witch/wiccan, especially one with a strong love for nature in particular (less so for those who are more into the mystical/almost alchemist vibe type stuff). There's less stress on the actual gods/rituals parts, and moreso on the actual lifestyle and the observing of the seasons (which is imo the essence of all pagan religions, including wicca). Cunningham in itself is good coz he's got a way to explain things in neat little boxes making it very easily digestable and giving you a great oversight of what it all entails. He's a little outdated (the author died in like 92 I believe), but still considered a good source in the community. If you wanna have a flavour of 70's feminism and have a flair for ceremonial magic, go for Starhawk, another great classic, though a less accessible read :D

Coriolis already pointed you towards some internet stuff, but if you're looking for a pagan community, you can try Pagan Space. It's overwhelmingly big at first, but there's a vast amount of info on there, as well as pagans from all sorts of paths, including, as on all forums, the trolls, the immature ones, the confused seekers and the veteran seekers. It should show you that pagans are, well..just people, like the rest of y'all :D
We hardly know anything about the historical Celtic druids because they didn't keep written manuscripts. They tend to be stereotyped as making blood sacrifices and being involved with Stonehenge, when in reality they probably just executed assholes on wicker men. RPG druids have no connection.

Correct, which makes the Celtic path for me harder to study than say the Germanic/Norse path.

Coriolis, we should exchange info :D
I have studied mainly the Norse side and haven't gotten around to doing much studying on the Celtic side yet.

So Miss Faye.. do you ever get a little weirded out by some people out in the pagan community? Are there sometimes that you feel like you have to roll your eyes?

Ohhhh yeah.

But the thing is..I try to keep an open mind. Many of these people are still finding their way. Some are there to avoid their own issues. Which is understandable yet regrettably delusional. And some actually experience shit I've never experienced. It's hard to differentiate at times. For instance, I know a fellow witch who swears she can see ghosts/spirits as clearly as she sees you and me. Me, I've never seen a ghost. But. I've felt energy. That's my thing. I *know* what it's like to be looked at that way myself, as when I was younger and less careful about who I told what (also coz the pain of all those feelings was daily killing me), I said that I could literally feel what other people felt. People...don't like that idea. And roll their eyes at that easily (as they do at you telling them that you're a pagan btw). Empathy, as it's known in the community (here known as an F and often especially NF skill, mixed with some sx-dom enneagram shit possibly), is considered a gift/curse over there, just as being a medium is.

Now, who am I to tell her that what she sees is a bucketload of crap, when I *know* myself what it's like to experience something that others cannot relate to? For that matter, before I knew what 'synesthesia' was and could explain it to people, people looked at me like I came from Venus or whatever other planet, coz I swore 2 was mintgreen. And that I saw a rainbow of colours or a thunderstorm of dark colours depending on the mood someone was in. It's kinda.. I know what it's like to be on both sides. I have trouble believing my friend as I believe she believes herself but is also convincing herself of it being true. That's the vibe I get. However, the irony is that I'm picking up this vibe with the very thing (empathy), that others look weirdly at me for :shrug: So who's to say?

And then there's the added bonus of me 'feeling' energy when there's nobody there, and she's around. Now the question becomes...do I pick that up coz she wants it to be there, and it's really her energy I'm reading? Or is there actually somethign there and is she telling the truth? I don't know.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What does the blood of an infant taste like?

Can't tell you for certain, but I'm wagering there isn't much difference with the blood of a grown-up. Now, the meat might be more tender :shrug:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only blood I can comment on is my own.

Lightyear

Experience has taught me that spells work like much of the rest of life. It's not infallible, nor is it supernatural. I usually cast spells when I need it and I have energy to spare for it. I can go months without casting, but when I have something important in the works, and I've actually *done* the legwork or am doing the legwork, I sometimes use a little boost to help guide things in the right direction.

What kind? That's a very open question. Purely technically speaking, I tend to be a fan of candle magic, which consists of infusing a candle with the energy required for the spell, and then naturally releasing it through burning the candle.

First thing that came to mind, "What's the point of a spell, if it's not supernatural?" What is the spell then? Scientifically provable? Where does the energy/force/whatever come from that leads to the spell being answered?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First thing that came to mind, "What's the point of a spell, if it's not supernatural?" What is the spell then? Scientifically provable? Where does the energy/force/whatever come from that leads to the spell being answered?

From all around us :)

As I stated before, all living things hold 'energy', including us. Do you know the theory where everything in Nature is linked with one another? An ecological web, as it were? Where if you remove pillars (animals or plants) in that web, the net weakens and the entire system collapses (like, removing the bees kills the plants, which leaves us with no food etc). Similarly, many pagans believe there's an web of energy around the world. The world is connected with each other. And if you gently tug at that web at one side, in the correct way, you can influence changes all the way on the other side of the web. This is what a spell supposedly does.

Another explanation is that we use our mind to boost our own willpower to get something done..kinda like the placebo effect, or the positive thinking trick.

Considering that we don't even come close to knowing what the human mind is capable of, and science is still at its infancy there, I'd wager the answer is somewhere in the middle. I think our mind is capable of a lot more than we can measure at this particular time, including influencing that web.

I know, from experience, that I'm sensitive to energy around me. I can pick up on it, if I focus. It's similar to picking up other people's emotions (which is part of their energy). It's for that matter even more similar to the sx function of the enneagram, where you're 'attracted' to something coz it vibes a certain way. It's only a small step at that point to use that energy to either manipulate your own energy field to make the change you want, or even manipulate that energy itself (calming down an angry person for instance) to change into something else.

Spells work the same for me. Just becoz it's natural, doesn't mean it's any less fascinating or marvelous, or for that matter, useful :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is there an ultimate spiritual goal being pursued, say spiritual perfection of the soul or whatnot?

Depends on which pagan tradition you follow :)
But I'd say in general, most paths praise the pursuit of gaining knowledge and wisdom.

How do you feel about reiki? Other forms of spiritual healing?

I'm not really an expert on these things, but I sometimes do massages myself, though I've not received any training in it, yet. And I consider that a way of 'spiritual' as well as physical healing. From what I understand, Reiki is a realignment of the persons energy, and perhaps a certain amount of transfer of energy. In theory, it should work much like empathy does and the way spells do, but I've never had a chance to really try it out yet, so I cannot really comment.

How cool are your auras?

Cool as in..cool colours? Or cool as in 'awesome'? Or?

How do you feel about men practicing paganism?

Err..fine? It's paganism, why wouldn't men practise it?

Its been addressed already, but its something I've never really understood: what is the point of 'casting spells' again? Or what would be common examples? would saving a parking space be an example? Does one feel that requesting/asserting/whatever such things is somehow violating/overruling/suppressing the desires of others/nature?

Casting spells is done for the same reasons you actually work towards any goal in the physical world: to manipulate your environment in your favor. Common examples are healing spells, prosperity spells, and those that are either really wise and skilled or really ignorant: love spells.

Saving a parking space could be done, I guess, but I'd say that's more of a 'luck' spell. 'Magic' tends to work the way rivers do: they choose the path of least resistance. The money for that bill you don't know how to pay at the end of the month, suddenly gets found on the floor somewhere, or suddenly you get to do overtime, or the money of a long forgotten project comes in. The bigger the amount you need, the harder it is to 'luck' into it and the more power your spell needs, ime. I'd wager the same is true for the parking space. In fact, the same is true for anything. Things that are bigger, tend to require more 'effort' in the real world as well to obtain it. Relying on magic solely to get shit done though...really not the most efficient way to go about things. It's like a little nudge but you're best off doing the legwork as much as you can in the real world, as the spell itself will most likely cost you more energy to cast and be successful, than it would cost you to 'prep' properly.

Have you ever controlled of influenced the weather?

I'm not a weather witch, no. I haven't had a real need to control the weather, like..ever, really. I tend to stick to influencing myself, as it's easier and less likely to harm others. For that matter, I'm a strong believer of adapting to your environment, instead of adapting your environment to your inflexibility.

G

Ginkgo

From all around us :)

As I stated before, all living things hold 'energy', including us. Do you know the theory where everything in Nature is linked with one another? An ecological web, as it were? Where if you remove pillars (animals or plants) in that web, the net weakens and the entire system collapses (like, removing the bees kills the plants, which leaves us with no food etc). Similarly, many pagans believe there's an web of energy around the world. The world is connected with each other. And if you gently tug at that web at one side, in the correct way, you can influence changes all the way on the other side of the web. This is what a spell supposedly does.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Pagan community is diverse and unstructured. The upside is that there is little hierarchy, and no one to insist you do anything. If a particular group or ritual or method is not working for you, you are free to find another, or to start your own, or to work alone. The downside is there isn't the same support one gets in a mainstream church/temple. There is much less vetting of clergy/teachers, and seekers must be wary of those with ill motives, or inadequate background. The lack of structure can lead to an "easy-come, easy-go" mentality, in which people just leave a group when the smallest conflict or difficulty arises, rather than work on maintaining the relationship for the greater benefit, and learn from the experience.

To sum up, the responsibility for spiritual development rests squarely on you. No minister will give you easy answers; no priest will represent you to God. You may have to design your own services, write your own prayers, choose your own holidays, teach your own children. You will find teachers, guides, and fellow travellers who will help you on your path, as you help them, but you must walk the path yourself. For those of us committed to Pagan faiths, that is just as it should be.

Someone mentioned Paganism, especially Wicca, attracts all sorts of people who aren't serious about spirituality and just think it's "cool" to be Pagan, or even who turn to it as a form of rebellion. It does not take long to run across these folks. Many established groups are deliberately cagy and almost off-putting, expressly to deter them. Those truly interested in spiritual development, even if as a reaction to bad experiences in mainstream faiths, are not deterred. They are the ones who keep coming back, while the rest quickly get bored and leave when they realize they won't learn to turn their boss into a toad, or make that cute girl fall in love with them.

Vala's comments in post 61 regarding empathy crystallized some of my impressions of my own involvement. Empathy and personal sensitivity are not strong suits of INTJs. My reactions were thus mixed when I first became involved in Pagan activities. I felt like a fish out of water, surrounded by lots of emotive touchy-feelyness, while at the same time, I connected with the underlying perspective of the divine, the universe, our place in it, and what to do about it. I am not sure my real empathy has improved, but I have become much more tolerant, or at least much more sensitive about suspending judgment and holding my tongue when something strikes me as flaky or incredible. I know I lack the information to make a reasoned judgment about someone else's experiences, and I also know I might learn something by remaining open to their perspective, even if I do not agree in the end.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I know this is your thread Vala, but :3 I don't have questions at all, and want to participate, so I thought I'd just jump in and answer some that differed from your own.

What kind of spells do you cast, if any?

How often?

Not nearly often enough--mainly because I lack personal space and that is extremely important to me. Spirituality is a private matter to me, so I don't tend to share it with others, at least not in a way where they can see my workings. The spells I cast are specific and tailored to a certain need and concern. I don't cast general "Bring me luck!" spells.. I'd more-so cast a spell of divination to try and see what I am missing that's making me stumble.

I'd say I cast spells once a year.. But when I lived alone, I casted on holidays and on occasions I felt it necessary as well.

Is there a specific God to which you direct your prays?

There are different aspects of the God and Goddess.. In my particular belief, I feel that the angels, demons, and spiritual figures of other religions exist as well, all facets of the God and Goddess. So it is common to see me pray to the Christian side of 'God' for christian friends, appealing to that nature of the God.. I'm not Wiccan, btw. So while it can be specific, I don't turn to the same one every time.

Thanks :) Is there a divide at all in the magical community between Pagans and strictly practical magic users?

There is. To me the community is divided into all different sections: Unfortunately, the biggest section is the spambots, that just fill the cache with myth and junk. I'd consider myself a practical magic user.. I don't normally cast on holidays, or call to the sun, etc. There are many types of spells out there, but in my particular niche we believe the God and Goddess already deliver you the things you need.. So most of my casting is about trying to figure out what I'm not seeing, the way a kid asks their parents why a bug is green.. they just don't put the pieces together that it's camoflague to help it survive, but a small nudge in the right direction will give the conclusion.

Most of the wiccans I've known were basically agnostic with interests in mythology and the supernatural so it's nice of you to share something beyond "i <3 nature + I like having really long nails".

based on your post explaining god/goddess duality it seems that wiccans are actually theists or is the god/goddess thing not to be taken literally?

To me, I feel Wiccans must be Theist. There is a God, and a Goddess, undoubtably. How they think of these is different from the norm, but the principles are there. Pagans may not necessarily be theist.. Either are magic-users. Agnostics are their own category--they literally doubt a God exists.. whereas Wiccans are pretty firm in their beliefs. It's why they cast magic in the first place.

Where did you first learn about paganism and when did you accept it as your philosophy/spirituality/religion?

I studied many religions for fun back when I helped volunteer at a library--I must have been 14. Wicca was one that stood out for me, I found many Christian like (and thus boring to read about ;) ). I'm not wiccan, but it got the ball rolling. I started to contemplate and ponder what I truly felt, what I observed.. I started actively seeking my answers from age 15 on.. Around 17-18, I came to the conclusion I currently have, and I am spiritually satisfied, and content, with what I've conjured. I stick with Pagan workings because they're dear to me and were the foundation of my search.

Have you ever danced naked outdoors? (Bonus points for a full moon and a bonfire.) If so, was it related to said 'pagan beliefs'?

...be honest!

Also, do you view your beliefs as a religion or a philosophy?

Religion based in Philosophy, for me. Ive never danced outside naked, but I totally would. Working naked is great.

For me, it comes mostly from within and my surroundings--everything has an energy, even if it isn't a living one. A spell is very much like focusing.. or like a prayer. A meditation on the events currently taking place, trying to seek an answer the way someone thinks during prayer. Sometimes just asking out loud brings it to you--other times you have to be patient and find it buried.. but if you know something is there, you don't stop digging. :shrug: thats as best as I can explain it anyways.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
what do you wish more people knew or understood about paganism?

how often do you feel like you talk about things and people don't take you seriously ["oh gosh darling *of course* spirits talk to you. bless your little heart"?]

how often do you feel like people feel that "this is just a phase" and you'll grow out of it or "see the errors of your way?"

how many people get totally turned off or blindsided with the whole "spirits/aura/magic/psychic-stuff" when you talk about that?

Mole

Permabanned
Imagination, Reality and Regression

What's interesting is that so many christian celebrations are simply taken from pagen celebrations.

And I think the big danger in paganism or christianity is literalism. Once we give our imaginings a literal interpretation, they become ridiculous.

The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn the difference between imagination and reality. But both paganism and christianity are so regressive as to confuse imagination and reality.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To answer Scott's questions:

That it isn't evil. We don't worship Satan. (I tend to exclude Satanism from Paganism due to the Judaeo-Christian origins of Satan.) We do not kill things, but instead revere life. We are very tolerant, probably more tolerant of others' faith than they are of ours. Many of us worship the same deity others do, we just see him/her with different names and faces. We understand our stories are myths, just like the stories of other faiths. We don't worship trees/nature, we worship with nature, since all creation reveals the creator. We are not (all) flaky new-age fortune-tellers wearing pentagrams and flowy skirts. We hold a broad spectrum of mainstream jobs, pay our bills, raise our families, help our neighbors. In short, we are not that different from everyone else. Most people probably know a Pagan without realizing it.

how often do you feel like you talk about things and people don't take you seriously ["oh gosh darling *of course* spirits talk to you. bless your little heart"?]

Hardly ever, because I keep personal topics like spirituality to myself most of the time. When I do discuss it, I never label myself (Hi, I'm a Pagan . . . ), but simply share my beliefs and perspective. Sometimes people disagree, but it has never been poorly received.

how often do you feel like people feel that "this is just a phase" and you'll grow out of it or "see the errors of your way?"

Never, for the reasons described above, plus I can give people good reasons for the specific things that I do, and they usually cannot argue successfully with that.

how many people get totally turned off or blindsided with the whole "spirits/aura/magic/psychic-stuff" when you talk about that?

A couple of people have been rather surprised the first time I discussed my beliefs and practices with them, but they were close friends, listened patiently to my explanations, and came to understand how it made sense for me. I think they even respected that I felt free to depart from the mainstream so significantly, and follow my own way. If I suspect someone will be turned off by talk of spirits or energy working, and the subject of spirituality or religion comes up, I generally focus on how we view the divine, our place in the universe, etc. and generally end up with a decent discussion.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. what do you wish more people knew or understood about paganism?

2. how often do you feel like you talk about things and people don't take you seriously ["oh gosh darling *of course* spirits talk to you. bless your little heart"?]

3. how often do you feel like people feel that "this is just a phase" and you'll grow out of it or "see the errors of your way?"

4. how many people get totally turned off or blindsided with the whole "spirits/aura/magic/psychic-stuff" when you talk about that?

1. How magic is viewed within paganism. People just assume it's like in sci-fi and fantasy and judge based on that. Granted, considering thats what they associate with magic, it's to be expected, but it makes me sigh coz chances are they won't accept my explanation of how it's different, won't care to hear it and judge based on their old idea of it anyways and therefore consider me a lunatic. It's kinda..let's not even bother to bring it up, at this point.

2. Not often at all, as I don't even discuss this with my boyfriend. He knows, he supports me, but I can see the doubt in his eyes when I talk about this stuff, and it tires me. I also understand it as I know what it's like to have to believe something based on what someone else is telling me, something I've never really seen or experienced, so I don't bother people with this stuff. It just creates friction and awkwardness with friends and gets you mocked by strangers who roll their eyes at you or just wanna get away from you coz you're psycho. I did once have fun taunting my ISFJ friend who went on a loud rant about how people don't believe in leprechauns and everyone accepts that as crazy while people do accept main religions as absolutely normal. I couldn't resist going: 'Who says nobody believes in leprechauns? I do :coffee:' Watching her Fe squirm to try and repair the damage that got done was cute. Don't worry, I didn't let her suffer more than 30 seconds. Then I encouraged her to go on with her rant.

3. When I was 20, this drove me batty. I was a lot more open and loud about it, and still figuring things out, so my family tossed that one in my face *all the time*. My dad even went on a crazy 'omg, she's going to end up in a cult!!!' phase, at which my mom rolled her eyes and went: 'dude, if she's going to end up in a cult, she's going to have to start one as she wont even listen to you after 20 years. What makes you think she's going to take orders from some random guy? :rolleyes:'

4. Almost all of em. Even my own friends. Except the ones that are fluffy bunnies. They make me wanna run, in turn. It's why it's refreshing to meet actual pagans instead of wanna-bes.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Has the prevalence of Harry Potter books and movies done anything to change people's perceptions or attitudes towards paganism or pagan ideas in your opinion/assessment?

In your mind, what are some of the major typical beliefs or attitudes associated with paganism? Expressed differently, if someone said "umm, so your pagan, what does that mean or involve?" how would you respond?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Honestly, just the history and origin.. how old it truly is. Having that sort of respect for it and less thinking of it as some caveman trying to explain lightning back in the day would be fantastic. I don't care if people think its crazy, or believe we're right.. just that they respect it a bit more. It isn't some "Omg if I paint my nails red true love will find me!" equation. It is something deeply connected in an ancient way to the world--and I think that calls for more respect than it gets.

:laugh: I think this is about everything.. There are people I can go to, and talk to about this.. but majority of people would either disapprove, or not take me seriously, so I tend to leave it out of conversation. It just never gets brought up. I do tend to white-lie as well.. especially with things like strangers, co-workers, bosses, etc.. Since I do believe Judeo-Christian God is the same as my god, it is easy for me refer to him in public this way without getting all the weird stares. I don't have hours to explain my way of life to people, its just easier this way.

I think many of my friends initially thought this about me. My best friend and my love at the time both supported me on it, which helped a lot. I probably would have found this path without any support, but it would have been later in my adult years than when I was younger. I think this is normal with most teenagers though.. "You don't love him--its just a phase" and later on they end up married. :shrug: Everything is a phase until time proves otherwise.

Enough that I don't. Like I said, I find it very private in the first place-- I do not initiate conversation, and I don't divulge information without people actively probing--I also have to feel like they're genuine.. Probing to troll warrants white lies.

Has the prevalence of Harry Potter books and movies done anything to change people's perceptions or attitudes towards paganism or pagan ideas in your opinion/assessment?

I think the popularity of fiction novels rising in mainstream society in general has done wonders.. More people that don't care to know about Wiccans know at least the basics now more than ever. Pagans don't equal satan anymore necessarily.. The ability to see people acting like normal people while using magic in a safe context like a story just helps. They aren't destroying the world.. I honestly thought even X-men and comics like that helped a lot as well. :shrug:

There was a show called Mad Mad House on Sci-fi that was a small cult-hit while it was on the air. It was big-brother style, and had a lot of really elaborate, wacky antics.. but it featured people from walks of life very different from the American norm. It was a GREAT show that taught a lot while still having fun snippets here and there. I loved it.

In your mind, what are some of the major typical beliefs or attitudes associated with paganism? Expressed differently, if someone said "umm, so your pagan, what does that mean or involve?" how would you respond?

Gods exist, plural, living together as one united entity via the earth itself. Their energies in all their forms are everywhere, within everything, and that energy extends to you as well. You have more energy than you ever need, honestly, and it is the same with everything else on the earth. The entire point is just recognizing that energy, and the power of the earth itself, and being grateful and looking to that web of intensity for guidance. And giving back when you can.

Pagans are big on balance.. Yings and yangs, and shades of gray softening black and white. Throwing off that balance is something you try to avoid, and staying in tune with it is something you strive for. The way people express those concepts is different for each pagan.

I don't know if I said that right, but it is as close as I can get.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
which_spelling_2.jpg

B

ByMySword

Awesome, a Pagan discussion. I would also like to chime in if I may as a self-identified Heathen.

I identify with Germanic Neo-Paganism philosophically (i.e. Machiavellian) and historically/culturally since I'm of Anglo-Norman descent; however, my ideas as to the nature of gods differs. I'm a panendeist, so I believe in a single supreme being that permeates all of nature and living creatures, yet still retains a certain consciousness. I'm probably similar to kyuuei in the regard that I believe that all of the monotheistic "gods" are the same. I just call mine Odin. By definition, this being does not necessarily take an active role in our world, but I admit I do pray when I feel like it if only for its meditative advantages.

As far as the nature of other gods, angels, and spirits, I take a more agnostic role, though I am open to their existence. I do not cast spells. I do not take part in rituals unless they are of my own making, though I am open to others if I feel they are productive.

Anyway, just thought I'd lend my two cents as to how diverse Pagan beliefs are. One article on Paganism I read specifically referred to certain divisions as Pagan pantheism, which I felt suit me better than anything else.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If you practice magic, and are 'spiritual' but do not have a religion as such, you're most likely a Witch. They go for the sheer magical side of it all and are technically not Pagan, I guess but are still lumped in together with Pagans and generally accepted as such. They also get very tired of being considered Wiccan everywhere they go, as Wicca tends to be the mainstream idea of how people see modern witches these days, while often Witches absolutely don't agree with the dogma that Wicca upholds.

Still with me? :D

Wait, what, what do you consider magical. :ninja:

Metaphysical? Synchronicity? Law of Attraction? Positive intentions? Mysticism? New Age paradigms? Electric universes? Holographic Universes? Sequential activation of 12 dna strands? Light and sound activation? Clairaudience, clairsentience, clairvoyance, precognition, psychokinesis, telekinesis, telepathy, psychics?

What is the difference between warlocks, wizards, magicians, sorcerers, shamans, druids, witches and seers etc any?

How important is the role of astrology in witchcraft? Where do rituals come from? Why are they necessary? Are stones and crystals important in witchcraft? What about cauldrons, is it true they make tasty soups with herbs and spices? And wands, I have to ask, do you have a wand? And do you like or dislike Bewitched the series?

What are your views about reincarnation and past lives? Have you ever had any past life regression done to determine why you are interested in this field you have been drawn to your whole life? If not have you entertained the idea? Have you astral traveled, describe this idea? Also what is the intention behind book of shadows and grimoires?

I ask too much out of curiosity. you asked. ;)

I naturally have an interest in this on some level it seems. And seem to test as Pagan, Neo-Pagan and Universal Universalism, I am undecided where I stand personally and its a curious thread. Thanks in advance.