• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask a Pagan.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
How many pagans do you need to change a light bulb?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
None. We like the darkness.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Pagan asking other pagans: What pagan oriented blogs do you surf?

I went on a google search for some interior inspiration on a hedgewitch kitchen.. and found a lot of :( with some :huh: and no :wubbie:... :cry:

Any posts, pictures, inspiration from sites, etc. that you really enjoyed?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I went on a google search for some interior inspiration on a hedgewitch kitchen.. and found a lot of :( with some :huh: and no :wubbie:... :cry:

Honestly? None. I find it hard to find blogs that I enjoy on this particular topic as most are introductions to the craft (which I enjoyed 10 years ago but not so much now), and well..have a seriously unbalanced vibe to them (the whole floating on cloud nr 9 problem some pagans seem to suffer from).

It has gotten to the point where I've actually contemplated starting one of my own :dry:

W

WALMART

And on my death bed, I will pray to the gods and angels

Like a pagan, to win the one who will take me to heaven

Uh, so what are y'all all about?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And on my death bed, I will pray to the gods and angels

Like a pagan, to win the one who will take me to heaven

Uh, so what are y'all all about?

*sends jon back to page one*

Go read, you lazy bum :dry:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:rofl1: Going back to page 1 WILL be of great use to you though.. I think more people don't read only because page 1 is the hardest to get through. Once a chapter is knocked out and the feet have a foundation, a book is much more enjoyable.

Amar, you really SHOULD start your own! :heart: I would be your first fan for sure. :wubbie: I think by the time Wiccans and Pagans get through the first couple years of the craft, and start to have the basics memorized they realize how broad and wide this topic is--how impossible it is to say "yes" to one thing while not saying "no" to another. It is difficult to find much beyond the basics because the truth lies within ritual and one's self, so often it really isn't spoken of.. Plus, that's not really the sexy part of the religion. All of the beginner, Hogwarts-associated stuff is. Bottles, spell writing, books created, rituals established.. buying the items you want, lighting candles, these are the things people like to see and read about.

It's harder to find information on the introspection, self-reflection, and the spirituality behind all of those sexy things.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I used to read Witchvox from time to time, but now just surf the web for the specific topic I am interested in: herbs, runes, tarot, ritual design, etc. I got to a point where I felt I had almost too much information, and had to distill from that what was most meaningful and useful to me at this point in my life.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah there is an abundance of info out there, but its all..well..level 1, I feel, for the reasons you mentioned, K.

Otoh, I hardly feel qualified to run such a site as I am well..a self-educated pagan, and don't exactly feel like I've mastered even some of the basics, in a way that you would in a coven. Aside from that, stuff is so highly individualistic and personal that you kind of wonder how useful it will be to others (can you tell I've thought about this *a lot*?), not to mention having to fight the batshit-crazy crowd that starts yelling at you coz 'you are not doing it right!!!!' in the comments. Religious topics are notorious for that.

I used to have one specific site I went to for Wiccan shit, that was like 75 pages of information (halfway through, the owners switched to traditional witchcraft and added info on that there as well). It wasn't a blog but it was the best source I found online <3

There is also a site somewhere which explains what a pagan lifestyle looks like through a storybook type thing which I absolutely adored.

But I've not scoured the web in ages for all this stuff so I have no clue if its still around. I stopped after 5 years, realizing that I'd really read it all :laugh:

I also had several germanic heathenry websites I kept track of back in the day as that is a big part of my heritage.

After all these years though..as lonely as it is, I've come to realize that my answers are within myself, and not out there :shrug:

...but I can see myself enjoying a virtual Witches' Brewery place..given the right clientele, just to swap stories ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like the idea of being a paegan but I don't like the idea of religion.

:hi: Jixie, then be like me. Technically, I am agnostic in my beliefs, as I do not worship any gods :)

W

WALMART

When you look at a tree, what do you feel?

Do you stare into animal's eyes, from time to time?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When you look at a tree, what do you feel?

Do you stare into animal's eyes, from time to time?

1. If we are talking about *looking* then I see its aura. If I touch it, I feel a spark, a life force, as such
2. I try to avoid that, as most animals consider that to be a threat by a predator. I will with my handraised kitten though..adn even she will blink at me to reassure me that she means me no harm (direct staring..). I'll blink back to indicate the same.