• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what disturbs you?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The last scene at the end of end of Bridesmaids where she eats the sandwich on the guy's stomach.

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
The sound that's made by biting down on two thin layers of cotton and moving your teeth.

I accidentally did it once, and it made me feel more uncomfortable than I've ever felt before, psychologically and physically.

Mole

Permabanned
Trance Abuse

Trance abuse disturbs me.

Institutional slavey no longer disturbs me, because we abolished it in 1833.
Patriarchy no longer disturbs me because feminism opposes it.
Child sexual abuse no longer disturbs me because the abusers are now brought before our criminal courts.

But trance abuse proceeds unchecked.

Trance abuse proceeds in our churches, mosques and temples, on our televisions, in the New Age, in astrology, pseudo science, tarot and MBTI.

And although it is hard to believe today, in the future it will be an offence to put a person or persons into a trance without first getting their permission.

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV

Child sexual abuse no longer disturbs me because the abusers are now brought before our criminal courts.

- 'justified' acts of tourture
- A liberalized social sphere
- Greater social mediation of how every child is raised

We've reached utopia.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

But trance abuse proceeds unchecked.

Trance abuse proceeds in our churches, mosques and temples, on our televisions, in the New Age, in astrology, pseudo science, tarot and MBTI.

And although it is hard to believe today, in the future it will be an offence to put a person or persons into a trance without first getting their permission.

Really? I think that most people's minds are more entranced and enveloped with physical "perfection" and wealth. That's much more disturbing to me.

Also, people's minds need to believe in things/ and they latch on to beliefs. It's people so prone to believe in things that they abuse it- not the subjects themselves. If there were no churches, tarot, or MBTI- people would probably take something else to the Nth degree of ridiculousness.

T

ThatGirl

Things that circle or fly around you quickly. Like bats, bees, or other small insects.

Mole

Permabanned
Really? I think that most people's minds are more entranced and enveloped with physical "perfection" and wealth. That's much more disturbing to me.

Also, people's minds need to believe in things/ and they latch on to beliefs. It's people so prone to believe in things that they abuse it- not the subjects themselves. If there were no churches, tarot, or MBTI- people would probably take something else to the Nth degree of ridiculousness.

I think the way ahead is to create our own trances for our own purposes.

At the moment we are dependent on religion, sport, drugs and the media to create our trances for us. And of course they create trances in their interests, not ours.

So we need to learn how to create our own trances for our own purposes.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just saw Hoarders for the first time, that disturbs me. Not the hoarders that actually horde stuff they think is important, but the ones who just had a pile of stuff they didn't want to deal with and it kept getting bigger and bigger until it took everything over.

A

Anew Leaf

The section of my biking trail that smells like a barnyard... but there is no barnyard... how is that even possible?!

Critical Hit

MBTI Type
ENTP
The fact that the president can have me arrested and locked up in a dark room in Cuba without a trial and then tortured in cruel and unusual ways because Im a "terrorist"...

Yet people think the founding fathers would be more upset by his healthcare bill. No priorities in the political sphere today.

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
just watched sons of perdition... holy fuck i am disturbed. i feel so bad for those teens/kids =[ and Warren Jeffs is one disturbing mofo too....

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Roaches. They are the most disgusting creatures on earth. It's funny to see an istp scream at the top of their lungs over a tiny little roach :horor: