• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you change anything?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
If we found a way to prove that our consciousness was not limited to our brain.. if scientists could somehow prove that we do have something like a "soul" (please don't turn this into a definition debate) and that it continued on after physical death...

Would you change your life or actions at all?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I guess there would be a lot less of to-do-before-death lists.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess there would be a lot less of to-do-before-death lists.

Or possibly MORE. You'd no longer have any fear of "the end" ... you'd know that your existance was timeless, but that your human experience was limited.. it might push some to do even MORE with the human experience.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, it might turn out that way too. I guess that in any case the society would collapse. What's the point of keeping it running if there is nothing to fear?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no, not really.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or possibly MORE. You'd no longer have any fear of "the end" ... you'd know that your existance was timeless, but that your human experience was limited.. it might push some to do even MORE with the human experience.

Nope, I would do the same as I'm doing now. Simply couldn't be bothered if I knew that my consciousness would be around forever. I would just continue doing whatever I wanted in the moment-which is what I'm doing now. (If we knew that what we did on Earth would have implications for the after life, I would try to remain within the bounds of the "right" things, though.) However, if there was proof that there is no soul, I would probably "live" a little more, but have less purpose and be generally unhappy/ apathetic.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, it might turn out that way too. I guess that in any case the society would collapse. What's the point of keeping it running if there is nothing to fear?

Do you mean to say that people would rather off themselves than continue the human experience? I think the benefits of keeping society would be the same as now, to enhance the qaulity of living (how ever one defines that) for the human experience.

If we looked at life as an opportunity, say to grow, evolve, enlighten, experience.. instead of seeing the human experience as one of suffering, I just don't see why society would fall. I admit, I might be a little short-sighted on the impact of the masses =P

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, although I would be intensely curious if we could track a souls whereabouts and it's conditions after a person dies. Would be most illuminating :yes:

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
Does this "soul" of mine have any special abilities? I don't know if something of us is left behind when we die, but it doesn't really matter to me. Human existence, these 60+ (hopefully) years I have left is the only thing of importance.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Do you mean to say that people would rather off themselves than continue the human experience? I think the benefits of keeping society would be the same as now, to enhance the qaulity of living (how ever one defines that) for the human experience.

If we looked at life as an opportunity, say to grow, evolve, enlighten, experience.. instead of seeing the human experience as one of suffering, I just don't see why society would fall. I admit, I might be a little short-sighted on the impact of the masses =P

I was thinking that the aim of the society is survival. This is why we submit to the rules. If there was no fear of death anymore, people would just do what they please instead of working. I'm quite sure that most people working dull factory night shift don't do it to evolve and enlighten. :devil:

Maybe I underestimate people's will to just do something?