• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Christianity Q & A

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Bible is about one thing and one thing only: Jesus Christ. ... ultimately, everything in the Bible is about Jesus.

It's quite amazing how you think you can answer questions about Christianity if you get even the basics wrong.

A

A window to the soul

It's quite amazing how you think you can answer questions about Christianity if you get even the basics wrong.

Perhaps you misunderstood his perspective. Jesus is the 'big picture' analysis of the Bible, when reading it from beginning to end. Jesus is not only the main man, he's the main message (salvation for mankind). It's also true to say that the even bigger picture analysis of the Bible is the revelation of God's plan for time and space. As far as I understand, both ideas are true and accurate interpretations of the Bible's purpose.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps you misunderstood his perspective. Jesus is the 'big picture' analysis of the Bible, when reading it from beginning to end. Jesus is not only the main man, he's the main message (salvation for mankind). It's also true to say that the even bigger picture analysis of the Bible is the revelation of God's plan for time and space. As far as I understand, both ideas are true and accurate interpretations of the Bible's purpose.

The post I referred to reveals a highly idiosyncratic, although probably fairly common, conception of the Bible, and it was stated as a fact, not an opinion, although it clearly is but one perspective among many, one which has been debated for century, if not millenia - and one which I do not share. Most of all, that way in which it was stated is what got me going.

I think that reducing the Bible to Jesus is, to put it mildly, a gross oversimplification of the Bible and of Christianity. I think for a 'big picture', we need all three - Father, Son, Holy Spirit (which actually raises a question: What exactly is the Holy Spirit? Of all three, this one is the hardes for me to understand).

I think this picture illustrates it quite nicely:

trinity.png

Without Christ, there would be no Christinanity - but there is a whole lot more to Christianity than Jesus alone.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes, christianity has the trinity, which are the three things mentioned above. And the bilbe isnt about that only, there are a lot of others stories, like John the Baptist, the exodus with Mose or the Apocalypse.

The Holy Ghost I understand better when translated to german. Ghost refers there not only to ghosts you could be afraid of at midnight, but it means thought. So loosely translated it says 'The Holy Thought' and it refers to people believing in God. So I understand this that the trinity is God, his son and your belief in the two.