• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A question of Immortality?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Okay bear with me on this one folks.

Say hypothetically we are in this physicality beings to our 3D dimensional essence living out our holographic universe happenstances and lives as pleased be! Then comes along spirit and adds a multidimensional aspect to the self that correlates with consciousness as eternal. Say hypothetically if the manifestation of consciousness is eternal and is multidimensional reporting to our higher consciousness that brings into awareness this time line of existence that is convergent upon how much or what we are intending to learn of ourselves. Releasing and responding to the forgiveness and gratitude of the self present, past and future expressions. On the proviso we are many lived lives living in a physical vessel as spirits engaged in the physical world as manifested beings.

Then...

Are we spiritual immortals taking a vacation from our immortality and experiencing the physical extension of our narrow realities removed from our broader realities of our higher consciousness? Or is this as good as it gets?

heh, that was a mouth full.

And what is the purpose of our physicality, having fun and in_joyment of the self and others as much ex_joyment?

Ps I may be tripping, its some kind of good crack.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, wow! I was just thinking of raising a version of this question. This sitting perhaps.

What I was thinking now, was since it seems all of our cognition comes through the brain, then it also seemed that when we die* everything would just go black, and yet we wouldn't be able to perceive the blackness. It's impossible to imagine what that's like.
*(apart from any typical theories of an afterlife, since a lot of it is based on interpretations that can be misunderstood)

Yet upon thinking of an ego or psyche in terms of a "portion" of knowledge, and extending the notion of the psyche and its consciousness, "the unconscious area takes form when the ego's bright light of awareness is focused on one part of reality, plunging the rest into darkness", then likewise, having a physical brain focuses all of our awareness on a particular location in time and space, and shuts everything outside of that out. (that would be why there didn't seem to be any direct perceivable evidence of God).

So it would seem them that the function of our brains, rather than providing all of our sentience, simply focuses it in a local area of the spacetime of the physical world. When we die, then we will see all reality; no longer confined to limited brains and bodies.

Does anyone else think it might be like this?

Sanctus Iacobus

MBTI Type
STP
Are we spiritual immortals taking a vacation from our immortality and experiencing the physical extension of our narrow realities removed from our broader realities of our higher consciousness? Or is this as good as it gets?

You are correct in thinking that there is a difference between the infinite (or as you call it "immortal") and finite. We often tend to think in finite terms, only understanding infinite conceptually but never truly experiencing it.

A model that works can be found in the Bible. The infinite, or what we should understand as God, the one who begets (creates) finite reality, and of course everything else which is finite. The exception to this is humanity, because we are made in the "image" ("to be like") of God and bear an infinite component (our souls) but have no infinite essence ourselves apart from Him.

It's a little tough to wrap the mind around, but presently we are in a finite period of time wrapped within eternity. Another way to say this is to say we are experiencing measurable time which ultimately is encapsulated by a state of existence which is immeasurable because it has no beginning or end, it simply is so and the concept of time is inconsequential.

As far as the physical being separate from the infinite, this is not the case! To say that is to assume that the intangible is infinite and the tangible life we experience is temporary, and that is simply not true. The ultimate end to all things will still include this physical nature. What you call the immortal is actually called the heavenly realm. We presently walk on the earthly realm with our infinite souls residing in the heavenly realm, and yet within us. I must impress this point on you: heavenly realm means "of heaven" i.e. spiritual or as you say "immortal", it does not mean all souls will end up in heaven. So the ultimate end of all things will actually be "heaven on earth", or the heavenly realm brought forth to earth through fire. This fire (what many incorrectly call the apocalypse or "end" of the world) will destroy the present nature of earth so that a new physical dwelling will come. It will be "heaven on earth" because unlike our present physical dwelling, there will not be a passage of time, it will be infinite (lacking the finitude of time) and yet still exist on this physical plane.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Oh, wow! I was just thinking of raising a version of this question. This sitting perhaps.

What I was thinking now, was since it seems all of our cognition comes through the brain, then it also seemed that when we die* everything would just go black, and yet we wouldn't be able to perceive the blackness. It's impossible to imagine what that's like.
*(apart from any typical theories of an afterlife, since a lot of it is based on interpretations that can be misunderstood)

Yet upon thinking of an ego or psyche in terms of a "portion" of knowledge, and extending the notion of the psyche and its consciousness, "the unconscious area takes form when the ego's bright light of awareness is focused on one part of reality, plunging the rest into darkness", then likewise, having a physical brain focuses all of our awareness on a particular location in time and space, and shuts everything outside of that out. (that would be why there didn't seem to be any direct perceivable evidence of God).

So it would seem them that the function of our brains, rather than providing all of our sentience, simply focuses it in a local area of the spacetime of the physical world. When we die, then we will see all reality; no longer confined to limited brains and bodies.

Does anyone else think it might be like this?

See, I also found that question of death to be odd as well. The absence of brain function would, as you say, lead to blackness. Would we even be able to comprehend that blackness without any brain function? Of course not you'd say. Many people seem to share that common idea that energy can't be destroyed, so in the end we turn into energy. But as energy, would we have a conscious or would we just be nothing different than a bolt of lightning.

I had this idea that the brain ceases function, but still works. In a way, stuck dreaming. That would be an either sublime or horrific thing. Other than that, I would be quite happy being lifted of the human burden of disease and death and just given that freedom that so many philosophers seem to have hinted at in the past. That being your consciousness rises to some other place. I still think the unconscious mind is the real amazing piece of work at hand.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube="EZoOEozN8iA"]DMT[/youtube]

[youtube="wlBOJEik1aI"]Bob Monroe[/youtube]

[youtube="1uEf0NkExc8"]Hemi-Sync[/youtube]

DMT or OBE?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See, I also found that question of death to be odd as well. The absence of brain function would, as you say, lead to blackness. Would we even be able to comprehend that blackness without any brain function? Of course not you'd say. Many people seem to share that common idea that energy can't be destroyed, so in the end we turn into energy. But as energy, would we have a conscious or would we just be nothing different than a bolt of lightning.

I had this idea that the brain ceases function, but still works. In a way, stuck dreaming. That would be an either sublime or horrific thing. Other than that, I would be quite happy being lifted of the human burden of disease and death and just given that freedom that so many philosophers seem to have hinted at in the past. That being your consciousness rises to some other place. I still think the unconscious mind is the real amazing piece of work at hand.

I also had thought of the idea that consciousness would become frozen in time, stuck in whatever the brain's last activity or images were. But for that matter, consciousness might as well just continue someplace else.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
I also had thought of the idea that consciousness would become frozen in time, stuck in whatever the brain's last activity or images were. But for that matter, consciousness might as well just continue someplace else.

I dearly hope its not frozen forever. For our sake, I hope it continues on :p

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Of course its not frozen. You are welcome to view Thomas Cambell's series about consciousness and how the idea is to lower the entropy level towards a stronger integration of presence with logical left brain hemisphere style of thinking without mention of religious overtones. The book would be a fascinating read.

The main focus appears to be of a logical necessity in this time frame to understand that which is a natural extension of the self. Without localising the I-consciousness towards equilibration and in essence understanding the emotional body as much as the rational body, utilization of the left and right brain hemispheres of the brain triggers an extension of dimensional reality towards an understanding of mutlidimentional reality, as we encompass both quit readily.

In other words you are viewing the whole idea about brain consciousness and energy consciousness aka the electric universe paradigm as lightening plasma another addition to the whole experience, from a dimensional platform without the comprehension that the brain activity that houses functionality is much more expansive in spirit. I'm of the view this physicality is the vessel that houses like a cars engine, the brain as the cylinders that spark plug consciousness into awareness on a dimensional plane.

It has become strange to consider that we blank out after death nowadays, more appropriately we are blanking out in physicality to our beingness of awareness to experience conditional reality brought forth with the burdens of our spirit consciousness choosing and learning. Once removed do we begin to awaken fully to being, rather we are able to awaken to being by reintegrating the whole.

And as spiritual beings who experience source material as source-rers of intentional realities from the synchronicities which are enabled or disabled into manifestion then the truer representation of being comes from consciousness.

What we assume to be energy is light, and this light houses, why pigeon hole this, we are seeing events in this physicality alone. Without experience physicality as a whole representation of the holographic universe paradigm. In which the idea of high consciousness is naturally the interconnected oneness that is from a multitude all dimensionality that manifests beyond the 3D dimension and hence mass, physicality removes the kind of incomprehension we seem to have in the form of the etheric state of being. Much akin to stepping into a tardis, dimensional reality changes into multidimensional reality.

Much like finally technological science creating nanotechnology storage devices that can encompass 100 terrabytes, imagine energy being exponentially expanded, memory, indeed the circuitry would become without limit, eternally expanding without the labels we seem to pigeon hole to make sense of our sensing physicality which is an illusion of mortality. For mortality is our reality.

That is, too many ideas all at once, pleasure.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You are correct in thinking that there is a difference between the infinite (or as you call it "immortal") and finite. We often tend to think in finite terms, only understanding infinite conceptually but never truly experiencing it.

You misunderstand. Remove thinking with knowing. There is no infinite or finite, nor is there heaven or hell which are dualities, there is eternity to find out and unconditional love. Entirely Heaven is a human term created to cut off our experience of the divine as separation. The teaching of Jesus is misunderstood, appears that we are worshiping partial components of ourselves instead of becoming the source extension. And then much of the manifestations of creations are expressions of our divinity extending outwardly. We are emulating everything within without and this stands as the narrow windows manipulated and controlled towards by caste systems to limit comprehension of multidimensional reality and only understand dimensional reality.

Its like a building with layers, our aura are those intimate layers. When 10 of 12 layers are blocked in our DNA sequencing then much of what we know is blocked accordingly as it is, frequency resonance vibrates in a separation consciousness, been listening to one frequency without, a dimensional frequency without a multitude frequency then. And what is DNA, biophotons of light, the light in our cells.

You use him like God is exclusively male rather than universal, polarizing thinking.

The tangible life is transitional, it is our reality.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Campell's a cool guy. Saying you can't understand consciousness intellectually, but must experience it. Crazy stuff :O

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here are a couple of links someone posted elsewhere I thought were interesting:

http://www.kiloby.com/writings.php?offset=40&writingid=171
http://www.kiloby.com/writings.php?offset=10&writingid=297

Thinking about all this some more, there must be more to us than just our brains. Like I think about color. the brain picks up different wavelengths and tells us there's somethign different about each ray of light reachign us, but why do they look the way they do? Why do the 400's nm look "bluish", the 500's, "greenish", and the 600's, "reddish"? The same with different smells. Why not some other arrangement? There must be something else "receiving" all this information, other than just a brain, which is only processing it.

So the way I'm looking at it now:
Man is body, soul and spirit. Body is the physical organ representing our location in and receiving stimulus from space and time. Soul is the general living creature part of us (what we share with the animals) including instinctual reactions, and the working emotions of anger, peace, fear, courage, hope and despair. the spirit is the part of us uniquely human, including our cognitive processes (as we discuss here), and the emotions of joy, sadness, love, hate, desire (value) and aversion (de-valuing).

Each being is a portion of awareness, that begins filling up with experience, including all the stimulus from the brain, including how it shapes our typological perspective or temperament, along with other conditions limiting or otherwise shaping who we are, and all our thoughts and processing of data.

Death would simply be the removal of this portion of knowledge from dependence on the body and brain.

Lark

Death would simply be the removal of this portion of knowledge from dependence on the body and brain.

Interesting conceptualisation. I would concur. Although how prepared does life make you for that? Even if you do study the world religions and spirituality.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once you're there, you wouldn't need any preparation (that is, for the state of existence. Not talking about anything like "eternal fates") Preparation would be another necessity of the limitation of the body and brain.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This was curious. The other day my father tells me to read an article in a magazine about a computer channelling another consciousness in dimensional reality. Apparently we are being studied by others for university projects. hahaha.

Its called The CHANI Project

So, to put the above into perspective, our researchers used the word "student" to explain the Entity’s actions. It was as if the Entity were part of a master's degree study group, similar to what we have in our world as Phd (doctorate) candidates. The Elders were able to see us and our whole solar system crossing into their reality. They therefore began a research program of their own to study us and our history so that the Elders could prepare their civilisation for our arrival/merge. The Entity was thus doing reconnaissance on us.

This is one of the first statements made by the Entity, and it was repeated at various times:
"u ask me many question me first answer u by xplain
to unerstan u and u in the univers u must unerstan these things
first u must unerstan the ilusion of infinti
then u must unerstan the infinty of ilusion
this mean noting but xplain everythings
so first u lern the u
then u lern the univers
then this xplain al and mean something"

The Entity explains free will:
"me ask elders about explain frewil beter
elders say me explain like this
god give u eg
eg is there eg already created eg exist
u use frewil decide what do about eg
u can make choice boil eg eat eg
u can make choice bake eg eat eg
u can make choice u leve eg but eg get roten but eg stil there
u can make choice u not eat other animal so u throw eg away eg get roten somewere else but eg stil exist u wil smel eg eventualy
eventualy u must decide and deal with eg
time colide is like eg
god make time colide
time colide is there time colide already created time colide exist
eventualy u must decide what u want do with time colide and deal with it
u can not change what god created but with frewil u must decide what u do with time colide ok
me say eat eg because eg good for u b4 get roten then eg very bad 4 u"

The researchers asked the Entity to explain the concept of trinity:
"first me try xplain mind body spirit
me xplain true trinity
trinity is mind body and spirit
trinity is farther child and mother
yor sumerian symbol of sumeria queen is dove
yor religion leaders long ago decide not use female 4 church leaders and leading
so they remove female esence from child and remove mother esence from spirit
they then say trinity is father son and spirit al male esence
this was to distract deceive to change church and religion 4 male control only and dominating
that where al yor religion go wrong in history
farther is the mind
son daughter or child is the body
mother is the spirit ok
the mother spirit esence is the balance is the harmony is the glue
the mother is between the farther and son or child
the spirit is between mind and body
religion without mother spirit esence is not spiritual but false teachings 4 control
trinity is the family of life
trinity is sum experince of mind body and spirit ok
now me try xplain how get ready mind body spirit
make ready yor mind understaning whatever hapens
make ready yor spirit aceptance whatever hapens
make ready body not 2 fear 4 death body not real u only vehicle u
me unerstan many u more scare pain of death than death itself this only body scared not real u
if death was painles then many more would partake ok yes no
dimising is not ending but new begining progres
death is progres is grow"

What I want to know why talk down in sms talk lol.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP

More like spiritual immortals living a mortal life to learn lessons in life at a quicker pace than the safety of infinity. Basically a choice to spiritually evolve through experience rather than the slower process of knowledge.