• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prayer in school

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Not to defend his assasination, but are you aware that the apparently much missed Theo van Gogh called Muslims goatfuckers and was well known not only for enciting hatred against Islam but also for his antisemitism?

I think this will strengthen his argument against the evil that religion does and how people who speak out against it are killed by the infidels.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, truth be told, I think when he said "Muslims are goatfuckers" he meant "Arabs are goatfuckers".

Quite often, what dresses up as the last defense of the besieged West is good old fashioned racism.

Naturally that comment doesn't justify killing him, but it shows his state of mind and that of many singing his praise.

Mole

Permabanned
Sophie Scholl and Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Not to defend his assasination, but are you aware that the apparently much missed Theo van Gogh called Muslims goatfuckers and was well known not only for enciting hatred against Islam but also for his antisemitism?

What next? Will you be accusing the collegue of Theodoor van Gogh, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, of enciting hatred against Islam and Jews?

Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Dutch member of Parliament, was forced to flee Holland in fear of her life.

The Fascists are on the streets once again, only this time they are Islamo-Fascists.

Sophie Scholl stood up to them in 1943 and Ayaan Hirsi Ali stands up to them today.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
What next? Will you be accusing the collegue of Theodoor van Gogh, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, of enciting hatred against Islam and Jews?

Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Dutch member of Parliament, was forced to flee Holland in fear of her life.

The Fascists are on the streets once again, only this time they are Islamo-Fascists.

Sophie Scholl stood up to them in 1943 and Ayaan Hirsi Ali stands up to them today.

Fascism is a whole new boulevard Victor :p

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you saying she doesn't encite hatred?

Also, she didn't "have to flee Holland in fear of her life". She lied on her asylum application and so her Dutch citizenship was withdrawn. That is a common practice in Holland, ironically to protect it from the tidal wave of migration of goatfuckers she and Theo and you complained about.

Mole

Permabanned
Are you saying she doesn't encite hatred?

Also, she didn't "have to flee Holland in fear of her life". She lied on her asylum application and so her Dutch citizenship was withdrawn. That is a common practice in Holland, ironically to protect it from the tidal wave of migration of goatfuckers she and Theo and you complained about.

You seem to be expressing a fin de siècle sentiment - the end of Europe and the end of the Western civilization - thank heavens we still have America and Australia, Sophie and Ayaan.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not at all. On the contrary.

I think I am the one who has faith in the West and what it stands for while Theo and Ayaan and many like them warn of its imminent death.

And America is a funny example, considering the power radical Christianity holds in that culture.

Another difference between us might be that while I identify with the West and its ideals, I have no true sense of belonging to a group that might be under siege and can not at all understand the feeling you described that your mother was under attack. I have no mother, no home and no country in that respect. I am a human being among human beings, prefer to associate with like minded people and don't feel threatened by those who look or act or think differently as long as they don't invade other's right to do the same. i do not see them repressing the West. i do see some repressing their own people, buit that is a whole other chapter and not neccessarily a case for the colonial police.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see any harm in religious ed or ethics class. In addition, I believe if you attend private school and know what the expectations are ahead of time, it should not be a shock. However, no one should be *forced* to pray (as in get detention if they don't).

In essence, it gets to the heart of the question: What is prayer, and what is it for? In my opinion, prayer can be one of two things:

1. Some kind of community get-together, where you find comradeship among other people who share your belief. You share experience, you share ideas, and you share your communal whatever you want to call it.

2. You go deep within and meditate, calm your mind, and evaluate where you are going. You take a break from fast-paced life and really see if where you are going jives with your inner self.

Both are valuable and purposeful for different people, but neither should be forced because they simply cannot be. Either you want to engage in that kind of behavior because it is meaningful to you, or you do not.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hatred is not new to humankind, and will probably always be with us in some form and degree. This is not an excuse for religions that promote it. Every religion has in it fuel for hatred, as well as fuel for compassion and peace. This is because whatever divine inspiration may be contained within, they all bear the imprint of the human followers of those initial "divine souls".

Religions reflect the times in which they were founded, if they do not evolve over time. Islam is ~700 years newer than Christianity. At a similar age, Christianity was in the throes of the Inquisition, and whatever its current failings, it has certainly evolved since then. It remains to be seen what influence the "cooler heads" within Islam will have on its development.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1

What does this have to do with anything at all? It's not even factually correct; how was van Gogh antisemetic? He made some Holocaust jokes, yes, but that doesn't mean he hates Jews. He was a provocateur who made offensive jokes. Some of those jokes were about Jews.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Oh, truth be told, I think when he said "Muslims are goatfuckers" he meant "Arabs are goatfuckers".

Quite often, what dresses up as the last defense of the besieged West is good old fashioned racism.

Naturally that comment doesn't justify killing him, but it shows his state of mind and that of many singing his praise.

This isn't 2000; the "that's racist" argument doesn't work anymore. The values of Arabic culture are far inferior to those of the West. There are plenty of Arabs who move to the first world and embrace freedom of expression, rationality, science, and so on, but most don't and cling to their barbaric medieval superstitions. These people should immediately be deported from all western nation states.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Not at all. On the contrary.

I think I am the one who has faith in the West and what it stands for while Theo and Ayaan and many like them warn of its imminent death.

And America is a funny example, considering the power radical Christianity holds in that culture.

Another difference between us might be that while I identify with the West and its ideals, I have no true sense of belonging to a group that might be under siege and can not at all understand the feeling you described that your mother was under attack. I have no mother, no home and no country in that respect. I am a human being among human beings, prefer to associate with like minded people and don't feel threatened by those who look or act or think differently as long as they don't invade other's right to do the same. i do not see them repressing the West. i do see some repressing their own people, buit that is a whole other chapter and not neccessarily a case for the colonial police.

"Radical Christianity"? What bullshit. What has Christianity done in the past few hundred years that even remotely rivals the atrocities committed in the name of Islam?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I really love that convenient "within the last few hundred years" stipulation you felt the need to include in there. ;)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
im shocked that this sort of stuff still happens today(i thought they gave up that sort of stuff in the dark ages) and i think anyone trying to force someone to pray should not have any sort of authority. or shooting them would be a nice option also, eye for an eye when it comes to soul robbery :devil:

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
This isn't 2000; the "that's racist" argument doesn't work anymore. The values of Arabic culture are far inferior to those of the West. There are plenty of Arabs who move to the first world and embrace freedom of expression, rationality, science, and so on, but most don't and cling to their barbaric medieval superstitions. These people should immediately be deported from all western nation states.

And if you think that "that's racist" doesn't work, feel free to walk into New York. I think your Oregon location speaks volumes about your obliviousness to the worlds racism.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

While we're at it can we also deport all of the closed-minded, sexist, asshole gay-hating Christians?

We can send all these fools back to the Holy Land. They should thank us.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
While we're at it can we also deport all of the closed-minded, sexist, asshole gay-hating Christians?

We can send all these fools back to the Holy Land. They should thank us.

There is nowhere to deport them to. Forced sterilization is enough, I think.