• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prayer in school

rav3n

Why? Do you mind elaborating?
Beliefs vary throughout the populace. Imagine a prayer room where different denominations want to enact different practices of which some require worship out loud and others, in silence. Also, in order not to offend others if you believe in dropping your pants, it's best to have a separate room.

Critical Hit

MBTI Type
ENTP
Im going to make a real good impression on this forum by replying to a thread without reading it!

I dont think prayer should be banned(nor am I aware of anyone trying to do so) but mandatory and encouraged prayer should be a no-no. I dont even see what the big deal is, if you want your kids to be religious you can just have them pray before school or if theres no time Im sure there is no reason they couldnt pray prior to class or at recess or something.

So really, as long as there isnt a rule that says "DONT PRAY AT ANY TIME AT ALL OR ELSE" then this really is a non-issue. Its not the governments job to instill spirituality in your kids.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Beliefs vary throughout the populace. Imagine a prayer room where different denominations want to enact different practices of which some require worship out loud and others, in silence. Also, in order not to offend others if you believe in dropping your pants, it's best to have a separate room.

Alright, I'll answer seriously.

I agree with you fully. What you say makes perfect sense, but at the same time, the idea of a "spiritual Sanctuary" for those that seek it doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I like the idea of it being available for those who want to meditate/pray, however you're right, you start there, it leads to an infinite line of trouble likely lead by people seeking sanctuaries that meet other personal desires/beliefs. If we stir the pot, and dump everyone in there, it will also lead to too many issues.

G

Ginkgo

You could probably get away with streaking through the halls and field as long as you declare "FOR SCIENCE!".