• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

in beheadings is it ethical to sterilize the blade in between?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yes or no? why or why not?

I say no the person is gonna be dead before he/she can contract a disease.

this is not a thread on whether or not beheadings are fair or not.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I wouldn't say it's a question of ethics, but more one of taking responsibility for the safety of the headchopper/cleanup crew, etc. Anyone else who may need to handle the blade in between corrections of people's existence.

So, yes. Remove head. Drop blade in bleach bucket. Rinse/repeat.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's the point of sterilizing the blade if the person's going to be dead anyway?

The only point I see to it is if the blade were to also be used for some non-beheading purpose.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:shrug: I think it gives a demonstration of how 'humane' we are. We don't use dirty needles for death by injection, ya know.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
If a beheader were to suddenly go ape-shit and slash someone with the blood-covered blade, there would be issues regarding the sterility of the blade. Kind of skirts the issue, but whatevs.

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP

Sterilize no. Not clean the blade yes. The oxygenated blood build up would render the blade dull and make for a potentially cruel death.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, and none of the gore surrounding the chopping block should be cleaned up either. It would serve as a deterrent to future murders to maybe just stay in and watch a bit of TV instead.

redacted

If you're gonna kill people, might as well keep your equipment in top shape.

Be the best at what you do :)

I'm totally anti death penalty though.

F

FigerPuppet

Depends. It could be done for religious/spiritual reasons, in which case it would be considered ethical act.

Gloria in excelsis.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Uh, if you want to reduce the risk of STDs when you neck-fuck the corpse, then yes.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well if you are half way through the neck and the person is innocent and they decide to let them live then ya

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ugh that's a cruel thread ... nothing for the faint-Fe heart

F

figsfiggyfigs

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

No, I don't believe it is unethical. However, I do think that it is unethical not to allow a crowd to watch, and they should hand out rain jackets to the crowd sitting really close.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
Yes, it would be unethical to sterilize Wesley Snipes during the half-time show.