• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

En vino veritas...

Lark

I dont drink at all, its not altogether because I have a problem its because I see so many others who have problems and I believe in being the change I want to see in the world. I dont necessarily believe the "true person" comes out when drunk, I just believe that people behave as they would when effected by the unique intoxicifying properties of alcohol, inhibitions go, its also a depressent, whatever euphoria may fleetingly enter into it.

There is a lot of behaviour which people engage in when drunk which I seriously suspect is sort of a placebo thing, the potions give those involved the excuse they need to behave in particular ways, that may or may not be out of character for them.

I feel less worried about fighting when I'm intoxicated, either worried about getting hurt myself or hurting others (which does prevent me fighting usually) and I find that if you are in the company of lots of people who are drinking alcohol there's plenty of people who'll oblige, I dont know whether they have a lot of suppressed rage or not.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
OK you two...hand over your E and J cards...you've now been banished to INTPcentral. FOREVER.

:steam:

Hehe sry, I have been tortured with latin for 5 years in school, think that has left some scars :D

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dont drink at all, its not altogether because I have a problem its because I see so many others who have problems and I believe in being the change I want to see in the world. I dont necessarily believe the "true person" comes out when drunk, I just believe that people behave as they would when effected by the unique intoxicifying properties of alcohol, inhibitions go, its also a depressent, whatever euphoria may fleetingly enter into it.

There is a lot of behaviour which people engage in when drunk which I seriously suspect is sort of a placebo thing, the potions give those involved the excuse they need to behave in particular ways, that may or may not be out of character for them.

I feel less worried about fighting when I'm intoxicated, either worried about getting hurt myself or hurting others (which does prevent me fighting usually) and I find that if you are in the company of lots of people who are drinking alcohol there's plenty of people who'll oblige, I dont know whether they have a lot of suppressed rage or not.

That's what I think it is - suppressed rage that people have. I'm probably an ESTP, so I might be biased, but what's the first thing you do if you're alone and you trip over an empty box? You kick it! And/or yell obscenities at it. Of course, if someone else was there, you wouldn't.

People get pissed off many times a day, every day - albeit, mostly for split seconds, for trivial reasons. After being made angry so much, people rarely have the opportunity to release their anger fully. You have to suppress it to seem sane.

So when alcohol strips down social conditioning, or the placebo effect gives people an excuse to strip off their own social veneer, they go wild with little provocation.

Same with the slutty/manwhore drunks. Each day we see attractive people. But it's not like we can go rape them on the spot. But when drunk, the two parties look at each other, feel horny and off they go...being drunk is an excuse (and often planned) to get laid.

In summary, I think that alcohol reveals a person's natural impulses as they come, but they don't yield the entire person's true character. Plenty of thought processes (that form an essential part of personality) shut down under the influence.