• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Paradox Compilation

Zorpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
Life- Why are we here? What started it all? Who's this god guy? Eternity?! :unsure: Non-existance!?!! :shocking: Am I in a coma? :huh:

Yes, pretty much anything along those lines. For me this is mainly nostalgic. Heres a common one- What if you dont exist? What If I dont exist? What if its all a dream.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's not a paradox (and technically, I don't think any of yours are either) but:

Who were you before your parents were born?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Life- Why are we here? What started it all? Who's this god guy? Eternity?! :unsure: Non-existance!?!! :shocking: Am I in a coma? :huh:

Yes, pretty much anything along those lines. For me this is mainly nostalgic. Heres a common one- What if you dont exist? What If I dont exist? What if its all a dream.

Intellectually, I don't think we are here for a reason. Spiritually, I feel very connected to a meaningful process. God is someone humans came up with. Anything other than that (creator.. higher power..) is not something I am concerned with. Eternity is something I love to think about. You are not in a coma. I exist. You exist (or at least you did when you posted that). It is not all a dream.

Anymore questions?

Zorpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
Intellectually, I don't think we are here for a reason. Spiritually, I feel very connected to a meaningful process. God is someone humans came up with. Anything other than that (creator.. higher power..) is not something I am concerned with. Eternity is something I love to think about. You are not in a coma. I exist. You exist (or at least you did when you posted that). It is not all a dream.

Anymore questions?

lol, those were examples.

Edit title- Paradoxes, and LIFE!

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Is the set of sets that are not members of their own set a member of its own set?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
My favorite: does the universe end?

The universe would require a beginning point for an end point to have context.

The Big Bang never "began" - it remains.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ

Existential questions we all go through at some point. Read Descarte.

Zorpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
Apparently the emoticons didn't have the effect I intended.
Oh well, let this n00b's thead sink to the bottom.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
If knowledge isn't possible, then why should you get out of bed?

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I get out of bed in order to make my husband breakfast before he goes to work. He doesn't suddenly begin to exist when I see him turning off the alarm clock in the morning as I wake up, he pre-exists before I see him, lol.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP

Hi Zorpheus,
Are you seriously seeking answers or is this thread just for debate purposes??

Im asking because I was wondering if you have looked at religion? Whats your view on it? And if you researched more than one religion, what are you views on them? If you dont mind me asking.
:)

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
to function is to allow one's self to be persuaded of the illusion of existence, if even only temporarily

to ask "do i exist?" is to already know your own answer to that question

why even ask? ;)

must everything come from something? must everything have a beginning?

what if words speak themselves into existence, allowing them to question the existence of their source? what if the universe is a larger example of this?

what if (and this seems most likely) there is a higher logic than our own?

ego is the greatest enemy of humanity

suzyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Life, and why are we here?

There is no answer for that. We are merely living beings on a planet that allows life. There is no real purpose for this, as much as people want a purpose for it. It was coincidental that life occurred in the first place.

What and who is God?

There are multiple answers for this. Atheists may say God is a made up entity that provides answers and comfort to people. Religious people may say that God has created us/created the universe, and when you die, God decides whether you go to Heaven or Hell, or what creature you will be reborn as. God is a supernatural entity that is all-seeing and all-observing.

Eternity?

Depends on what you're talking about. The world is not going to be here for all eternity. You cannot become immortal. Like I said, it depends on what you are talking about.

Non-existence?

I need a proper question for this one. Reality should not be perceived as exactly what it is. Don't take everything for granted, you never know if it is going to turn out differently than what it is. It is alright to be uncertain.

That's my insight.