• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How old do you think the world is and are we the first evolved civilisation?

A

Anew Leaf

It's true chrisianity is an abrahamic religion. It is based on god's command to Abraham to murder his son to test Abraham's obedience.

And it is true christianity is monotheistic but a peculiar form of monotheism where there are three persons in one god.

It's a bit like having our cake and eating it too - it's the kind of montheism we have when we are not having any monotheism.

But only the vulgar would say that just as hinduism has an elephant headed god, christianity has a three headed god.

I heard an interesting argument for why this actually makes sense. The idea behind is that if God is love, and love is something that can only occur between two or more entities, then it falls that God must be a multiple versus a single.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ummm, theres some interesting data on Mars... it has deposits of dried sea salt on it's crust. It also has huge canyons and what is supposed to be river/sea beds carved into it's surface. However it is a dead planet... but it's possible (why not eh) that it was once like Earth... oooh... the possibilities.

A

Anew Leaf

i think it is about 40 minutes old. Get it?

128659991978511203.jpg

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[youtube="WhWReKpM1tg"]Habitable Zone[/youtube]

Who knows.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was just about to bring up ants when I saw the title, but someone else already has.

Here's a thought.

The world is 27 years old, it was created into existance at the beginning of mine, and will dissappear once my existance comes to an end. I am the center of the universe and you are all here to entertain me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well Truman, hope that spotlight falling down from the sky does land only next to you and not on you :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, underpaid stand-in actor with german accent, I hope you at least find meaning in being a part of my existance. :D :D

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*laugh* Actually this all isn't far off from my philosophy. Yes, it's factually false that the universe revolves around me, but from my point of view it may as well be true. It's actually less selfish than it sounds.