• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

OUIJA!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Who's done it? Who has weird/scary/cool stories to share? I'm reading a book right now that I mentioned in the "Whacha reading thread," about a UK journalist who decided to do some investigating in the paranormal. I'm over half way done with the book. It comes up several times that the Ouija board is considered a dangerous tool by just about any paranormal "expert" and I've heard/read that from many sources before this book.

When I was probably 16 me and my close friend bought one. We got it out once and started to mess with it but it didn't do anything and we got bored and put it away. I wanted to take it back out on another visit to his house but he was against the idea. He's real laid back and I'm curious as to why he didn't want to do it that time. After the first try he mentioned that he'd probably try to do it on his own sometime. I wonder if he did... I also wonder what the results were. My friend is a good guy and personality wise I don't think I ever got along with anyone better than him but he has a somewhat dark and sad past. Family problems, depression, suicide attempt. Around the time when we got the board he was kind of curious about the occult and stuff (which I think was just a phase that has since passed) but he told me of weird dreams he'd had as well as the door knob on his door shaking one night. I think this was stuff before the Ouija board though. I don't really believe in demons I don't think but there always seemed to be a sad oppressive feeling with my friend and his house. I don't know what it was, if anything at all.

That's not much of an Ouija board story but I want to hear some if you got em. Do you have skepticisms about it?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Bahh, I'm an idiot. This should have gone in "Philosophy & Spirituality."

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Moved.

I tried Ouija. Nothing cool ever happened. It's one of those things where something really freaky always happened to "someone's friend's friend."

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Wait, how did you gain moderator status?

But yeah, it does seem that way. It's always someone else.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did/Watched Ouija once. Didn't do it again. Watched a friend do it with someone else.

He's an ISFP. He's also incredibly honest and not prone to making things up... or at least not without laughing and spilling the beans right afterwards.

He seemed to channel some boy killed in a race riot in Africa. I was skeptical, but I was also sitting there with him watching him as he did it. he went white as a sheet and was sweating profusely.

It drained him. Afterwards he just fell over and lay there like one dead for a while.

Not sure if it was a real experience... or whether he just THOUGHT it was and was in a self-imposed trance state. But... freaky.

And he has refused to Ouija ever since. That was 20 years ago.

of course I am skeptical. But I still can't tell what IS going on.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay, okay... I'll admit it was unfair. Hubby is almost home so I'll be back to give the gory details.:D

Edit: Okay, he's delayed:

I was just in the room.. not even touching the blankety, blank. We were all skeptics and, basically, experimenting with the neighbor's board. I was the one assigned to write down everything pointed to and was doing so. At one point, I looked down to write and every letter on the page began to turn colors until it, eventually, looked like it was written in and dripping blood. I freaked and we quit... left in fact. None of us were "sensitives" and possibly why we couldn't feel anything residual. But someone I respected and professed to be later visited and, not knowing about the incident, said he could feel really bad "vibes" walking into the room we had used it in ... I'm thinking that was a couple of days later.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... None of us were "sensitives" and possibly why we couldn't feel anything residual. But someone I respected and professed to be later visited and, not knowing about the incident, said he could feel really bad "vibes" walking into the room we had used it in ... I'm thinking that was a couple of days later.

And that dead door-to-door salesman swinging from a tree in the backyard sort of a few days later dispelled any further doubt.

:D

I love creepy stories. Unfortunately, like Edahn says, it's usually "always a bridesmaid, never a bride."

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I've never done it nor would I-

I've known a few people who've used it and had disastrous effects.

One girl and her friends used it in her basement. The jack-o-box popped up, the light flickered a while. They ran upstairs to her room. The light busted. Noises, if I recall correctly, but no clear 'voices'. And there was some freakiness or "bad vibes" for a while, especially in the basement-

Another girl told me that she'd had some freaky experiences but I can't recall much because she'd said it quickly, in passing. But she seemed more excited than terrified. Eh.

My best friend's little brother did it. He became haunted, he claimed. While he's always been a joker, and I figured him playing around with his latest jest, it lasted a few months while he was 16 or so. He explained that he'd hear voices and that one would tell him some heinious stuff. Still skeptical but he pretty much only told me only (or at least not his fams) as he knew I had some insight into such things and I'm very open-minded. He pretty much asked for advice... Plus I was trustworthy enough not to tell his folks or siblings, even his sis, unless he gave me permission-- Haaa. He did try telling them though, but stopped after the "looks" and discounting of what he'd said because they felt he was crying Wolf. That's somewhat the only reason I somewhat believed him later on after the 2nd month. He's not a kid who freaks out easily, anyway. He likes freaking out OTHERS. Ha. But it stopped eventually and then returned but has stopped since, so Eh.

I've had freaky experiences w/o Ouija boards. No thank you for more. At least, not of that kind... :D

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I love creepy stories. Unfortunately, like Edahn says, it's usually "always a bridesmaid, never a bride."

In that case, I've been married more times than I can count, I'm afraid. Very afraid, but I'm very sure and afraid that I've made the groom/s happier than they've unmade me...

I've never even been divorced either! :rolli: Hmph!

Zorpheus

MBTI Type
INTP
100 Strangest Mysteries
Matt Lamy.

Facts-
Ouija Boards are known to teenagers across the world as the easiest way to create spooky, hair-raising experiences. Most people see them as a toy, something to play with. The fact that they were even mass-produced by games companies only adds to the 'harmless fun' factor. However, many expert mediums believe they should not be approached with such a nonchalant attitude. They say that countless people end up in dire straits simply from fooling around with Ouija boards; some experience mental breakdowns or relationships disintegrating, some end up possessed by spirits and some are even driven to suicide.
Nobody is precisely sure when the first Ouija board was made, but it seems that similar types of apparatus have been around.........Ehhh fuck this!:doh:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
100 Strangest Mysteries
Matt Lamy.

Facts-
Ouija Boards are known to teenagers across the world as the easiest way to create spooky, hair-raising experiences. Most people see them as a toy, something to play with. The fact that they were even mass-produced by games companies only adds to the 'harmless fun' factor. However, many expert mediums believe they should not be approached with such a nonchalant attitude. They say that countless people end up in dire straits simply from fooling around with Ouija boards; some experience mental breakdowns or relationships disintegrating, some end up possessed by spirits and some are even driven to suicide.

Hear ye, fear meeeeeee!

Nobody is precisely sure when the first Ouija board was made, but it seems that similar types of apparatus have been around.........Ehhh fuck this!:doh:

One similar apparatus is called the brain which traps the ever expanding spirit of the mind....when the mind goes "Aha" that's when it's poltergeist-ing the most! :cry: When it hiccups, it's usually that I'm telepathically saying Yello! :D and then your mind might just shut down....sorry, I only tried brightening you with a mindful moment!

err :ninja:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I want to witness paranormal stuff (but not by myself). I'd like to attend an exorcism. Wish I could.

skip

MBTI Type
INTP
I want to witness paranormal stuff (but not by myself).

I have. I prefer to watch "The X-Files," not feel like I'm living in an episode. It's not that fun, trust me.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm fascinated by stories like these, but I'm not sure I'd ever want anything like it to happen to me.