• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Common Ground?

Mole

Permabanned
Demur

= Logical Fallacy (Non-Sequitur)

= Irrelevant

Actually, you hear each stimulus at the speed of sound, and interpret by experience at the speed of light. So... Not instantaneous.

Excuse me, but the common ground we communicate with is with a base knowledge of the english language. Therefore, your argument is completely non-sequitur, because of lack of definition with what you are attempting to communicate.

I think you are trying to pick an argument with me rather than have a creative conversation, so I demur.

JediVulcanisim

MBTI Type
INTJ
The name of your game is called argumentation. And it is based on the linear, sequential printed word. It starts with a definition, proceeds with logic and ends with a conclusion. But look right in front of you and you will see not one printed word. What you do see is the electronic word.

Electronic word and printed word are equivalent my friend. Same form of communication.

Unfortunately your schooling has only taught you the greammar of the printed word, and has entirey neglected the grammar of the electronic word.
Wow, completely non-sequitur with the topic.

So naturally you are all at sea here where every word I write, and every word you write, is an electronic word.

:thelook:
The ability to print anything on this forum makes your comparison moot.

JediVulcanisim

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think you are trying to pick an argument with me rather than have a creative conversation, so I demur.

How are the statements I produced argumentative? :nerd:

Creative conversation? Flowery talk for someone who cannot seem to show the ability to communicate the world around them without a metaphor or simile. :) :nice:

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
To be honest, I wish I knew what the hell was going on in this thread. :huh:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apart from legitimate questions and curiosity, what are you all griping about? He created this thread and you chose to come into it, didn't you?

Mole

Permabanned
Apart from legitimate questions and curiosity, what are you all griping about? He created this thread and you chose to come into it, didn't you?

I am creating cognitive dissonance which is emotionally painful. So we can expect complaints about the pain.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Fear is a good sign. So we could start dancing with each other but on opposite sides of the room. But wait, I have a better idea, why don't we start dancing together on opposite side of planet. And how convenient this would be for you are in Sweden and I am in Australia, on opposite sides of the Earth.

But even better, your day is my night, and your Spring is my Autumn just as your trees loose their leaves in Winter, mine loose their bark in summeer. And just think of all the other differences between us. Hey, we are as safe as houses, we have a whole world between us, and even better, we live in discontinuous worlds only linked by the speed of light. You will never ever be able to step on my toes or spill your drink on me.

But be afraid 'cause we are linked by the speed of light, what you feel, I feel. And what I feel, you feel. You feel afraid and I feel afraid, twelve thousand milles apart. It's a miracle.

I might end up dancing even further away. There's nothing as far away as within distance to touch.

I dare you to feel what I feel.

JediVulcanisim

MBTI Type
INTJ

I decided to come onto this thread to point out that the metaphor is flawed as well as the logic associated with it. No griping, just fact checking :newwink:

Serendipity

MBTI Type
RAD
What are you feeling now?

Alone in the woods, racing to catch a butterfly - Forgot the village back at home, kept on pushing forwards - Lost inside the forest, knows not human or butterfly - Sunshine pours through the leaflet lands, heating up my skin - Saw deer eat bark, rip a piece from a tree and begin to chew - No sustenance, growing wild - Walls everywhere, the trail wilted away - Labyrinth to my castle, built without compassion - Wants to walk back home, cannot without a butterfly as prize - Didn't care to catch it, saw something greater. A wide open view over the snow claw mountains, a green scenery of sprouting emotion from the earthy ground, coastlines glimmering of gold, sand as soft as the wind and the sea, a deep blue exploration of the depths inside.

Lien

please, make me dance

So your mother wouldn't teach you how to dance, and your mother wouldn't teach you how to love her.

i thought people could do anything, if someone taught them how. i didn't think it was wrong that i didn't know how to love my mom. i tried to fix it, so i asked my mom to make me love her, "just like you make me do everything else."

Mole

Permabanned
i thought people could do anything, if someone taught them how. i didn't think it was wrong that i didn't know how to love my mom. i tried to fix it, so i asked my mom to make me love her, "just like you make me do everything else."

This sounds logical but I suspect it conceals a deeper, incoherent emotion. I think you have caught the edge of the emotion and are teasing it out.

Quite a few here won't be able to empathise with you, but if you are patient with them and yourself, you may be able to explore your emotion on this site.

Mole

Permabanned
Alone in the woods, racing to catch a butterfly - Forgot the village back at home, kept on pushing forwards - Lost inside the forest, knows not human or butterfly - Sunshine pours through the leaflet lands, heating up my skin - Saw deer eat bark, rip a piece from a tree and begin to chew - No sustenance, growing wild - Walls everywhere, the trail wilted away - Labyrinth to my castle, built without compassion - Wants to walk back home, cannot without a butterfly as prize - Didn't care to catch it, saw something greater. A wide open view over the snow claw mountains, a green scenery of sprouting emotion from the earthy ground, coastlines glimmering of gold, sand as soft as the wind and the sea, a deep blue exploration of the depths inside.

You are on the edge of exploring yourself. You feel quite good about it. I feel quite good about it. I see no reason for you not to continue.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
please, make me dance

Be my guest, but dont expect the movement to make it any easier in the long run

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO_rbTy_v4Q&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

Serendipity

MBTI Type
RAD

This is what I thought about but couldn't crystallize when I first arrived in this thread.

Lien

Be my guest, but dont expect the movement to make it any easier in the long run

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO_rbTy_v4Q&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

i have a soft spot inside for you germans and your electronic music.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS66F9sKGfk"].[/YOUTUBE]