• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You're plummeting to your death. Last thoughts?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd wonder if I remembered to pay my gas bill.

F

figsfiggyfigs

First thought: *string of curse worse* then," wtf!! WTF. IS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING??? No way. I must be dreaming....WAKEUPWAKUPWAKEUPWAKEUP!!!!!><"

Second Thought:"WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?! I HAVE TO MUCH TO LIVE FOR, SO MUCH TO DO!"

Third thought: " alright, Alright. Wait. Maybe this isn't that bad. . . Maybe I'll live or something *thinks:alright, gotta position myself just right*, crash on an island.... all those national geographics/man vs wild episodes I watched are going to be useful for my survival. OOoo Maybe it'll be like Lost!"

Fourth Thought:"... I'm going to miss them... Why didn't I say anything? They're going to be devastated... How will they find out? "

Fifth Thought:"I hope it doesn't hurt... "

xisnotx

Permabanned
Wow..kind of an eye opening question because I think I'd mostly be regretting how I didn't tell the people in my life how much I appreciated them.

G

Ginkgo

"It was for the lulz."

I-dunno-lol.jpg

rav3n

Probably an overlay of overwhelming disbelief, fear and anger, with an underlying checking off of financial affairs for beneficiaries, followed by internal goodbyes to loved ones hoping they know how much I care. And finally....curiosity.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Eh. I'd probably be like..."Well, what the fuck."
And then, "That was gonna be the last sexual experience/good bye I'll ever have? Dammit all to hell."

I probably wouldn't believe it was happening until the very last second, and then I'd probably pass out from fear anyway. I don't like planes, heights, or the idea of death - chances are I wouldn't make it past one, let alone a string of, coherent thoughts.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I'll light up a cigarette and just watch things fall upwards. Completely detached. Maybe giggle at the drama.
I bet I'd end up solving my life's mystery just before I hit the ground and literally cannot store anything like before anymore.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
This scene from Mallrats (6:00-6:45, sorry I couldn't find a better clip) would probably be flashing through my mind at some point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X9FfFQ6ohg

Other than that, I would probably be desperately trying to come up with some means of maximizing my chances of survival, while constantly being distracted by the interesting ways in which other people on board with me were reacting to our predicament and trying not to dwell on the ramifications.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Honestly? I think because of my religious upbringing I'd actually start praying for God to forgive me if there was a god there, cuz I don't want to go to hell.

It doesn't make much sense to me either, but there it is.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd probably be thinking, "now I'll never get to do x, y, or z; or finish a, b, and c".

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First thoughts: Help! Make it stop!

Next thought: Dear God, I don't know if you exist or not but if you do, please spare us.

Followed by:
Assuming I'll die, there's a very quick play by play of key moments in my life and loved ones. Tell my family I love them and say final goodbyes.
Pray that my death if I must die will be quick and painless.

O

Oberon

I'm a Christian ENTP. My first thought would be "Wow, what a ride!" followed by "I didn't get done all the stuff I wanted to try" followed by "Next stop afterlife... Wonder what that'll be like? ...Here I go!!!"

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I can just grab that albatross flying overhead, I can use some spare parts from my gameboy SP in my backpocket to create a somewhat suitable jet pack until I find another albatross!

F

figsfiggyfigs

If I can just grab that albatross flying overhead, I can use some spare parts from my gameboy SP in my backpocket to create a somewhat suitable jet pack until I find another albatross!

Man, you must move at the speed of light.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Probably something like:

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-"

or:

"Oh Shhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt-"

or:

I'd frantically try to think of ways to reduce the impact or save myself, most likely, even though it was hopeless.

whilst cursing in my head over and over.

The gist of these is that I won't be very coherent, especially with death coming about so suddenly.