• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How one becomes a human being?

Hine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
i tried to find a manual about how to become a human being, but the result of my search turned out to be a 4 year old weblog post about Frederick Buechner's themes and Martin Luther King Jr's famous speech "I have a dream". Second match was a book called "To Become a Human Being: The Message of Tadodaho Chief Leon Shenandoah" about Native American spiritual leader.

How one becomes a human being? In my - ride - age of 37 years, i still don't know what is to be a human being. All my life i've been like an alien among human beings, alienated from emotions and crashed badly and constantly with my fellow human beings, because i've been unfamiliar with the this planets earthling manners and customs.

If i can't find a manual of how one becomes a human being, i'd like to ask from you people, what fundamental basics belong into being a human being?
How one can tell if somebody is or is not a human being? If one seems to be physically like a human being, but however doesn't behave like one?
What steps one must take on her (or his) way to humanity?

I also have a dream - to become a human being. My hubby is tired of me being a spock :(

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Robot-Commander-Data.jpg

This guy had the same question. I suggest watching Star Trek the Next Generation.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How ones becomes human being? How is babby formed?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The term 'Human being' does not equal the behavioral characteristics of a living being.

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
Homo sapien =/= human being.

Our definition of a human being is essentially relative and dependent upon social constructions.

T

ThatGirl

Ha!

My antro professor once said "People study psychology to learn how to be sane, people study anthropology to learn to become human."

That is a completely useless quote, just something that sprang to mind.

Mole

Permabanned
The Typology of Human Beings

We become a human being by interacting in different media.

First we become a human being in the medium of speech. So we become an aural human being.

Then we become a human being by learning to read and write. So we become a literate human being.

And then we become a human being by telephoning, listening to the radio, watching TV and using the internet. And so we become an electric human being.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Once you have the genetic part down, being a human being naturally follows.

Becoming a human doing is the part that's hard ;)

Mole

Permabanned
The Slave Morality of Doing and the Protestant Work Ethic

Becoming a human doing is the part that's hard ;)

Frankly, I prefer being to doing. After all, I am a human being, not a human doing.

The Ancient Greeks knew that doing is for slaves, and that contemplatiion is for the free.

Today we have wage slaves operating machines, but the slave morality of doing is entrenched.

And for this slave morality we can blame the protestant work ethic.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
"You're born this way, baby". Except if you're Lady GaGa. She ain't human. Humans don't come out of eggs.