• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mantra & Exercises to Stimulate Peace and Transpersonal States

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh yeah! Here's some of the stuff I like to do, for fun:

* Consider, deeply, the possibility that all of the universe, including people's actions, ideas, and decisions, are determined, including your own contemplation.

* Practice the mantra "Everything's okay, and there's nothing to worry about" and let your body calm down.

* Try acting totally selfless and do your best to bring security and safety to the lives of others.

* Try letting go, if even for a short while, of all my worries and analyses and just let myself be whatever I'm feeling.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Try acting totally selfless and do your best to bring security and safety to the lives of others.

The only one I might consider... but for how long?:)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh yeah! Here's some of the stuff I like to do, for fun:

* Consider, deeply, the possibility that all of the universe, including people's actions, ideas, and decisions, are determined, including your own contemplation.
Been there done that.

* Try acting totally selfless and do your best to bring security and safety to the lives of others.

These two could contradict eachother.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.....what exactly is a transpersonal state? (google isn't coming up with too much).

After a long day, I often will sit in my chair, late at night....and just think for a while.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Even if this is the case, it would be best to simply ignore it and put it out of mind, I think. If I were to find out beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's true, I'd probably become rather depressed.

* Practice the mantra "Everything's okay, and there's nothing to worry about" and let your body calm down.

But what if there is something to worry about? What if everything isn't okay? I know that worrying is futile, but "everything's okay" may be misleading.

Just everyone in general, or the ones I like? There's some people who I'd rather not see secure and safe.

* Try letting go, if even for a short while, of all my worries and analyses and just let myself be whatever I'm feeling.

This one is good, and would be helpful if I were able to apply it. I wish I could. I've tried, but I start analyzing what I'm doing. It just doesn't work out so well.

And I'm not trying to be critical or anything, I'm just saying that sometimes, practicality is needed to a certain extent. The world is a dangerous place full of stupid people who are potentially harmful (or worse, smart people who are definitely harmful) so being on guard is needed.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Even if this is the case, it would be best to simply ignore it and put it out of mind, I think. If I were to find out beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's true, I'd probably become rather depressed.
That's how it's supposed to happen.

P.S. Good to see you here dude.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

I don't really see why. But more importantly, if you really sink into the feeling that everything is scripted, it also leads to the realization that everything is united and similar. Lose free will (or the illusion of it) and gain universal companionship. I've also never really been bothered by the possibility that I don't have free will. Kinda seemed like a given to me.

But what if there is something to worry about? What if everything isn't okay? I know that worrying is futile, but "everything's okay" may be misleading.

Then it's okay to worry! This isn't just :cheese:, it's something I've been toying with and contemplating for a while.

Just everyone in general, or the ones I like? There's some people who I'd rather not see secure and safe.

Speaking for myself only, I'd say everyone. It's comforting the ones we don't like that present the greatest challenge and the greatest payoff.

And I'm not trying to be critical or anything, I'm just saying that sometimes, practicality is needed to a certain extent. The world is a dangerous place full of stupid people who are potentially harmful (or worse, smart people who are definitely harmful) so being on guard is needed.

I appreciate the challenge, sincerely, Anon. ;)

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.....what exactly is a transpersonal state? (google isn't coming up with too much).

Lets just say "mystical" while trying to avoid all the presumptions, ideologies, and stereotypes that follow. Transpersonal simply means beyond yourself and to me, implies egolessness, connection with one's surroundings, and a sense of peace.