• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scientology

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tell us about your anger.

Yees... yeeees. You want this? Take it!

800px-Sidious_Lightning.jpg

Power! UNLIMITED power!

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Anyone involved/formerly involved? One of my closest friends is really getting into it (like, not drinking for "auditing," giving them small amounts of money for things). Most things online are propaganda one way or the other.

P.S. We need a one-word nickname for posters here, the way FreeRepublic has "freepers." "Meebers" doesn't sound good to me. "Typos?" :D
I was reading Readers' Digest in the park.
There was an ad in the magazine. By a certain Hubbard.

He had written a book about how to overcome shyness.
I am sure Hubbard pocketed millions by his little book.

I have a minor objection to note. A little trifle.
There is no way to overcome shyness.

Do not read Hubbard.
Read Readers' Digest.
But leave out the ads.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I've got a copy of the book. I got it and a shirt from some Scientologists one day when I was drunk. The shirt is great for parties :).

Haven't read the book yet though...

Mole

Permabanned
Yees... yeeees. You want this? Take it!

800px-Sidious_Lightning.jpg

Power! UNLIMITED power!

Yes, anger is interesting. Normally if you express your anger in a safe setting to someone who can empathise with you, that is to listen to your anger without becoming angry themselves, it can lead you to a calm spot where you can start to understand your anger.

So anger, like any emotion, can be self limiting. However I have known two people for whom their anger was not self limiting. And their anger was unlimited and relentless. And I felt in the face of their anger, sadness.

In the larger sphere, liberal democracy is devoted to the limitation of power. And so, I would say, the limitation of anger is a project of liberal democracy.

Today we can see what happens with unlimited anger and unlimited power in a theocracy in Iran where the people are being tortured, raped and killed for simply wanting to limit the power of the theocrats by democratic means.

And these same theocrats are building nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them to express their unlimited anger against the liberal democratic world.

And very soon we are going to have to decide what to do about this.

And perhaps we can make a start on the personal level by deciding what to do about our own unlimited anger.

Mole

Permabanned
I was reading Readers' Digest in the park.
There was an ad in the magazine. By a certain Hubbard.

He had written a book about how to overcome shyness.
I am sure Hubbard pocketed millions by his little book.

I have a minor objection to note. A little trifle.
There is no way to overcome shyness.

Do not read Hubbard.
Read Readers' Digest.
But leave out the ads.

Yes, I am rather shy myself and think there is a lot to be said for shyness.

I think shyness is a way of protecting what is beautiful in oneself.

One shies away from the ugly and the vulgar and makes room for the beautiful.

Unfortunately many of us are surrounded by ugly architecture, ugly music and ugly manners so we start to think it is normal and cool to be ugly.

So perhaps it is time to get back to the true and the beautiful.

After all, the poets tell us truth is beauty and beauty is truth. And even the mathematicians tell us they look for beautiful equations.

And if the poets and the mathematicians agree, perhaps they are on the right track.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I am rather shy myself and think there is a lot to be said for shyness.

I think shyness is a way of protecting what is beautiful in oneself.

One shies away from the ugly and the vulgar and makes room for the beautiful.

Unfortunately many of us are surrounded by ugly architecture, ugly music and ugly manners so we start to think it is normal and cool to be ugly.

So perhaps it is time to get back to the true and the beautiful.

After all, the poets tell us truth is beauty and beauty is truth. And even the mathematicians tell us they look for beautiful equations.

And if the poets and the mathematicians agree, perhaps they are on the right track.

Fi!

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Do you think you are hiding your feelings under a concern for others?

After all it is socially acceptable to be concerned for others, but not so socially acceptable to hide your feelings.

And are your feelings so socially unacceptable that you need to hide them?

Or are you concerned others will be led astray, or are you trying to lead us astray by hiding your feelings?

No Victor. It's not about me, it's about the blatantly false posts that you contributed. I have to say that I don't appreciate the false accusations of dishonesty against me personally now. You have taken this down from a rational discussion, and only defend your ill-conceived arguments with ad hominem attacks.