• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meditation, prayer, contemplation

Lark

Does anyone practice any of these? If you do for how long each day or week? Does it coincide with any other disciplines, ie resting after a work out or fitness or dietary discipline? Do you feel any benefits or recommend it as beneficial? If you dont, why not? Is it a waste of time?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Bicycling is meditative for me. I just focus on the road and my breathing and pedal cadence. It's a good way to not think so much.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I contemplate all the time; at random times of the day, I'll drift off into lost thought, pondering the matter of certain events or philosophically inclined problems.

As for prayer and meditation (I'm assuming the 'clear your mind of thoughts' meditation), not so much.