• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would YOU kill the baby?

Would YOU kill the baby?

• Total voters
F

figsfiggyfigs

You are a Jewish person inside Nazi occupied France. You are hiding under the floorboards with many others Jewish people, when evil Nazis come in to search houses near by. As you are there, a baby with the jewish hiders starts to cry.

This baby cannot stop crying, and you know if it continues to cry, you, and everyone under the floor, could possibly be discovered by the nazis and killed. You don't have time to find out if they're going to skip your house or not, and even then, there is still the possibility of them hearing it.

Do you kill the baby?

NO CHEATING

No "muffling his cries, getting it drunk, etc"

You either kill it, or you don't and risk the possibility of getting everyone else killed.

cfs1992

No. I would try to muffle his crying, but I would never kill a baby, or anyone...

Except if someone try to rape or kill me, in those cases I'm not responsible for my acts. :shrug:

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Depends how I feel about the baby. Not all babies grow up to be perfect. Otherwise, I don't think I'd have brought myself to be hiding from the invaders in the first place - I'd want to fight the nazi's instead. When the Soviets invaded the Germans in their towns, the Germans met them with heavy resistance, so I don't see why jews should *necessarily* be running from the Nazi's, in the same context.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I'd rip off a bit off my garments and put that in it's mouth. Alternatively, sit down with the baby inside my arms to make sure as little as possible of the potential sound to escape our hiding spot. Maybe ask others to stand around me and form another "wall" for the sound to bounce within. Maybe placing myself so that I would be lying down with the baby beneath me but make sure not to weigh down too much and have others lie on top/close to me - and hopefully save the baby and us.
Or, if I have something like a straw that is blunt in one end, I would push that down the baby's throat and let it breathe through it, most probably ending any sound it'll make. Unfortunately, this might entail other discomforts later for the baby so I'm not sure this would be on my top most used strategy.

If, however, the walls are so thin and it is possible to hear even a slight whisper if you walk close by, and I would have no time to hesitate... That baby might be dead because of my rough handling of the babies neck, as I would have to shove my thumb or any other kind of blunt object into its mouth with speed.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I get the gist of your question, so I won't go with the answer, "cover the baby's mouth and let hir breathe through hir nose." No, I wouldn't kill the baby.

rav3n

If we kill it, do we get to eat it too? It's morally reprehensile to kill without using the entire body or at least as much of the body as possible.

xisnotx

Permabanned
probably not..
I'm bad at making decisions when things are happening all at once. I'd probably let my emotions do the deciding since I wouldn't have enough time to come to a good decision. My emotions wouldn't allow me to kill the baby.

If given enough time to make a decision..probably not still. I'd look for other solutions even if I was told that they didn't exist.

Sunny Ghost

I think it'd be really hard, and I'd probably be haunted by that one decision for my entire life... but if it's my or my baby's fault that all these other people are at risk of death as well... well I couldn't have that either. I'd probably pass the child off to someone else who might be stronger to actually go through with it.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
No way. Then you'd be no better than the Nazis. That's what they would want you to do. Like when they would order a father to rape his daughter or else they would. They're scum.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok they don't know about the baby, the way i read the scenerio was you kill the baby or it's found and everyone dies. its killing one to save many. though they are probably gonna die anyways, but you wouldn't know that if you were the prisoner.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
NO CHEATING

No "muffling his cries, getting it drunk, etc"

You either kill it, or you don't and risk the possibility of getting everyone else killed.

If those are the choices, the baby lives; in real life, I would muffle his cries and thereby risk his death through suffocation while at the same time risking the lives of everyone else if the Nazis have really really good hearing.