• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If the soul's afterlife is imagination and intellect

Lark

I watched What Dreams May Come the other night for the first time, it might not be a good adaptation of Matheson's book if I Am Legend is anything to go by but the afterlife depicted in it is one which is constructed by the mind or soul disembodied following the death of the body.

So in this afterlife pretty much anything can and is created by the souls living in it, there is sufficient space for anything of any scope because time and space are infinite.

My question is in this sort of afterlife would the dilemma described by Thor, as depicted in an episode of the Hulk TV series in which he could only take form when summoned by the possessor of the Hammer artifact, exist of existing without feeling or sensation?

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
a soul still feels and has sensation, but without a body would exist as an energy being, since that is a souls natural state.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched What Dreams May Come the other night for the first time, it might not be a good adaptation of Matheson's book if I Am Legend is anything to go by

I never read "What Dreams May Come" (although I saw the movie)... but definitely with "I am Legend," the Will Smith adaptation of that story had just about nothing to do with Matheson's original.

My question is in this sort of afterlife would the dilemma described by Thor, as depicted in an episode of the Hulk TV series in which he could only take form when summoned by the possessor of the Hammer artifact, exist of existing without feeling or sensation?

The questions seems kind of garbled. Rephrase?