• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stoicism

developer

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have used the search form but I have not found anything in the forum, so I hope this has not been discussed before. My question is: do you think that Stoicism (or Stoa, if you like) appeals to any type in particular ? Or would you think it is more a question of age ?

I find myself picking up some of that thinking in the last few years, and I have grown particularly fond of some stuff Seneca wrote, and I am wondering if it is me getting old, or if it is a type thing. So, what do you think ?

sassafrassquatch

I've noticed the INTx types seem to have this desire to be a pure, objective intellect with no physical needs or desires. I've never seen the attraction, myself.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have always enjoyed ancient greek philosophers. I think there is great wisdom in stoicism. I think that it would primarily appeal to T types. With age, people probably do develop more stoic traits as a way to deal with things.

developer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you guys for taking this up. Age definitely has something to do with it, as you get less worked up about things that happen. Any further thoughts about type anybody ?

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
im 18 and I already have that sort of outlook on life do you guys reckon this is unhealthy ?