User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    being confident or principled in your position isn't the same thing as saying- "I'm right about this because I'm right about everything and everything is either right or wrong"
    My parents say that all the time.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    oh really, do you often have heated debates about what is the prettiest color?
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I usually go more with "Humor me on this." I wonder if their way is more effective.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I see the world as an extremely dark and unpredictable. I said this because you do not know who people are really are, you do not know why they want to be your friend or enemy or neither. There are people who can mask their personality well and once they strike, it will be a complete mind swapped, your inner world will be upside down, down is the new up and up is the new down, you will start questioning everything that you see and you will even question who you are, the stairs will be scattered and your mind that you thought is full of knowledge, is now a puzzle and every you answer leads to another question and so on, it will be a none circle in your mind, but the main question is never who, but why to every single one of them. The world will always divide and rise up from itself due to people always sabotaging themselves and all you can ask is why.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Let me just start off by saying I'm... Eurotrash.
    Right, I'm British, from London, work in London including in The Shard and The Gherkin (iconic buildings of this city) with my day job and my Saturday job sees me in Soho promoting a nightclub. Never forget MY HOMETOWN'S STAMP ON THE WORLD - rock, Union Jack, London fashion, drugs.. Am most definitely a drift in a sea of drugs and meaningless sex; even if London is a metro like New York City.
    So me kicking around Europe, for me is 'the thing to do', I'm not saying every European is Eurotrash, but I am.
    I look at my life in London, Soho, and guitar and drugs and girls and people and stuff, from Soho Original Books being 'the way' for me... I am Eurotrash.
    So no matter where I go, I am Eurotrash.

Kicked around Amsterdam, stayed in the Red Light District, didn't go for the sex, I mean, Soho's perfect. But I did go for the drugs.
    I love to get stoned and Amsterdam is the one.
    Quickly found my local coffeehouses, roamed the city as well as smoke, eat space cake, and partied at night walking through the city back to my hotel in the early hours of the morning.
    That was cool, Amsterdam is cool.

I've been to the United States... I think everyone should at least once in their life; See who control the world.
    I was me, and I was 17 last time I went. I was already fucking and getting stoned (fun fact, I lost my virginity to a one night stand on the 9th and flew out to Philadelphia on the 14th and a week from losing my virginity I was on a balcony at my brother's then apartment in Pennsylvania in June 2004...
    So even then I was; me. From here and everything.
    I got carded when I tried to buy cigarettes and managed to buy some too, so it was hit and miss for me trying to get a cigarette out there because in England, the smoking age was 16 and I had been smoking since 14 and developed a habit.
    Drank black coffee there too. at this Mormon wedding too.
    Looking back, I was a bit of a freak.
    Stayed with my sister in Seaside Heights, she lived 5/10 minutes away from the board walk there.
    Years later in England I saw an episode of The Jersey Shore and fell off my seat, even had some guy I met too!.
    It's a small, beautiful world.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

ALSO

Vision is a perception which is an illusion that our brains create an image of by flipping the light received by the cones in the eyes which then gets turned upside at the lense part of our eye giving our brain an upside down picture of the world that the brain has to be a brain about and then flip it/see it, so we see it right side up.
    So basically the world is out there, light bounces and light receptive cones in our eyes catch the light and our lenses in our eyes focus and it somehow gets flipped on it's head so the brain has to decode and flip vision right side up again.

I mean, it's all relative!

Just look at pigeons, their brains operate on a different level of speed.
    So a movie to us is a bunch of still pictures to a pigeon.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...eon-the-movies

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Ancient post but I will reply.

Quote Originally Posted by targobelle View Post

I realize that the world (IMO at least) is many shades of gray, but so many seem to see it as black and white. What I wonder is if it's typically (okay I am generalizing and looking for input) a J characteristic to see the world as Black and white, and a P characteristic to see the world as shades of Gray?

I think this is more of educated or uneducated thing to tell you my vision on the truth.

The thing with Js is that they often reduce problem(s) into boxes because that way it is much easier to find solutions that will fix the situation. However that in general doesn't mean that they don't see the full spectrum of what is going on. Js are often much better at solving protocol problems and keeping things under control exactly because most of the time they don't search for the last detail of data in order to make up their mind ... and they actually want to make up their mind even if understanding is not 100% complete. (especially since often it will never be fully complete)