• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How The Horoscope Changes Affect You

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Here is an article on the new Horoscope change: link.
Here is an article on how Horoscopes haven't changed: link.

Some people claim that horoscopes are bogus, others live their life devotedly by it. Me? I've always identified strongly with Scorpio traits even if the readings were hit and miss, I guess you could say I'm a proud Scorpio...or now a very unhappy Libra :laugh:

The horoscope change didn't send me into a panic. I made a bit of an epic B/ face and then rolled my eyes and said, 'whatever.' I like being a Scorpio, I was born a Scorpio so Scorpio I shall stay. But what about you guys? Does the change have you into an upset? Does this throw off or alter your life [or body] in any way?

I'm interested in Astrology even though I've never got too deeply into it. I don't know if any of this in fact means anything at all, but I am interested in the opinions you guys might have.

And what is up with this New Zodiac Sign? :tongue: I think that altering the Zodiac can't be that great for business. A shift is one thing, but a whole knew sign? Sort of shatters believability in "the ancient way of the stars" in my opinion.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I never identified with lion(my old sign), and don't identify with cancer(my new sign) either. So there is no change for me.

P

Phantonym

Yeah, I'm supposedly an Aries now. Can't really relate to it. Nobody can take my "Taureanism" away from me! They'd get the horns. :devil: Otherwise, I'm all...whatever, life goes on as usual.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This "news" has been known for a long time...

It's the difference between the tropical and the sidereal zodiac...

For anybody who's studied astrology, this is not news...

It's been known for almost 2,000 years...

:shrug:

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Did you guys know about the new horoscope as well? Or is that totally coming out of the blue to you?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always identified with both cancer and leo, a combo of water and fire, really, as I was born on the first day of the lion, according to one system but often also considered the last day of cancer, so I'm good :D

Also, you might wanna have a look at this:

http://io9.com/5733004/your-zodiac-sign-may-have-changed-this-week

apparently, it's the reason for all this hoopla.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think Libra suits me, and Virgo doesn't suit me either. If I had to choose, I'd probably be Aries or Scorpio. I think those signs are most like my current personality.

wolfy

awsm
I'm not so into horoscopes. I related to some of both Aries and Taurus. I'm Aries in that new one, I used to be on the cusp of Aries and Taurus.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol..oh man...how do you appear to be such a calm and patient man on the outside , if you're meant to be such a stubborn mule on the inside :laugh:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't care for astrology one iota, and I knew about this a long time ago. I particularly get amusement from everyone being surprised by Ophiucus/Serpentariaus.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
I never believed in the Zodiac, but all of a sudden, when I read that my type might change, I wanted to hold onto it, and I didn't like the idea of having my type changed all of a sudden. I still identify as a Virgo somehow, even though in reality I am a skeptic about the Zodiac. Sort of like how my 'lucky number' has been 4, and my official favorite color is 'blue' (although I grew to love orange and earth tones and greens too, and now that I think about it, there's all those other wonderful colors...) - I'm attached to those things even though they don't really mean anything to who I am. Same with Virgo.

My zodiac type didn't change. September 21 is still Virgo.

Sunny Ghost

Yes! I actually read a book about the sidereal zodiac and the 13th sign a few years back and found it to be pretty awesome that the sun was actually in Pisces as opposed to Aries, as I had grown up believing. So, on my birthday I got a Pisces tattoo rather than a Aries tat. Although it always lead to confusion when people asked my birthday, then were perplexed as they had known my birthday to fit in with the western zodiac of Aries. Glad it's cleared up now. :)

However, I've always checked both Pisces and Aries horoscopes... and maybe it's because I want to see it... but I've always found both to be fitting to me. An emotional dreamer with firery spontaneity.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
However, I've always checked both Pisces and Aries horoscopes... and maybe it's because I want to see it... but I've always found both to be fitting to me. An emotional dreamer with firery spontaneity.

Interesting that you say that, because, if one were to create an explanation as to what should be done about the sidereal vs. tropical issue, I think the best explanation would be something along the lines that both should be used, in conjunction with one another, shedding more light on a person's character.

Just thought of this last night, and here you are this morning saying you do precisely that.

Synchronicity. :)

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
This doesn't make any sense to me. Doesn't it only matter when you were born? If back in 1986 on March 28th it was time of the Aries, then wouldn't I still be Aries? It just means that now ppl born March 28th will be something else... In any event, I don't see evidence of any truth to this stuff.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This doesn't make any sense to me. Doesn't it only matter when you were born? If back in 1986 on March 28th it was time of the Aries, then wouldn't I still be Aries? It just means that now ppl born March 28th will be something else... In any event, I don't see evidence of any truth to this stuff.

This is another possible explanation, if you want to make one.

However, if I understand what is happening correctly, it would require some interesting trickeration, because this process of the dates changing is constant and ongoing.

If I understand it correctly, every 70 years the constellations shift 1 degree (out of 360), and so, after ~2,100 years, they will have shifted approximately 30 degrees, which is about one full sign.

The one thing I'm not 100% sure on, but I believe may be the case, is that this process is actually cyclical.

That is to say, it will go in one direction for a certain amount of time (24,000 years?), and then back the other direction for approximately the same amount of time.

I believe it's actually related to why the Mayan calendar "ends" in 2012 (and, ftr, I'm not some crazy "the world is gunna end in 2012" kinda person)...

I'm not 100% sure on all this, and, unfortunately, I don't know many people more versed in astrology than myself (and I'm not really all that well versed myself).

Sunny Ghost

Interesting that you say that, because, if one were to create an explanation as to what should be done about the sidereal vs. tropical issue, I think the best explanation would be something along the lines that both should be used, in conjunction with one another, shedding more light on a person's character.

Just thought of this last night, and here you are this morning saying you do precisely that.

Synchronicity. :)
Well, one's based upon where the sun is, what constellation it is visible through and where we see it while on earth. The other is based upon seasons, I believe. (Don't quote me on that, it's been a long time since I've read up on this stuff and I'm horrible with facts.) I think both hold relevance.

If the sun was in Pisces (as opposed to Aries like the tropical/western zodiac says), and if you believe that stars can indeed affect you as a person, then I think I would contain the characteristics of said constellation. (I mean, c'mon, the moon's tides has effects on people, why not astrology?)

With the tropical, I like how it's sort of a progression of character or life... starting with Aries, the beginning of spring... it's sort of like the birth of the seasons. And Aries has the essence of new life and spring time. Emerging energy. And it sort of matures as it progresses through the other signs. Taurus, the sensual and earthy... but then you get as far as Sagittarius where the characteristics are more matured... communicative, etc. And so on down the line. I do believe seasons can have an effect on people as well. And how the planets align out side of that all pull and push on all of us.

I don't know if that was a justified line of reasoning, but hey... I do what I want. :tongue10:

My friend is gonna be pissed, ( she has a huge Gemini tat on her wrist.)
Nah. She's still a Gemini on the western zodiac. This is stuff that's been known for a long time by the western astrologers, and they've disregarded it for ages.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't believe in astrology so the fact that I changed my sign had no effect on me.