• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Opening Your Chakras

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
So, I have recently started reading about and trying to open my chakras. It's very relaxing. I haven't experienced anything extraordinary but I do feel like I am more centered. I have come to understand the difference between "spiritual" and "religious".

The reason I was posting was to see if anyone else out there attempts this kind of meditation and to share their experiences with it if they do.

I came across this website as well; It goes over the enneagram in relation to the chakras: Energy and the Enneagram

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I took a chakra test recently because I wondered what it was, and it said that my throat and third eye were open/healthy, but that all the others were closed very hard (by between 33 and 50 percent). I wonder what that means?

heart

heart on fire
I took a chakra test recently because I wondered what it was, and it said that my throat and third eye were open/healthy, but that all the others were closed very hard (by between 33 and 50 percent). I wonder what that means?

Lower chakras having to do with Love (heart) creatvity(stomach),survival (sacral), reproduction, sex, attachment. At least that is how I remember it.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I recommend honest consideration of Tonglen as a surefire strategy to broaden perspective.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
How exactly do you do it? Open your chakras that is?

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ

Introduction to the chakras
This page has that information.

How exactly do you do it? Open your chakras that is?

It involves doing meditation and this: Opening the Chakras

I don't feel comfortable explaining it yet but this is an adequate guide.

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
I have had an interest in chakras for a long time. When I meditate(which isn't as much as I used to), I focus on my heart chakra. There is another chakra called the secret heart(hridaya) that is only found in one tradition. Its supposedly the source of our personal vision of the divine.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I recommend honest consideration of Tonglen as a surefire strategy to broaden perspective.

This would take an incredibly self-assured, fearless person to do this -- basically truly let go inside of their plusses to take on people's minusses. Most people are so scared of holding onto what they have and filled with a sense of scarcity they must struggle against. Basically feel they have little control over their world.

As for chakras, whatever helps you feel centered. Whether chakras are "real" or not, even just visualizing and meditating on the meaning of what your chakras represent and their health can be very helpful.

I had a friend who said she studied ninjitsu (yes, that would be the thing ninjas practiced, and she's from Hawaii so she can say these things) and she checked my chakras for me using a crystal on a chain. That classic divining tool. Supposedly my throat chakra was overactive. Considering she thought I talked too much, I'm not surprised. :dry:

While you are working on chakras, I don't think it's a bad idea to get some acupuncture done or practice restorative/meditative yoga. A hardcore Bikram yoga studio comes to mind.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have had an interest in chakras for a long time. When I meditate(which isn't as much as I used to), I focus on my heart chakra. There is another chakra called the secret heart(hridaya) that is only found in one tradition. Its supposedly the source of our personal vision of the divine.

Out of all my Chakras, my heart is by far the easiest to open. I took me a few seconds to feel the tingling/flowering feeling. My Throat and Sacral chakras have been the hardest ones to open. In fact I still haven't really opened them properly.

This would take an incredibly self-assured, fearless person to do this -- basically truly let go inside of their plusses to take on people's minusses. Most people are so scared of holding onto what they have and filled with a sense of scarcity they must struggle against. Basically feel they have little control over their world.

As for chakras, whatever helps you feel centered. Whether chakras are "real" or not, even just visualizing and meditating on the meaning of what your chakras represent and their health can be very helpful.

I had a friend who said she studied ninjitsu (yes, that would be the thing ninjas practiced, and she's from Hawaii so she can say these things) and she checked my chakras for me using a crystal on a chain. That classic divining tool. Supposedly my throat chakra was overactive. Considering she thought I talked too much, I'm not surprised. :dry:

While you are working on chakras, I don't think it's a bad idea to get some acupuncture done or practice restorative/meditative yoga. A hardcore Bikram yoga studio comes to mind.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much I buy into chakras but the concentration on the 7 aspects of myself really does put myself in center.

I'm simply trying to help balance out my overly-stressful college life. I really feel like I'm on the end of my rope and I want to fix that... not to mention I have insomnia. :)

I'll look into yoga, but I'm honestly not in the position to pay for classes. :doh:

I'm open to more suggestions from anyone.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if any Ts would feel the need to do such a thing.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I can't imagine why a T would ever feel the need.

Why would you generalize? If any type with a T is trying to improve themselves or has been approached by someone telling them how beneficial it is, they may just look into it. Or after they witness the benefits may come to try it out to see if it's a placebo effect thing or can actually help them. Perhaps, they'd better appreciate the systems of such practices or even understand them better. If they've embraced who they are w/o feeling embarassed all the time of their feelings/whathave you, it may be no big deal for them or they may just not care to share that facet of their life as easily as a xxFx type. An INFJ may think 'paranormal' or opening chakras to be weird if raised to think that way (we like conforming to standards of loved ones if we really love them--not always though). If raised negatively about anything, anyone may be influenced in just accepting w/e it is as fact. I could see a xxTx type learning all the basics and advanced concepts if raised to learn about them. Or maybe they'd rebel, I don't know. I just don't like generalizing and wonder if I were an INTJ instead of INFJ, I might think "S/he thinks they know me, huh. I'll just do the opposite to spite them." (whether right or wrong lol-so maybe you are right and I'm just being stubborn for them ;) ).

My sis is an INTJ and honestly...she used to think most of what I thought/experienced 'paranormally' was 'weird' even though she's had similiar experiences. She tells me she doesn't really care to look into it as deeply as me but just take them for what they are as they come. And these types of topics have occasionaly interested her. It's just a bit harder for her to share it (even w/ me sometimes and we're extremelyclose) and comprehend it fully or trust it. She's learned to trust it, not only through me, but as she couldn't deny w/e it is as she keeps experiencing it. Lucid dreams? What does she care what they mean but that she does it and it's interesting chopping up her idiotic classmates.... (she'd kill me if she knew I said all this, so shhh :devil: )But she's just one xxTx out of a whole slew of them and I could be way off about all this.

I'd think an ENTP might like to learn how to open chakras if it seems interesting to them or they just wanna take a crack at it. They may not have the patience to last it out, though lol I couldn't say on other xxTx's as I'm not proficient in knowing all the types yet. Or maybe if xxxTx types pitch in and all of them claim to find topics such as this as silly and disinteresting, I may just change my mind (though I doubt it!):D

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Why would you generalize? If any type with a T is trying to improve themselves or has been approached by someone telling them how beneficial it is, they may just look into it. Or after they witness the benefits may come to try it out to see if it's a placebo effect thing or can actually help them. Perhaps, they'd better appreciate the systems of such practices or even understand them better. If they've embraced who they are w/o feeling embarassed all the time of their feelings/whathave you, it may be no big deal for them or they may just not care to share that facet of their life as easily as a xxFx type. An INFJ may think 'paranormal' or opening chakras to be weird if raised to think that way (we like conforming to standards of loved ones if we really love them--not always though). If raised negatively about anything, anyone may be influenced in just accepting w/e it is as fact. I could see a xxTx type learning all the basics and advanced concepts if raised to learn about them. Or maybe they'd rebel, I don't know. I just don't like generalizing and wonder if I were an INTJ instead of INFJ, I might think "S/he thinks they know me, huh. I'll just do the opposite to spite them." (whether right or wrong lol-so maybe you are right and I'm just being stubborn for them ;) ).

My sis is an INTJ and honestly...she used to think most of what I thought/experienced 'paranormally' was 'weird' even though she's had similiar experiences. She tells me she doesn't really care to look into it as deeply as me but just take them for what they are as they come. And these types of topics have occasionaly interested her. It's just a bit harder for her to share it (even w/ me sometimes and we're extremelyclose) and comprehend it fully or trust it. She's learned to trust it, not only through me, but as she couldn't deny w/e it is as she keeps experiencing it. Lucid dreams? What does she care what they mean but that she does it and it's interesting chopping up her idiotic classmates.... (she'd kill me if she knew I said all this, so shhh :devil: )But she's just one xxTx out of a whole slew of them and I could be way off about all this.

I'd think an ENTP might like to learn how to open chakras if it seems interesting to them or they just wanna take a crack at it. They may not have the patience to last it out, though lol I couldn't say on other xxTx's as I'm not proficient in knowing all the types yet. Or maybe if xxxTx types pitch in and all of them claim to find topics such as this as silly and disinteresting, I may just change my mind (though I doubt it!):D

I was being facetious. See Randomnity's post.

I'm a T into this type of spiritual behavior. I stand thusly as my exception.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Would it shock you to hear that I'm not really interested in this for the spiritual aspects, but only because I know that those points on the body are associated with major nerves, and find the associations of different kinds of awareness with particular parts of the body interesting? I actually think the the opening thing works for some people because it helps you "center" yourself, and focusing on a particular part of your body might help you relax certain muscles, and possibly thinking it will work would provide a slight placebo effect. Also, knowing about all these aspects of the self associated with chakras and consciously trying to be more balanced between them might very well be providing some of the benefits in and of itself.

That said, I've never engaged in meditation or other such practices, mainly because I'm preoccupied with other things I'm interested in. I'm not opposed to it, I've just never felt a strong pull towards it. I mainly took the test to see what my results in that context might represent.

So F's don't necessarily believe in it spiritually as much as they're just typically more curious about what it might mean or represent even though it's not scientific... what the person who came up with it might have been thinking of, and why.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Would it shock you to hear that I'm not really interested in this for the spiritual aspects, but only because I know that those points on the body are associated with major nerves, and find the associations of different kinds of awareness with particular parts of the body interesting? .

So F's don't necessarily believe in it spiritually as much as they're just typically more curious about what it might mean or represent even though it's not scientific... what the person who came up with it might have been thinking of, and why.

Curious how things interplay.

My addition of the "T" element was ironical; my mention of it does not suggest a deeper intellectual foothold beyond a (clearly) misguided attempt at levity.

As I made mention in my response to DeliriousDisposition, it was tongue-in-cheek.

Pshew.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz

Ah, forgive me! I just zoomed onto your post as it struck me :doh: I actually wanted to ask you if you were..but thought it would seem mocking..

Yes, very tongue-in-cheek. I shall be aware of that when reading your posts in future.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
athenian200, I wonder if Night's laughing at the silly xxFx's who Fe-ed all over her/him. Err

Or at the least, amused. I wonder...unsurely...