• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dear Misanthropes,

G

Ginkgo

Why do you insist on believing that humanity is composed of spineless, brainless, grotesque germs who routinely consume their own body weight in excrement?

Lark

Why do you insist on believing that humanity is composed of spineless, brainless, grotesque germs who routinely consume their own body weight in excrement?

I've a kind of casual misanthropic undercurrent in my personality, although somedays I will loathe humanity collectively, while feeling warm enough to individual examples thereof, while other days I will feel warmly enough for humanity collectively, while feeling I loathe individual examples thereof.

Its just one of those contradictions, I believe a consequence of having a strong enough E to find social intercourse attractive, even if there's no one who can provide it satisfactorily and strong enough TJ functions to allow you to generalise from experience or theory.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

Dear Tater,

I am projecting the intense emotional venom of my own self-loathing onto the entire human race, in order to draw the potency of the sting to my self esteem by belittling them so ferociously that I end up regarding them as even less than I am wont to regard myself.

This does not make me truly accept myself or feel at peace, but at least makes me able to face the pain of my existence each day without being overwhelmed with despair at the futility of it all. If I know myself to be an essentially worthless being at core, it is nevertheless a comfort to criticise others until I am assured that they are even less than I.

Yours,

Ann Thrope (Miss)

Jaguar

Dear Misanthropes - what you don't like is seeing your own faces being reflected back to you.

Sunny Ghost

I've a kind of casual misanthropic undercurrent in my personality, although somedays I will loathe humanity collectively, while feeling warm enough to individual examples thereof, while other days I will feel warmly enough for humanity collectively, while feeling I loathe individual examples thereof.
I can relate to this. Though I tend to lean towards loathing humanity collectively, while feeling warm and compassionate towards individuals. It's more so about human impact on the world and the collective culture of the modern day that gets to me.

Dear Misanthropes - what you don't like is seeing your own faces being reflected back to you.
meany! :yim_phbbbbt:

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'm a lot like Lark. There are days where I feel a genuine caring concerned like feeling towards the general population, while strongly despising particular individuals. The next couple days, however, it could change from very much enjoying the company of individuals and being disgusted by everyone else.

I truly do want to believe in the good of people, but it's difficult to do when you turn on the news and see what you do.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dear Misanthropes,

Why are you all being so nice and caring for people and wishing change, rather than to observe the dummies with a sly smirk on your face? ;)

Sunny Ghost

Dear Misanthropes,

Why are you all being so nice and caring for people and wishing change, rather than to observe the dummies with a sly smirk on your face? ;)
What's wrong with caring and compassion? It may not fit in with the stereotypical definition, but I think many can fit in with loathing or excessive worry over where the world may be headed due to the impact humans have.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I get burned out by chronic bad behaviour, but my belief that humanity still contains the dim reflection of God inside us all gives me hope, and causes me to cheer on those people who make heroic efforts to change the world for good.

Example : Stan Brock, Remote Area Medical

http://www.ramusa.org/about/stanbrock.htm

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjvweTcSazE"]Misanthrope aka Snob[/YOUTUBE]

rav3n

Not a misanthrope but not a philanthropist. Everyone is viewed on an individual basis but with the understanding that altruism in its purist form doesn't exist since we're all driven by biological imperative. And anyways, what is ranting about someone else being selfish, if not wanting give from same person? So if you want more give from someone, this equates to more get for self. Self-interest.

KDude

I'm probably a little too self-absorbed to be a misanthropist. Hopefully not in a bad way... most days.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Hmm. I don't really understand misanthropy, if only because at some point everyone has their bad, stupid and inane days. Can't one extremely dislike the products of the collective while knowing that the collective itself is just too much of a herd to realize what it is they're doing?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Could be misanthropy is a form of projection. Self-hate projected on to other people. I've yet to meet a person happy with themselves who hated other people.