• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Define Productivity?

Lark

How do you define productivity? What gives you the satisfaction that you've had a productive day? Is it something that you associate only with work, wether that's your occupation/source of revenue or housekeeping, chores, or do you associate it with leisure time too?

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Balance.

I feel satisfiedly productive if

things get crossed off my to-do list (which is a combination of work and personal)
and the dishes are done when I go to bed
plus I learned something new, or learned to do something new
and I exercised
and whether by accident or by design I spent time with someone conversing in-depth and it was helpful to both of us.

I don't feel productive if the entire day was about one thing, even if a lot got done on that one thing.

How about you?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel productive when:

*I've gotten some unpleasant task done and out of the way
*I've made tangible progress towards goals
*I've learned something new
*I've solved a problem I've been preoccupied with
*I got around to doing the things I've been putting off for a long time (both work and leisure)
*I took time to do the things that I really enjoy

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
The closest I come to productivity is when I paint and it just comes out naturally. And sometimes I build stuff. And sometimes I clean the house.

I don't really have much use for the word. The things found productive in the community often seem to me as counterproductive, and if I say my day was well spent, the community might say I wasn't productive at all. I really don't even think about the word much.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
How do you define productivity? What gives you the satisfaction that you've had a productive day? Is it something that you associate only with work, wether that's your occupation/source of revenue or housekeeping, chores, or do you associate it with leisure time too?

When I feel the day was not wasted.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
hamster_1240313c.jpg

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
That's not productivity, that's a hobby! See the euphoric look in the hamster's eyes.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
When everything on my daily list is crossed off.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For me it's not really about work.... I always have productive days at work. During the slow season, I get everything done that there is to do, and during the busy season, I get what needs to be done, done. :shrug:

But at home, productivity usually means getting chores/housework/projects done, as well has having time to relax.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Being able to extract maximum happiness from my obligated daily activities & free time.

rav3n

(Value) Productivity = ratio between input and output
(Emotion) Satisfaction = gratification, fulfillment, reparation or vindication

Value based emotional fulfillment. For myself, the fulfillment comes from applying the output of the output aka income towards pleasurable fulfillment.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Productivity is creating or increasing the value of goods and services in an economy, relative to the cost of inputs.

I derive very little personal satisfaction from productive actions, certainly not enough to equal the pain involved; productivity and satifaction tend to be inversely related on my part. Any temporary correlation between the two is a happy accident.