• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Loving God?

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
I'm not a man! I'm a chick!

Yes but consider the simplicity of this wonderful theory.

You like life now. Thinking of becoming nothing scares and pains you. Hence,

Life > Nothingness

BUT a hard life is worst than a happy life.

Happy life > Hard Life

BUT, goodness knows why, but God, who is the infinite and who made heaven and that is "everexpanding", is a source of joy. I don't know why either, but his spirit = joy.

Hence, everything was a gift.

Eternal joy > Beats the crap outta everything else. Happy in the way you're never happy before, with no despair attached to it. You just cant feel anything else, that's the kind of love and peace attached to it. Not only that, you get to roam eternity for ever. If you want to spent ages and ages sleeping, thats fine too. At least you have choice.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Yes but I told you that if you're SATISFIED with this life then you dont need God and you never will. However it was promised in the bible that nothing on earth will be good enough to last us for eternal joy.

But if you're NOT satisfied with this life, that is why God is my happiness. I told you his spirit is joy, without anything there at all!! Erm, how to explain: You're just happy cos you're happy! People are like... why are you happy? Why are you smiling? I dunno cos Jesus lives in me so I'm just happy. And everyone goes like: CRACKPOT

Since Hell is a place away from God, and I say that earth is already the equivalent of Hell, I do not mean that there's sulfur all around! LMAO. I mean to say thats why sadness, sickness, everything exists. THat's hell!
I know/have known plenty of uppity/happy people that don't acknowledge a faith or at least pay little attention to it. It's a personality thing and/or living in a sort of ignorance (thinking that you are cared for and you get to live an after life in the clouds among streets made of gold). Just as I have known happy Christians, I have known melancholy, sad and Christians that struggle with depression... My parents tried to relate my natural melancholy/subdued personality to my lack of god in my life. Ive always been this way. Even when I thought I believed/followed/worshiped a god (living on my parent's faith in my younger days). Happiness does not equate God.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I know/have known plenty of uppity/happy people that don't acknowledge a faith or at least pay little attention to it. It's a personality thing and/or living in a sort of ignorance (thinking that you are cared for and you get to live an after life in the clouds among streets made of gold). Just as I have known happy Christians, I have known melancholy, sad and Christians that struggle with depression...
Absolutely.

And Possum, some people disagreeing with you are probably Christians. They'd just like some actual proof besides happy feelings....:doh:

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Yea hey ^^ Didn't I tell you that sometimes in the past I CRIEd and I yelled God where are you? Arent you real?

Well recently, I did the thing I feared the most, I ran up in front of a big crowd of people to touch a speaker cos I saw people in church falling down. I've watched it happen before many times, and I got tired of being the watcher. I know the bible verse says "Draw near to God, and he'll draw near to you". In fact, I've come to learn that God wouldn't touch someone who didn't want to be touched. I asked the speaker to touch me with his annointing. He did, and I fell down too.

and I felt it, I felt God and I can never turn my back and deny it again. in fact, the certainty, and the faith of God being there is what drives someone to stand up and be strong. i know alot of Christians who tell me they never experience God like i do. but they are in churches that simply do not believe that God works miracles today. Jesus will lift you out of the pit, but not out of the armchair.

i have come to trust in him enough to do praise and worship whenever things are going wrong in my life. Planetshakers church is famous in that sense, the bible verse says "CAST your burdens onto God." It means throw! My fears of not being in a relationship? I just yell at God whenever I'm afraid: God! You get me married! I trust you. You made me and you WANT me to be happy. so you arrange for me to meet who you want me to...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Yea hey ^^ Didn't I tell you that sometimes in the past I CRIEd and I yelled God where are you? Arent you real?

Well recently, I did the thing I feared the most, I ran up in front of a big crowd of people to touch a speaker cos I saw people in church falling down. I've watched it happen before many times, and I got tired of being the watcher. I know the bible verse says "Draw near to God, and he'll draw near to you". In fact, I've come to learn that God wouldn't touch someone who didn't want to be touched. I asked the speaker to touch me with his annointing. He did, and I fell down too.

and I felt it, I felt God and I can never turn my back and deny it again. in fact, the certainty, and the faith of God being there is what drives someone to stand up and be strong. i know alot of Christians who tell me they never experience God like i do. but they are in churches that simply do not believe that God works miracles today. Jesus will lift you out of the pit, but not out of the armchair.

i have come to trust in him enough to do praise and worship whenever things are going wrong in my life. Planetshakers church is famous in that sense, the bible verse says "CAST your burdens onto God." It means throw! My fears of not being in a relationship? I just yell at God whenever I'm afraid: God! You get me married! I trust you. You made me and you WANT me to be happy. so you arrange for me to meet who you want me to...
I don't know if you'll believe me, but I've been "slain in the spirit" too. Like I said I was active at church and stuff in my younger days. Your emotions can play a number on your mind. This is how I feel. I respect your beliefs and have no desire to try to sway your beliefs, this is just how I feel.

sassafrassquatch

InternetArgument.jpg

Blank-Facepalm.gif

AAAAAAAARRGGHHHH!!!!!1

Are you so obtuse that you can't imagine anyone not wanting to spend eternity with your imaginary friend?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
i have no doubts that you have a relationship with something out there, i'd jsut ask you to be careful. the difference is that you'll know it's God's spirit is that a "peace descends on you that transcends all understanding", you'll probably end up crying tears of joy. (happened to everyone i knew).

but if you were being asked to destroy something, you'll know it's not God's spirit. the reason why, after i felt the presence of God (for me its at church), i knew that it was the Christian God, was because my heart leaped when i heard of eternity, and the unconditional love message tallied with the feeling.

i have mentioned non Christian friends who have felt the touch from God and feeling life just spring up from them, of a withered flower coming to life and blooming. they can forget that feeling within a day or two, and life just goes back to "normal".

I think we will get along then. My problem only comes when Christians try to tell me that my relationship with God is inferior to theirs because they have accepted Jesus as their Savior. To think that God would care about such trivial matters is laughable. God is about choosing to be a part of the whole, the one, the entirety, not about dogma.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
thats really cute where did you get such pictures like that did u photoshop it

Sure ^^ If God's an imaginary friend, well WOO! I lived a happy life. And he sure is empowering me to do crazy things, if not I would still be sitting in front of my PS2 right now, playing Time Crisis 3 and DDR. That, my friends, was my religion. Or oh, maybe Tyra Banks! I could spend all my life trying to look like her or be like her cos she's perfect, she's a goddess!

See ^^ that's what the bible meant for false idols. I could sit around waiting for some hot guy to marry. But God wants to empower YOU, so I can be as strong as I want and never have to spend my life trying to dress up and please some guy! or be stuck with some guy for the rest of my life...eww. how lame.

But then, with as much certainty as the fact that im a chick and not a dude, (I SAY I AM no one else should tell me no), I know God is there ^_^ Stab me, or grind me to smithereens, I'm so sure of it that if someone wants to stab me, I'll say "Ok BUT JESUS IS REAL Y'KNOW". And then I'll die smiling.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
I think we will get along then. My problem only comes when Christians try to tell me that my relationship with God is inferior to theirs because they have accepted Jesus as their Savior. To think that God would care about such trivial matters is laughable. God is about choosing to be a part of the whole, the one, the entirety, not about dogma.

Christians aren't supposed to judge! Only God knows how close we are to him. You can learn some bible verses and quote it back at them, that way they'll learn from it.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Christians aren't supposed to judge! Only God knows how close we are to him. You can learn some bible verses and quote it back at them, that way they'll learn from it.

I'm bisexual. I'm very used to experiencing that "non-judging" quality in most Christians. :rolli:

I actually admire the religion very much for what Jesus taught. But the Bible's stance on homosexuality is pretty clear. God hates fags.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Well the problem with being homosexual is that the world hates you. People can't understand what's wrong with you, because social concept is so strong that they're wrong. They're the ones who keep yelling at you, people avoid you, and all this sort of stuff happens. Also, confusion can occur in homosexual relationships.

The thing is, God doesnt hate anyone, he sees one sin just as bad as the other, or Jesus wouldnt have been surrounded by taxpayers and prostitutes. He made us and he loves all, but he hates sin. However, he sees what we have the potential to become. (He's intuitive!) People can't see what happens in one another's minds, but being homo is really such a small thing. We can even rape people in our minds, the only reason we dont do it, is cos it might be a hassle against the law, for instance. It's hard for me to explain this some Christians, but since growing in God is a process, its possible to be a Christian and unable to give up certain aspects of our lives. Others may only see our faults, but its our weaknesses that God always wants to change.

sassafrassquatch

Even if I were convinced to go back to Christianity what am I supposed to believe?

Creation: Young Earth Creationism, Old Earth Creationism, Intelligent Design, Theistic Evolution, etc.

The Bible: Infallibility? Divine inspiration? Which books? How reliable? Is it at all useful?

Salvation: Armenianism, Calvinism (How many points ot the TULIP?), Universalism, Anihilationism, Purgatory, Eternal Hell, Temporary Hell, No Hell?

The Nature of God: Trinitarianism, Binitarianism, Unitarianism, Modalism, The Godhead, Arianism?

Eschatology: Amillennialism, Postmillennialism, Premillennialism (pre tribulation rapture, mid tribulation rapture, post tribulation rapture, no rapture), Dispensationalism?

I think you can see my problem with Christianity. No one knows what the fuck they're talking about. You could tell me it's not about dogma and it doesn't matter what I believe as long as I love God and everyone else or whatever. Fine. Your opinion goes on the pile with thousands of others.

How is anyone supposed to figure out what this tricky bastard wants from us?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Well the problem with being homosexual is that the world hates you. People can't understand what's wrong with you, because social concept is so strong that they're wrong. They're the ones who keep yelling at you, people avoid you, and all this sort of stuff happens. Also, confusion can occur in homosexual relationships.

The thing is, God doesnt hate anyone, he sees one sin just as bad as the other, or Jesus wouldnt have been surrounded by taxpayers and prostitutes. He made us and he loves all, but he hates sin. However, he sees what we have the potential to become. (He's intuitive!) People can't see what happens in one another's minds, but being homo is really such a small thing. We can even rape people in our minds, the only reason we dont do it, is cos it might be a hassle against the law, for instance. It's hard for me to explain this some Christians, but since growing in God is a process, its possible to be a Christian and unable to give up certain aspects of our lives. Others may only see our faults, but its our weaknesses that God always wants to change.

Homosexuality = Sin

God hates sin.

Therefore God hates homosexuals.

Sorry, but that is the sell I've grown up with, and its why I can't percieve the Christian God as a Loving God. A Loving God would not create homosexuals just to condemn them for following through with the love he put in their hearts. That is what a sick, sadistic God would do.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Why do you need all those theories and words above for? Human logic doesnt apply to God cos hes God, i can just imagine a bunch of people arguing what God is, and then he appears and they'll just be like O.O Indescribable.

Er you can start by getting baptized in the Holy Spirit. The problem is, the bible doesnt make sense to people who don't have the Holy Spirit. He's sorta like, a read along companion. Thats why Jesus said "Matthew 13: 11 The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them". If you receive the Holy Spirit you will feel different for a while, sometimes you'll get thoughts of wisdom that could have never occured to you otherwise. Or you may start seeing things in a new, strange yet true perspective!

Start with Matthews in the bible. That's all. Jackie Pullinger went to Hong Kong and couldn't speak Cantonese, but all she had was Matthews translated. One time, she gave a copy of it to some convicts, and oh my, when she visited them in jail 2 weeks later, they could all speak in tongues! And she was like @_@ what the. But all you did was read Matthew. But then they believed and God worked on them that way.

Then there's church, while you may be an introvert (I'm an extrovert and I was really shy when I first went) is the best place to get a touch from God. Sure, churchies can be REALLY annoying, especially self righteous people, but you must try to grit your teeth and not scream at them. I called it lame shits the first time I went. Having fellowship really helps, I have had church friends call me up and say: Hey God asked us to pray for you in times I've really needed help!

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Why do you need all those theories and words above for? Human logic doesnt apply to God cos hes God, i can just imagine a bunch of people arguing what God is, and then he appears and they'll just be like O.O Indescribable.

Er you can start by getting baptized in the Holy Spirit. The problem is, the bible doesnt make sense to people who don't have the Holy Spirit. He's sorta like, a read along companion. Thats why Jesus said "Matthew 13: 11 The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them". If you receive the Holy Spirit you will feel different for a while, sometimes you'll get thoughts of wisdom that could have never occured to you otherwise. Or you may start seeing things in a new, strange yet true perspective!

Start with Matthews in the bible. That's all. Jackie Pullinger went to Hong Kong and couldn't speak Cantonese, but all she had was Matthews translated. One time, she gave a copy of it to some convicts, and oh my, when she visited them in jail 2 weeks later, they could all speak in tongues! And she was like @_@ what the. But all you did was read Matthew. But then they believed and God worked on them that way.

Then there's church, while you may be an introvert (I'm an extrovert and I was really shy when I first went) is the best place to get a touch from God. Sure, churchies can be REALLY annoying, especially self righteous people, but you must try to grit your teeth and not scream at them. I called it lame shits the first time I went. Having fellowship really helps, I have had church friends call me up and say: Hey God asked us to pray for you in times I've really needed help!

If you have really been touched by God, then you will understand that there are many different paths. Mine is not through the righteous masses, church, and definitely not the Bible. Mine is a solitary love and appreciation for God.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Hey, homosexuality is a choice so its a sin, its not your being. No, God doesn't hate YOU for what you chose to become. Sin = the choices you made that was a disobedience to God. Ask yourself very honestly. When you "feel" for a member the same sex as you, is it because you find them physically attractive? appearance wise? because that's not really love, its more like lust. lust isnt healthy. Often, when we lust for someone, all we want to do is erm... @#$%^ them. We may not even know what their characteristic is.

Really loving someone can take a long time. Real kinda love should feel like a really good, warm friendship, it is respect and honour. Someone who loves you isnt' thinking of taking off your clothes most of the time, but wants the best for you. They wouldn't be thinking for themself.

I used to watch yaoi alot. I can understand why that sort of physical attraction and physical appeal. You know, desiring and coveting for something that ain't there..it can really hurt.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well the problem with being homosexual is that the world hates you. People can't understand what's wrong with you, because social concept is so strong that they're wrong. They're the ones who keep yelling at you, people avoid you, and all this sort of stuff happens.

Time is the only thing that can change that. 50 years ago, blacks had virtually no rights, and were pretty much despised in most of the southern USA. Now, while things are not perfect, they have come a LONG way. The same can, and most likely will happen with regard to public opinion of gays. As it is now, my generation is much, much more positive/tolerant towards gays/minorities/whatever else our parents discriminated against.

Also, confusion can occur in homosexual relationships.

Not quite sure what you mean, but I've been pretty damn confused for at least parts of most of my relationships. (I'm straight).

The thing is, God doesnt hate anyone, he sees one sin just as bad as the other, or Jesus wouldnt have been surrounded by taxpayers and prostitutes. He made us and he loves all, but he hates sin.

Well, looking around the world, he must be pretty damn angry then.

If you believe in most things enough, they will become true to you. (Same reason placebo's "work" on many people).

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
well, i love God. so now i'd like the best for him and not myself. i trust that God wouldnt just make a world but leave it as it is, hence he commissioned men to write the bible as a manual and guide to their life. so i follow what it says. he says that fellowship with other Christians is good. so far, everything God has told me has proven good and wise.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Hey, homosexuality is a choice so its a sin, its not your being.

That's your judgement. I thought Christians weren't allowed to judge.

No, God doesn't hate YOU for what you chose to become. Sin = the choices you made that was a disobedience to God. Ask yourself very honestly. When you "feel" for a member the same sex as you, is it because you find them physically attractive? appearance wise? because that's not really love, its more like lust. lust isnt healthy. Often, when we lust for someone, all we want to do is erm... @#$%^ them. We may not even know what their characteristic is.

When I feel for someone of the same sex, just like the opposite sex, I have to love them. I have to want to be with them, emotionally and spiritually connected to them. I can't have lust for someone that I don't feel that way about. One again you are passing judgement.

Really loving someone can take a long time. Real kinda love should feel like a really good, warm friendship, it is respect and honour. Someone who loves you isnt' thinking of taking off your clothes most of the time, but wants the best for you. They wouldn't be thinking for themself.

Don't I know it.

I used to watch yaoi alot. I can understand why that sort of physical attraction and physical appeal. You know, desiring and coveting for something that ain't there..it can really hurt.

And yet so many people find it.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Time is the only thing that can change that. 50 years ago, blacks had virtually no rights, and were pretty much despised in most of the southern USA.

Yea but there have been homosexuals stated in the bible, thats about 2000 years ago. There have been generations and generations of them despised. If let's say I'm homo today, and I wait 50 years to raise my mantle and head up to society, i've lived 50 years despised.

then again, people get despised for alot of things. Racial inequality, where people cannot understand that they are one and the same race.

Well, looking around the world, he must be pretty damn angry then.

Well, if he was really angry he would have punished us all by now. We insult him all the time but he says wait, the judgement day will come. If someone stabbed my nearest and dearest best friend, why didn't God kill the murderer. Maybe he sees something in that fellow I can't, that maybe that guy will change and become a wonderful person.

The reason he's not punishing us, is because he loves us and is still waiting for us to come to repentance. George Bush declared war in God's name. Everyone starts saying Christianity is bad and wrong. Did God kill Bush? Even if God knew Bush did the wrong thing?