• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Loving God?

sassafrassquatch

For you n00bs who don't know, I'm a christian turned atheist/nihilist/existentialist/satanist (the Laveyan kind). I don't have a negative view of life, I accept it for what it is. I think we're at the tail end of the crappy part of human existence, in a century or two the earth will be a kick ass place to live. Provided we don't fuck up in an epic way.

I don't believe in your god or any other god or anything which could be described as supernatural, spiritual and the like.

I argue against god hypothetically. It's cathartic. You think there's a god? Ok, let's say there's a god.

If a god does exist, fuck him. If you believe in God and think he's doing a great job, fuck you.

On human suffering, I'm not saying God should end all human suffering and we should spend our days blissfully singing happy happy joy joy without a care in the world. I just think God should step in when things get out of control like genocide, famine, plagues, war. Maybe snuff out the really bad diseases like HIV, cancer, ebola, the plague. I don't mind the occasional cold. A little conflict makes life interesting.

On God's master plan in the context of which all this doesn't look so bad: fuck that. I don't want to play your God's little game. He doesn't own me, he has no right to tell me what to do. He can leave me the fuck alone.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Take everything as an exception because God is my passion. I did see a change in the way I wrote on my blog - and I am self aware of this. I wrote some stuff last year, and it was about very technical things that interested me - usually social issues, such as children's fairytales. I was a reporter with The New Paper, Singapore and that was when I wrote that article about the girl who committed suicide and a few others. Those were topics that interested me. My favourite writer was Maddox, and I agreed with every social commentary he ever made!

You know, if you've watched the movie Borat, (and it's a scripted documentary) when "Borat" walked into the church, one of the US senators was in there, jumping about during praise and worship. All I can say that when it comes to God, I can't apply human logic to it and just say everything I think and feel, and nothing has ever meant or felt this much to me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:) sorry- but from the first post I read it was like reading a post by my very ESFP sister! :laugh: (who isn't fond of being hugged and such either- check out fluffy Ts and cold Fs!)

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
oh my. maybe you're right about being ESFP.

Erm, about that:

God gave you the free will to make that choice Sassa but its hard to pee upwards because gravity pulls things down. Its hard to say you dont want to grow hair cos it keeps growing whether you like it or not. Whether I like it or not, I'm gonna get my period. Unless, I kill myself.

You see, the unless is... if you kill yourself.

Its difficult for a pot to fight the potter, like those Bugs Bunny cartoons where the cartoon tries to fight the animator. I wouldnt say I was far from hating God 2 years ago I even wrote in my blog my best friend said I was the anti Christ. I remember walking into church and saying it was lame shit. You made the choice to be left alone by him or so thats the way its gonna be. You'll never be with him.

I wouldn't have walked back into church ever, if I hadn't met a really intelligent girl in my university who changed me mind just by my watching the way she lived her life. I saw that it is wise, and I saw that she made good choices. She was an INTP, but she didn't look down on herself. I wanted to know her secret. That was why I tried out church camp...just once. It was seeing the way they lead their life that changed my mind. It wasn't the spiritual experiences - I did not fully believe in God till much later, though I stuck to the church at first because they were good and educated people I enjoyed talking to.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
What med school are you currently attending?

What courses are you taking?

What text books are you currently reading?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, that one was meant to be a joke!

Interestingly enough, it was a question in Reader's Digest and scientists have no idea why men have nipples! I know God is not gonna tell me stuff like that in this life but I'll wait :)
Oh man, I take it that you're fully unaware of human developmental biology.

PUT DOWN THE BIBLE, AND READ A BOOK!!!!!

heart

heart on fire
Originally Posted by hungrypossum
Well, that one was meant to be a joke!

Interestingly enough, it was a question in Reader's Digest and scientists have no idea why men have nipples! I know God is not gonna tell me stuff like that in this life but I'll wait

Assembly line style production. Proof there is no personal God.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Hey I just read the ESFP page, and I could be wrong, but my theory is that I am ESTP, I love arguing, and that since God is the truth to me and I can say that since I've touched him, I'll stick by and superglue myself to the cross no matter what anyone says.

University of Melbourne!

The newest 2008 Melbourne Model!

I'm doing Masters of Nursing science :)

My current textbook is anatomy and physiology by thibodeau :) Its semester one and we start in march!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: what you underestimate- not even I am willing to take on an ESFP in an argument- they win! :cry:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
;) sorry- fearing that you weren't seeing something that was obvious to the rest of us- like the log in you're eye with the splinter in the neighbors! :)

You really DO seem like the embodiment of the ESFP instead of the ESTP! :laugh:

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
"SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.

New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______. Perhaps it's the newness of life that attracts ESFPs to elementary education, especially to preschool and kindergarten.

ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence.

Almost every ESFP loves to talk. Some can be identified by the twenty minute conversation required to ask or answer a simple factual question. "

:D Though I don't like children or animals.

sassafrassquatch

I'm guessing that you're telling me I have some irresistible attraction to your god.

No. I don't.

Let me tell you why I'm not a christian anymore. It's because I realized that there are so many contradictory doctrines and everyone has their own version of things and a big stack of books detailing why they're right. There are 38,000 christian denominations in the world. How am I, in all my human falibility, supposed to figure out which one if any is understanding God correctly? Some say the details don't matter, God just wants you to be good and love him and everyone else. Others say you have to get every little detail right or God will lay a righteous smack down on your mortal ass. Fine. Those are just two of thousands of opinions.

Any God capable of creating the universe in all its complexity ought to be able to communicate his intentions for humanity effectively. Right now everything I know leads me to believe Christianity and every other religion is just a human creation.

If your god or any other would like to show himself to me, fine. After I've had a CAT scan and a full psychiatric evaluation I'll accept his existence. But I will never worship anyone or anything.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
For you n00bs who don't know, I'm a christian turned atheist/nihilist/existentialist/satanist (the Laveyan kind). I don't have a negative view of life, I accept it for what it is. I think we're at the tail end of the crappy part of human existence, in a century or two the earth will be a kick ass place to live. Provided we don't fuck up in an epic way.

I don't believe in your god or any other god or anything which could be described as supernatural, spiritual and the like.

I argue against god hypothetically. It's cathartic. You think there's a god? Ok, let's say there's a god.

If a god does exist, fuck him. If you believe in God and think he's doing a great job, fuck you.

On human suffering, I'm not saying God should end all human suffering and we should spend our days blissfully singing happy happy joy joy without a care in the world. I just think God should step in when things get out of control like genocide, famine, plagues, war. Maybe snuff out the really bad diseases like HIV, cancer, ebola, the plague. I don't mind the occasional cold. A little conflict makes life interesting.

On God's master plan in the context of which all this doesn't look so bad: fuck that. I don't want to play your God's little game. He doesn't own me, he has no right to tell me what to do. He can leave me the fuck alone.
The obvious is... You believe in GOD. I believe He created you, but you don't have to follow or understand Him. If you want to be a bitter, little man... be my guest. *shrugging shoulders* You'll get what you want, and it doesn't mean a thing to me.

As far as those who believe in Him, there is a reason why we believe. Everyone's experience has been different, and mine was life changing. No doubt, there has been a huge portion of my life that I was bitter and confused about Him, but thankfully, not anymore. Oh, and I don't expect to understand everything, but I hope to understand at some point.

My 2-cents...

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Yea I think God is smart this way - what else in the world preaches unconditional love. 1) Learn to love God, 2) Learn to love your neighbour. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn the other. WHOA! I'm still dealing with that, if someone slaps me on one cheek, I'll turn one full circle and swing my arm back at him!

Everyone else in the world wonders: WHAT? Love that..stranger? my enemy? that idiot? Thats not logic.

Actually, the logic is...if everyone in the world loves one another... there'd be no war, we'd be sitting in the sun relaxing.. i can walk into your backyard, you into mine..... you get the drift.

We humans aint ever good enough to go to heaven anyway - God just wants us to accept that fact. Most everyone knows what centres about Christianity is Jesus, and with that message comes love. 38000 christian denominations, i know some christians who havent had the privilege of touching God like I did. they believe in their bible (which amazes me, i lack that faith in itself i think!) but i've seen them do great things. my bible study leader was a double degree in commerce and law, and she was Melbourne uni's valedictorian award winner :( i only found out she wasnt that simple law student at her graduation! And i was like.. but but.. you spent every monday giving bible classes??