• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Religion - Nihilism - Existentialism - ???

Nicodemus

See when you tell me that what I've stated I've been subjectively thinking is false, the conversation's over.
You could counter by saying that it is true, which is actually true. No one seriously doubts that Nietzsche went insane. There are accounts of his behavior in Turin, his singing, dancing, embracing, crying, brooding, calling for women. For the next ten years, until his death, he was, after all, a chronic invalide. 'Ecce homo', which is clearly of a lesser artistic value than most of his former works, is a good indicator for his condition. Read the 'Wahnbriefe' for confirmation.

But if all Zarathustra wanted to express is that his main thoughts did emerge prior to his aberration, that they simply evolved also in this period of his life, he is quite right. There is, however, no denying that he wrote his final works not only in contemplation of his ideas, but also on the brink of the madness to come.

Edit: I just noticed that the Ãœbermensch said 'false' more than once. Since I spent too much time typing this to delete it now, I will just add that I am referring to the second 'false'.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
See when you tell me that what I've stated I've been subjectively thinking is false, the conversation's over.

I was not stating that it was false that you had been thinking what you claimed, but that what you had been thinking was false.

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I thought that would've been obvious. I should have started the ellipsis several words later.

Lark

I was not stating that it was false that you had been thinking what you claimed, but that what you had been thinking was false.

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I thought that would've been obvious. I should have started the ellipsis several words later.

One of the many online discussion moments when I'm tempted to think "Yeah, because you can read minds and all and I, a stranger, am an open book..." perhaps I misunderstood but I was making a point about what I was thinking rather than making a citation from authority after all. Otherwise I'd just have posted a link and left it at that.