• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PEARLS of WISDOM...

Lark

one last before bed:

"They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) ...although the order of the groups in this speech have been argued for many a year,the general gist of this famous quote by Pastor Niemöller is an excellent example of Karma.

Karma? Really? I've heard that quote before but never heard it linked with karma, cheers :)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Be careful what you wish for- you might get it.

I know it's cliche sounding but it's so true.

T

ThatGirl

I just pictured you with your jeans around your ankles, scoot walking to the neighbors house, asking for spare toilet paper.

"BTW, my name is Doug, I am your new neighbor."

A

A window to the soul

"Leaders instill in their people a hope for success and a belief in themselves.
Positive leaders empower people to accomplish their goals."

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
once you return from the belly of the beast
you're never quite the same

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
When thrown, pearls of wisdoms make a loud "knock" on hitting an ENTJ swine's head.

Missed pearls give a sound of "splush" on hitting the mud.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Those dead, washed-up jellyfish on the beach? They STILL STING.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
be persistent, but don't be stubborn- be resilient. don't give up trying, but keep trying new methods- insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Share your pearls of wisdom with us!

The title pretty much says it all, but I'll elaborate. You can talk about money or Monet, Plato or play dough, be as lofty or as grounded as you want.

If there's a story behind your wisdom, I encourage you to share it. Feel free to tie it into typology if you like, but it's definitely not necessary.

Obviously, I can't stop you from arguing, but I would prefer it if we just tried to respect the conclusions other people have come to about their life on this planet.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm... if there's one thing I've learned, it's this: Never hand over your heart to someone on a silver platter. Its value will increase manifold if one has to work to earn your love and trust.

As for the story behind this - the wounds are still fresh. :cry: I don't care if he never comes back; because if he does, the flames of my anguish will consume him, and I don't want things to come to that.