• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's necessary to live an interesting life?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Do you need perfect information to notice if someone or something's reliable? All you need is enough to be convinced yourself.
That s precisely what i said, but i also assumed that any claim made without any kind of empirical proof can be dismissed just as easily.
I don't think it's bad to recognize my need to have faith in something bigger than better than myself.
Have faith in me then, at least i can be proven quite reliably as existing and im not more complex than the models of the systems i m supposed to be explaining.
Delusions are dangerous to me and society in general, i have a right to be worried by people making claims that if not tagged as religious would be considered as signs of clinical insanity

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Being true to yourself despite opposition
Having something you're passionate about
Open to trying new things
Curiosity

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
This is a good question. Mainly because it leads to the more important question: Why would anyone choose a boring life? Boring from their perspective of course. If you find something interesting, then why not do it? Why is it so engrained in our minds that it needs to be safe? It's weird. If you have only one ride, why not make it as interesting as you can? Don't burn the candle at the both ends, why not, I already know how it looks like when you burn only the other end...

I don't see how a boring life filled with boring things you hate doing would even be worth living. Actually I think that suicide should be embraced to point out that our life really is ours. There should be suicide parties, a bit like funerals but so that the suicider is still alive and will say goodbye to everyone and have a huge party with all of his money, and then kill himself. Or not, if he doesn't want to. I think this would make us appreciate life a lot more.

Well, the point was that death is too big a taboo and ruins the living if you take it too seriously. We are here and we should enjoy ourselves. This, of course, doesn't mean that my life is a constant party. I don't enjoy too much partying. I enjoy many things people consider boring. Like reading and thinking.

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
Knowing yourself, knowing what's important to you and doing it with courage and within boundaries of possibility.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't know for sure. My definition for interesting is in a continuous change and upgrade. My intrestingness is my treasure, and I'll never run out of interesting things to do/think/examine, but will that make my life interesting? The things in my life may be interesting, but is my life interesting because of that? The excitement/thrill of something new and maybe weird, something apparently incomprehensible.
Interesting things stay interesting for a while, after that you need new things.

Wouldn't an interesting life be interesting only for a while? And after that you'll need to change it in order to still be interesting?

Falcon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
To live an interesting life, I think that you need to have a mind receptive to new information, with the courage to explore and do things that make sense but are disapproved socially. Otherwise, you live a life conditioned by existing social norms and customs which, although socially safe, will usually bring you to an average life.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'd like my life to be more interesting, because otherwhise I'd be less bored. But I don't mind that my life isn't perfectly interesting, it can still be filled up with interesting things. It's pretty flexible. I personally don't care if other people have interesting lifes. I like it when they have interesting stories to tell and when they're interesting people themselves. All I really want to be, is an interesting person who has interesting things to tell. I search for interesting stories that I can tell, I don't exactly have a bible full of them, but I'm on my way, and I think I have an interesting personality. I'm quickly bored and I don't want to be ordinary because it bores me. I think I'd be a good action movie character, if I didn't lack the physical strength. Or maybe I'd be a good character in a thriller, maybe even better.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm totally biased, but I think to live a full life, you need to do something that shakes up and alters your consciousness in a big way, multiple times, in order to have the most full perspective on life. Not getting super drunk or retarded things like that, but once-in-a-long-time experiences.... like taking

- Taking San Pedro mescaline in Peru
- Some hectic base diving/jumping
- LSD or mushrooms in a good environment and setting among friends, or by yourself, but someone near by.
- Go on one of those volunteer groups who try rescue people in hostage situations
- Take pure MDMA and go raving in Goa, India to some psytrance
- Sex on the roof of a Bhuddest temple, with the Dalai Lama nearby

You'll noticed a lot of those included drug taking. All those activities will alter your experience and brain chemistry in some way. With the non-drug extreme experiences, that's mostly adrenaline and dopamine. Actually, I'm bias, there's a lot more there. But certain psychedelic drugs can really get right in there, and make things interesting. Psychedelics + extreme physical acts... not that's XTREME interesting.

bai_lin83

waking up and responding to the inner devil or angel in you.. or both? LOL
Having zest to do things and be part of something...