• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spiritually Speaking.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I got slapped inside out and I'm spiritual apparently.
<--- points to new avatar. :hi:

I feel a little bit different.
Talk to me about being spiritual?

What does being spiritual mean to you?
What does being non spiritual mean to you?
What's the difference in being atheist, agnostic, spiritual and religious?

Why are there different beliefs for universal energy?
Why are these beliefs breaking down universal energy into plurals?
Define the parameters of this plural belief?
Would assigning plurals to universal energy be our limiter or expander in our spiritual experience?
What does divinity mean?
What does sacred mean?
What does faith mean?
What does belief mean?

gromit

likes this
Spirituality is about connection to me. A sense of something greater, whether it's nature, God, the human community. You feel you are a part of something... cosmic (?)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I consider myself spritual, but I really have no idea what that means. So, I'm going to try to attempt the answer your questions. Maybe I'll figure some new stuff out about myself. Or maybe it'll be an incoherant mess. :shrug:

When it comes down to it I think spirituality means that you believe that there is a higher ideal to asipre to, and you wish to work towards that ideal.

What does being non spiritual mean to you?
It entirely depends. Some people don't like to acknowledge the idea of an ideal to aspire to, because the nature of such an ideal is inherantly mystical. There is no way to get from the materialistic, this is how things work, to the idealistic, this how things should work without making an unsubstantiated, non logical claim. But I find that even those people often meet my definition of spiritual. Someone who is in my eyes non-spiritual, is not interested in self improvement for anything other than hedonistic reasons.

What's the difference in being atheist, agnostic, spiritual and religious?
Well, I think all of the above can be spiritual, but being athiestic, agnostic and religious is not an indicator of that.

Why are there different beliefs for universal energy?
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, and I can't translate this to my symbol map. Anything within a universe is related.

Why are these beliefs breaking down universal energy into plurals?
Well, as a general answer, minds are differentiators. We survive by breaking things down into pieces, this is the basis for conciousness. The universe reflects on our mind like a scene in a broken mirror. This is natural.

Define the parameters of this plural belief?
?^^^?

Whew, I don't think I can tackle the rest of the questions. I might try again later.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Thanks

Also What's the difference between Traditional and Non-Traditional views? Why are there so many?

I think why I'm asking and exploring the views is I just don't know what to think since September, somethings changed. :shrug:

Lark

Thanks

Also What's the difference between Traditional and Non-Traditional views? Why are there so many?

I think why I'm asking and exploring the views is I just don't know what to think since September, somethings changed. :shrug:

All your answers are in one book actually. Jung's Modern Man In Search For His Soul.

It doesnt make sense before you've gone through the sort of experience I think you're describing here.

Mole

Permabanned
The Spirit and Moral Courage

We all know an army stands of falls on its morale.

Another way of saying this is that a moral army succeeds and an army without morals fails.

And the greatest moral virtue is moral courage.

But moral courage is rare and is often beaten by emotional embarrassment.

So it is now time to leave our emotional embarrassment at home and show our moral courage in public.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh what the strange...

I just typed out some perspective on this with my sore wrist...twice...and twice it got wiped accidentally. :doh:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
All your answers are in one book actually. Jung's Modern Man In Search For His Soul.

It doesnt make sense before you've gone through the sort of experience I think you're describing here.

Maybe, would be an interesting read.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What comes to mind when reading these statement.

Flawed Premise #14. There is a God Who, having considered all things, has come to a final and correct conclusion about everything.

Flawed Premise #15. You cannot know, while you are still in your physical body, the true reward or punishment for your physical actions. Your reward or punishment will be shown to you after your physical death.

Flawed Premise #16. By gathering data about the manifestations or results of the way the people of the earth have lived and are living, we can effectively sort them into absolute piles of right and wrong. And once these determinations have been made, we then have only to enforce those conclusions. And once we get everyone to agree with our determinations-and, more important, once we get them to comply with them-we will then have harmony on Earth.

Flawed Premise #17. Only very special people, like the founder of our group, can receive the right message from God. And all other messages from all other messengers are therefore incorrect.

I should write out the pages explaining them too but each time I tried got lost in translation.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I thought that having a plural entity feels like creating secularism, while an entity is accepted feels its just as exclusive and esoteric as any other traditional and non traditional view for being plural rather than all encompassing.

As a child I thought but how do we know the energy we call God isn't misleading. For all we know there could of been a bunch of entities and each got assigned to respective galaxies and God got the short straw and moved away from a collective universal consciousness into a splinter consciousness!?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you are on the right track, and I agree with the flawed premesis that you posted, though I am not sure where you got them from?

I found that when I explored these subjects it was one thing entirely to know something intellectually, and it was another to truly know it. The progression towards truth never advanced for me when truths were written and extrapolated like geometry proofs. it was only until I could fully achieve a type of gnosis that I knew I was getting somewhere. And the tricky thing is, knowing things on that level does not mean that those things are easily explainable, or even explainable at all.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I never considered myself spiritual because I don't believe in anything metaphysical. Nothing I ever experienced was apprehended by something other than the 5th senses. Nothing I ever experienced wasn't experienced by someone else, and has a neurological explanation if you care to delve into it.

But I do dig deeper than most so-called spiritual people into the nature of things. I've recently taken a slight interest on buddhism precisely BECAUSE it doesn't have to be INHERENTLY spiritual, although different areas within buddhism believe in the soul and in reincarnation and in karma biting you in the ass in a more literal sense.

Still, I have nothing but respect for what that Buddha guy was trying to accomplish. He concentrated his life on really digging deep. Truly thinking outside the box. That jives with me. Not being cheap about existence, trying to truly aim for the ideal.

Causality (although I don't know if I believe in pure determinism) , physics and ethics are the only thing I need to deal with the world. At the end of the day I'm an ignostic agnostic.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think you are on the right track, and I agree with the flawed premesis that you posted, though I am not sure where you got them from?

Strangely from a book called the vortex, about relationships and it started talking about religion while talking about sexuality and relationships, was a most curious read.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I read this headline as "Spiritually Spanking".

/leaves disappointed

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
A lot of people think that they can just believe anything they want about God and it will be true. You know, that you can be spiritual in any way that you want, and it will all have the same outcome.

I don't believe this is true, because we live in a world of absolutes. You can choose not to believe in gravity, but if you jump off a cliff, you will be hurt.

You can decide that a rock is your God and you can have "oneness" with the rock, or pray to the rock and it won't do you a bit of good.

You can follow a spiritual teacher, like Jim Baker, and end up committing suicide just because he told you to.

So while you are on your spiritual journey, I would encourage you to look for the truth. What is real? What is true?

Don't be fooled into thinking that your beliefs will not have consequences. Your beliefs define the whole way you live, and that's very important.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of people think that they can just believe anything they want about God and it will be true. You know, that you can be spiritual in any way that you want, and it will all have the same outcome.

I don't believe this is true, because we live in a world of absolutes. You can choose not to believe in gravity, but if you jump off a cliff, you will be hurt.

You can decide that a rock is your God and you can have "oneness" with the rock, or pray to the rock and it won't do you a bit of good.

You can follow a spiritual teacher, like Jim Baker, and end up committing suicide just because he told you to.

So while you are on your spiritual journey, I would encourage you to look for the truth. What is real? What is true?

Don't be fooled into thinking that your beliefs will not have consequences. Your beliefs define the whole way you live, and that's very important.

In respect to the things I've stated, I don't believe them because I want to, I believe them because I've found that they are true. It may seem to you like an exercise in self indulgent fiction, but take my word there has very little self indulging in my search.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'll type out the pages, I thought it was interesting read.

As children, you are often met with adults who have lost Connection with their own sense of value, of Well-Being, and of worthiness; and from that lackful, disconnected state, they pass their guardedness on to you.

Over time, humans evaluate the subject of sexuality endlessly passing new laws; amending old laws; struggling futilely to come to agreement with others about the correct attitude and approach to the subject and, even more futilely, to enforce the laws they create from their lackful positions. Your ruiles or laws about sexuality diverge from culture to culture, generation to generation, society to society, and religion to religion, but in nearly every case, your laws about this and every other subject tend to hinge on the economic impact of the time. And, most important, your sexual laws and rules, like all laws and rules, are made by those who are out of aliment with their broader perspective.

If humans were to understand that you are all vibrational beings and that the law of attraction is bringing to each of you only what you are a vibrational match to, you would not be so concerned about the behavior of others, for you would not fear the behavior negatively impacting you. but in your ignorance about how you do attract what comes, and in your fear that unwanted things will come, you make decisions and laws and rules that are not only impossible to enforce, but that foster even more of the behavior you seek to eliminate. it is always true that the harder you push against what you don't want-the more of what you do not want comes into your experience.

By far, the largest amount of pushing against the subject of sexuality comes from people of various religious groups who believe t hat God has spoken to humans and has given specific instructions regarding the topic. inconsistency of the message man believes he has received accentuates the impossibility if receiving answers from the pure love of source when the receiver is standing in a place of blame or guardedness. the very idea that "what I have received is correct, and what you or others have received is wrong" holds you in the place of resistance to their very source from which you claim to have received it. which leads us to the most important flawed premise of all:

Flawed Premise #14. There is a God Who, having considered all things, has come to a final and correct conclusion about everything.

this belief, or flawed premise, is at the root of man's continual assault on humanity. it is at the basis of your wars, your prejudices, your hatred, and your feelings of unworthiness; and it is your primary reason for disallowing your own well-being. this flawed premise is so important, and the ramification of it are so immense, that we could write an entire book speaking only about man's distorted view of himself, of others, and of that which he calls God. this inaccurate conclusion-that source (no matter what name you want to give it) is no longer expanding but instead stands at a place of completion, or perfection, demanding your physical compliance with its narrow rules-not only defies the laws of the universe, but then requires another flawed premise, and then another and another, to try to prop it up. from outside the vibration of the love of his source, man stands guarded and blameful and guilty and fearful, and then assigns those same lackful characteristic to that which he calls God.

Humanity continues to argue about the laws passed down from God as it bends and twists them to suit individual economic desires or needs. often humans are informed by their religious leaders of the value, or necessity, of keeping these rules. you are told that the keeping of some rules will bring blessings, while the breaking of others will bring punishment; but when you notice that those who are breaking the laws seem to be thriving while those who strive to keep them most are often suffering greatly, you are told one of the greatest flawed premises of all:

Flawed Premise #15. You cannot know, while you are still in your physical body, the true reward or punishment for your physical actions. Your reward or punishment will be shown to you after your physical death.

the loving laws that support all-that-exists are laws that are universal and therefor always apply. and alignment with them is evident in every moment of alignment, just as misalignment with them is evident in every moment. what feels like love, is-and what feels like hate is not love. there are many who want to live in the appropriate way, but sorting out proper behavior from the enormous lists of diversity leaves most people uncertain of the rightness of their path. which leads to yet another flawed premise:

Flawed Premise #16. By gathering data about the manifestations or results of the way the people of the earth have lived and are living, we can effectively sort them into absolute piles of right and wrong. And once these determinations have been made, we then have only to enforce those conclusions. And once we get everyone to agree with our determinations-and, more important, once we get them to comply with them-we will then have harmony on Earth.

and so, more people die every day in the struggle to defend, or prove, which way of life is the correct way, with each group claiming to have the absolute approval and support of God. and, in not one bit of any of that is any true connection to God.

you did not come into this physical body with the intention of taking all of the ideas that exist and whittling them down to a handful of agreed-upon ideas. in fact, that is the very opposite if your prebirth intention. instead, you knew that you would be coming into an environment of extreme variety, and that from that platform of difference and choices would be born more new-and-improved ideas. you understood that the eternal nature of that which humans call God would be enhanced by your participation. you knew that this platform of enormous contrast would be the foundation of the eternal expansion that exists within that which humans call eternity. There is no ending to the expansion of God, and physical humans' participation cannot be separated from that expansion

the most destructive part of humans' confusion about their connection to God or Source is that in their need to find and defend their values, they must push against the values of others. And the very nature of focusing upon and pushing against unwanted aspects of others prevents their alignment with the very goodness ad Source that they seek. and then they blame the differences in others for the emptiness they feel. which leads us to another flawed premise:

Flawed Premise #17. Only very special people, like the founder of our group, can receive the right message from God. And all other messages from all other messengers are therefore incorrect.

It is interesting that in the midst of a conversation about sexuality, we would not only uncover one of the biggest flawed premises of all, but that the subject of sexuality is also the avenue through which the existence of humans hinges. a basic feeling of unworthiness, due to the lack of connection with source, is at the root of the confusion around the subject of sexuality.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Why do we live in a world of absolutes when it comes to spirituality?

Seems strange the way it comes to pass. I know there are extremes, wouldn't our first priority be to reconnect with ourselves, until we are able to trust who we are how can we know truth from truth?

I'm exploring and seeking clarification since my perspective has turned upside down in recent months.

However it happened I know we are spiritual beings and outside of that confused.