• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

enlightenment

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Do you ever feel like your going to evolve into the next stage of your souls journey. Does it mean your close to the next stage or is this a general trend with everyone.

Mole

Permabanned
The European Enlightenment and the New Age 'Enlightenment'

The Enlightenment occurred in Europe in the seventeenth and eighteenth Centuries. It did not occur in Islam, China, India or Africa.

The whole of the modern world is based on the European Enlightenment which is literate and counter-intuitive.

However those who have not learnt to think counter-intuitively by studying modern economics, modern science, modern medicine or liberal democracy are thrown back on the intuitive New Age to make sense of it all.

So the New Age speaks of the 'enlightenment' as a personal moment of satori attainable by any consumer.

But the New Age 'enlightenment' is a phoney form of the European Enlightenment, just as MBTI is a phoney form of the personality test.

T

ThatGirl

I also hate the term enlightenment because it implies some mystical state of being. Highly coveted and a problem to solve or figure out. Attained by only the most honored.

That aside, yes I consider myself in a constant state of evolution. But there are times, more then others, when you can see the signs that drastic changes and shifts are about to occur. Like everything coming together, lining up, and paving the way for a new interpretation.

Its cool, a little scary at times, but mostly cool.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I doubt there is such a thing.
There is probably an accessing of your energy that is yourself but at a greater frequency than yourself. We come here because none are enlightened, if you were you'd ascend...you wouldn't need to live and experience your life then. ;)

If by evolve you mean learn what you can from your experience to deepen your understanding of yourself then that depends how comfortable your inner and outer self is and the shifting gears between your maturity in knowing who you are meant to be and who you aren't meant to be.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I believe we're always evolving and once the soul has found it's required amount of wisdom/knowledge/self understanding then it's off home for deliberation.

I find it fascinating and scary tapping into this way of thinking/seeing .. Like this unseen force has always been here but invisible to the closed eyes.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Do you ever feel like your going to evolve into the next stage of your souls journey.

In a way yes. But I must immediately say that I don't believe in stages or even enlightenment as it is usually seen. But I do clearly have different "eras" in my life, and I can sense them beginning. It's like when I change my perspective my life will not change immediately, but must adapt as I apply the perspective to different situations consciously. Later on it becomes habitual and then I've "evolved" on to the next stage. Of course there are many thoughts I am adapting to all the time, so it's not like a stage is ever a stage, it's just a continuum.

Does it mean your close to the next stage

Yes. You have a feeling about the coming change, even if the change is not something you can turn to words. Then it becomes more real and you start using it. Then you change.

or is this a general trend with everyone.

Yes. I think it is. But I have a feeling that not everyone pays attention to it. Also, many people resist it.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It's funny. I never held the view that you grow wiser as you grow older. I think it's random to a degree, you learn some lessons on somethings, but if you had different experiences you'd learn some others that might be in direct contradiction.

The way I see it, we are born pure and "as should be" and that's why a happy kid is such a marvelous sight to our older eyes, and why kids fascinate us. They have still to be corrupted.

That being said, I don't believe in soul, not in the sense it's independent from the body and the process of aging and the brain's elasticity. But I think we can attain knowledge as the years pass. Knowledge means jackshit, if you have spent a life learning it but not using it.