• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If your soul had a gender...

Ingenue

Not too long ago a fortune teller (went with a friend just for kicks, I'm hardly the superstitious type) told me that although I'm a female, my soul is actually quite "male". In turn, I also tend to be drawn to people who are "female".

I've always described myself as a "guy inside a girl's body" and it was perceptive of her to be able to pick this up.

I am wondering to what extent this may be related to MBTI. Obviously a strong T or F may give off male or female vibes. This is very much so for the INFP and INFJ guys I've dated that I would describe to be internally female--nurturing, sensitive, emotionally available. But in the past I have also dated ESTP and ISTJ guys, both of whom I would also describe to be internally female in the same respects.

I am wondering what gender other people would type their soul, with some introspection into their MBTI?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just curious, but what do you mean by 'soul'? It sounds like how one expresses themselves at a more intimate level with another, a 'true' self, sort of?

I'd say androgynous for me. My soul doesn't like to conform to what society may consider as one gender or another (or another, depending on the society).

Ingenue

Soul... as in how you internally feel about yourself. Sorry it's a fuzzy term and I can't explain it much further than that.

I guess what I'm curious about are people who gender-type their souls differently than their biological gender, and how they navigate societal expectations.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For me, I would say my soul (inner self, ego, persona, spirit, whatever you want to call it) is androgynous, leaning closer to that of a female (I'm a male btw).

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Ingenue
Savage Brain, do you find yourself more attracted to "male" souls then?

Well, not exactly. I'm really indifferent to attraction male or female souls, rather I'm attracted to people who have gentle, wise, and passionate souls, (souls who are willing to do what is right at the expense of rules or their own devices) regardless of what spiritual gender they are.

G

Ginkgo

Anima and Animus

Each of us has aspects of both the male and female. Usually, one dominates over the other and becomes the more emphatic in one's personality. That emphasis is what you call either a "male soul" or "female soul".

I find myself more attracted to "male souls", but I'm heterosexual. I enjoy a partner that is directive and somewhat forceful, but in a stern, non-emotional way. Crazy displays of emotion push me back a bit.

Ingenue

Thanks for the link, MT. As I'm reading about the anima, I was taken by this specific statement:

"Because man's sensitivity must often be repressed, the anima is one of the most significant autonomous complexes of all. It is said to manifest itself by appearing in dreams."

I am wondering if anyone has had literal dream manifestations of the unconscious gender. For example, I have had dreams where I am a man... sexual ones even. Wondering if this is just me? lol

G

Ginkgo

I once had a dream where I was female and pregnant. It was so bizarre that I was a bit confused about my identity after I woke up. I've had other dreams where I became someone else, like a warrior or a lizard-man, but a pregnant woman was the most unexpected.

I've had a reoccurring dream in which I'm chasing this female bounty-hunter who's a strong and silent type. She looks exotic, mixed heritage, and she has corn rows for some reason. She looks like one of those models from the booty-licious magazines, and she always evades me by escaping into a star-ship or vanishing into the foliage of an extraterrestrial planet. That bitch.

Ingenue

Well, not exactly. I'm really indifferent to attraction male or female souls, rather I'm attracted to people who have gentle, wise, and passionate souls, who are willing to do what is right at the expense of rules or their own devices, regardless of who they are.

Like an INFP. :hug:

Oh I'd be the death of you, though. I've always thought of myself as quite Machiavellian. :devil:

Ingenue

I've had a reoccurring dream in which I'm chasing this female bounty-hunter who's a strong and silent type. She looks exotic, mixed heritage, and she has corn rows for some reason. She looks like one of those models from the booty-licious magazines, and she always evades me by escaping into a star-ship or vanishing into the foliage of an extraterrestrial planet. That bitch.

Ha. I think you just described the movie Avatar.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Ingenue
Like an INFP. :hug:

Yep, I'm as INFP as you get :hug:

Oh I'd be the death of you, though. I've always thought of myself as quite Machiavellian. :devil:

:laugh: I already have to live with a Machiavellian sister who is bossy, talks back, and is extremely ambitious!

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
souls have gender though as they become more evolved they try another gender to get in touch with those aspects of themselves. I have noticed that it's mostly the NF types that are predominant in this regard.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I did a past life regression where I was female, male and a twin. :D
Luckily I am male this time, thank goodness. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
According to the Lore, your soul is the opposite gender of your physical gender. It completes you in every way. Viking warriors had a female 'fylgia' as it was known (though it could also appear as an animal or geometric shape :D)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My soul is a woman. A man couldnt possibly think that dirty all day !

Mole

Permabanned
The Shadow, the Soul, the Anima and the Animus

The Ancient Greeks said, once we were whole but split into male and female, and so spend the rest of our lives looking for the lost half. And naturally when we find them, we can't help but fall hopelessly in love.

But how do we recognise our lost half? We recognise our lost half by carrying their shadow within us.

So if we are male, we carry the anima within us. And if we are female, we carry the animus within us.

So the male has a female anima or soul, and the female has a male animus or soul.

And the anima and animus cry out for one another like wolves howling for their demon lovers on the night of the full moon.

I always stay indoors as the full moon rises and the wolves raise their warm muzzles to the cold and misty sky and howl for their lovers, as I tuck myself further under the covers.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Going by traditional gender stereotypes, my "soul" would be mostly androgynous, on the female side. I'm unusually sappy for a T.

Mole

Permabanned
souls have gender though as they become more evolved they try another gender to get in touch with those aspects of themselves. I have noticed that it's mostly the NF types that are predominant in this regard.

My therapist taught me to discover my inner child, and the feminists taught me to discover my inner woman. But she's not what I expected. I have always thought of women as nurturing and warm, but instead she is a cunning as a fox, and as ruthless as all get-out. She is a complete surprise to me and not what I expected. And she doesn't think as highly of me as I do of myself. Frankly she is a bit discombombulating. I don't know what to do with her but she knows what to do with me.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
For me, I would say my soul (inner self, ego, persona, spirit, whatever you want to call it) is androgynous, leaning closer to that of a female (I'm a male btw).

I would say the same is true for me, excepting that I would say my soul after it's initial androgyny, leans to the masculine