• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe in Reincarnation?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I don't remember my existence before I was who I am so why the fuck would I care, if I'm not going to know how it's going to be in another life form or in darkness?

Do you always remember your dreams upon waking?

Do dreams exist?

Will you dream tonight?

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you always remember your dreams upon waking?

Do dreams exist?

Will you dream tonight?
Dreams come from brain waves the fact that you need your brain for it to occur makes it that you can't compare it to reincarnation in that the brain is dead when the individual dies

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Dreams come from brain waves the fact that you need your brain for it to occur makes it that you can't compare it to reincarnation in that the brain is dead when the individual dies

Yes I knew you would say that but I'm talking about ideas and trains of thought.

When you find yourself in a dream, if you happen to become aware of the fact, can you ever remember at which point you came to find yourself in that dream? Or would you struggle to do so?

And if life is like a dream..

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An individual would struggle but what's the point of remembering?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is the mind more than the brain? If so, does it die with the brain and body?

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION]: Define the Mind: The way I see the mind is that it is a colony of smurfs (metaphorically) that run the complex system that is your brain.
What is the point of Existence: It is whatever you want it to be

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you subscribe to the belief that the mind is comprised of the ego, id and super ego?

It may be, and if you are satisfied with that, that's fine. I, however am not..

The idea of r
eincarnation is important in society, I'm simply a weird ass Fucker

Alea_iacta_est

The point of existence is unequivocally futile. We simply exist because we have to. Existence is the manifestation of the circular reasoning that justifies reality, concealing the infinite amount of other subsets that contain their own form of circular reasoning. The point of existence is simply the result of the question "Why?". Thus, this question keeps the cycle going, for it can never be answered. There isn't an answer to why we are here, because we simply can't not be here (apologies for my double negative). There is, then, no beginning and no ending, and we are left to cycle for eternity in the system that wants to be answered yet unfortunately can never be answered.

Last edited:
N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

The idea of reincarnation is important in society, I'm simply a weird ass Fucker

It is admirable to be a weird ass fucker, but it is also important to question things. More importantly.. to question the nature of existence, since that's all we seem to be doing here..

The point of existence is unequivocally futile. We simply exist because we have to. Existence is the manifestation of the circular reasoning that justifies reality, concealing the infinite amount of other subsets that contain their own form of circular reasoning. The point of existence is simply the result of the question "Why?".

Exactly.

I love you Alea. : P

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION], Questioning our existence is what leads people to make the choices they make and live the life they feel is right/ the life they want to live so by asking questions we lead ourselves to our destiny that is the journey of each individual life

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION], Questioning our existence is what leads people to make the choices they make and live the life they feel is right/ the life they want to live so by asking questions we lead ourselves to our destiny that is the journey of each individual life

Questioning our existence drives us to nihilistic insanity, for we arrive upon the same problem that existence attempts to solve (which is much more infinitely capable and complex than us due to our existence's intrinsic expansion). What determines how we live our lives and our "destiny" is how we approach life in general. We will never gain the answer, we will simply experience the system an indefinite amount of times, so we must forge out paths based not on philosophical inquires but material advantages and we must, amazingly, follow the self-justifying logic of reality to succeed as an individual.

To quote the upcoming movie, Edge of Tomorrow, "Live. Die. Repeat. Live. Die. Repeat..."

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you subscribe to the belief that the mind is comprised of the ego, id and super ego?

I'm not sure. They're concepts or words to better define the human psyche, that much is clear.

Alan Watts had some interesting ideas to contradict the ego/id/superego theory. I'm not sure I believe his theory any more, but it's a unique perspective that I'd like to see referenced more in the psychology community.

If I still have the book and can find the essay, I will try to copy some of it tomorrow. I'm tired and need to sleep now.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Nope, I would not say that it is questioning existence which leads most people to make the choices they make in life!

Most people drift through life without treading too deeply into such matters besides experiencing the stray thoughts in passing which they so quickly shrug off just as soon as they had entered their minds.

To me, however, the question of existence, just as the reality of my impending death, looms like a vulture circling overhead and it is something I simply cannot ignore.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] That is what I meant if I was going to elaborate on my original post [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] Most of those people discovered religion and have chosen that as the definite answer to why the exist

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm not sure. They're concepts or words to better define the human psyche, that much is clear.

Alan Watts had some interesting ideas to contradict the ego/id/superego theory. I'm not sure I believe his theory any more, but it's a unique perspective that I'd like to see referenced more in the psychology community.

If I still have the book and can find the essay, I will try to copy some of it tomorrow. I'm tired and need to sleep now.

Consciousness begets the brain, the brain begets the mind.

At least, that's my understanding of it. If anyone has something to add to that, or correct, I'd love it.

[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] That is what I meant if I was going to elaborate on my original post [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] Most of those people discovered religion and have chosen that as the definite answer to why the exist

Those people are lost until they start thinking for themselves.

Alea_iacta_est

Most of those people discovered religion and have chosen that as the definite answer to why the exist

To that I say: Ignorance is Bliss. To worry oneself about the hidden, all-consuming turmoil that plagues existence as a whole provides a rather bleak outlook.

Based on my philosophical inquiry, we will reintegrate into existence (and possibly other subsets) an infinite amount of times. While this would of course explain life after death, it brings about something that is much more intolerable and quite unnerving. While the experience will be passed on through this paradox, we will experience not only every life, but every imaginable death. We will experience all of the torture that has been wrought on our own species by our own hands, and we will experience it an infinite-fold through the inevitable repetition of timelines (which is still possible under the paradox).

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

To that I say: Ignorance is Bliss. To worry oneself about the hidden, all-consuming turmoil that plagues existence as a whole provides a rather bleak outlook.

Based on my philosophical inquiry, we will reintegrate into existence (and possibly other subsets) an infinite amount of times. While this would of course explain life after death, it brings about something that is much more intolerable and quite unnerving. While the experience will be passed on through this paradox, we will experience not only every life, but every imaginable death. We will experience all of the torture that has been wrought on our own species by our own hands, and we will experience it an infinite-fold through the inevitable repetition of timelines (which is still possible under the paradox).

This "unnerving" truth has been apparent to me for a long, long time.

How have you dealt with it?