• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe in Reincarnation?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
sometimes, sometimes not.

my spiritual views are of such nature, that it seems to make no difference, as far as i can see through the implications right now.

and if i did it would be my interpretation of altered states of consciousness, which are certainly not dreamlike/storylike, like a trance about being a specific person, but rather about being outside of the time of my life by means of transcendence, but not entirely outside of time alltogether.

which is like a frozen type of a "verry long time" instead of true timeless eternity. its frozen in how it's slow, it's slow in how it's eventless, in comparsion to life on earth.

it's the impression that there is one timeline outside of the world, in the bardo, which sort of includes and sort of excludes your current human life, like advertisements include a movie (ads are preceding and succeeding the movie, and ads are all the same, that is: annyoing) from an experiencial viewpoint, and yet advertisement does not include the movie by any other intelligent viewpoint.

one important aspect of this is the stuckness in the inbetween. it's as if not living this life does not mean, that i can just die, meaning i can't leave time alltogether. it follows the impression, that i will be thrown back into the world. but all of the world as i know it, including all of my personality, seems to belong together, seems like one thing that i am thrown into. and i am not that. therefore it seems that i will be thrown back into this life, or the next life, but the next life is nothing like this life. it's nothing like me. it may be plausible to expect it to have similarities, but nothin in my experience gives a hint about underlying rules on what sort of life leads to what sort of life. one thing though: it's as if the taste of this stuckness in the bardo is also on my complete experience of my current earthly life, as a verry subtle quality, that i did not notice untill it became differenciated from my life during the bardo experience, in which the life was absent, but the taste was there. this taste is like my distal self on the bardo level. i am afraid its my fucking soul.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i do yeah...i don't believe anyone would have 100% characteristics of someone who lived previously tho.

Blown Ghost

MBTI Type
ESFP
reincarnation must be the stupidest theory of the afterlife, considering it's the one we know isn't the case. unless it wipes your memory, which really doesn't mean youre the same person, does it?

R

Riva

To begin with, I believe.

There is a issue is proving reincarnation. How could one believe in reincarnation if one cannot remember hi previous life? Nothing at all we remember of our previous life's. There is a reason to this according to Buddha.

(urghhhhh.... this is going to take some time to explain.. and besides i hate typing.) I shall write what Buddha said in the least complicated way. :)

Assuming that anyone wants to know what Buddha said, here i go -

1st of all, all of us love our life's more than anything else in the world. Even a person who hates his own life, without knowing it LOVES it. (This includes people who commit suicide.)

Off topic to prove the above.

All animals have two main overwhelming Desires (cravings). (According to Buddhism)

(1)Attraction (Bhava)
(2)Repulsion (Vibhava)

All our life's we try to attract what we want (people, things, circumstances) and to repel what we don't want.

So a person who commits suicide is committing suicide not out of lack of desire. His desire to repel what he does not want is so strong he is ready to kill himself to get WHAT HE WANTS.

Back to the topic.

What would anyone do when something that hurts him happens to him? Something sad, something embarrassing, something humiliating? He would simply try to forget it. There are various ways of doing this. You could take your mind away from it, have a drink or two, LIE to yourself that it never happened, change your memory of what really happened (we do this all the time).

So now comes the reincarnation part.

What would you do when you have to leave everything behind and die? 80 years of life (good or bad, it’s yours) you have to leave behind. How would you feel? And the pain of death, would one want to remember it? And also the pain or birth (apparently it hurts, I can’t remember though). These are all hurtful memories (Physical pain and mainly the mental pain) everyone wants to forget.

-------

Yes it does not sound metaphysical or devine. Nor might it sound convincing. But that is the explanation given by Buddha, written down by me in the most lethargic manner :).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*hushed*

Fluffy? is that you?!
(But you're not even dead yet!)

R

Riva

^ Nuh, can't you see all the grammar mistakes I've made. :)

Read my damm post, Dammit.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
No...

I am pretty open minded about most things like this..

But reincarnation just doesn't make any sense.. Nor do the numbers add up.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think it's sort of necessary that you don't remember your past lives but i do believe in soul memory....i think sometimes people can have phobias or certain fascinations that could be attributed to past life experiences.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
reincarnation must be the stupidest theory of the afterlife, considering it's the one we know isn't the case. unless it wipes your memory, which really doesn't mean youre the same person, does it?

Certainly not the same person. Don't care if I'm the same soul if that has no bearing in my own life.

I think it's fascinating how much a religious figure can impact history. They laugh at the guy who believes the world works like in The Matrix, and I wonder what makes anything else more credible.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
*hushed*

Fluffy? is that you?!
(But you're not even dead yet!)

things are really mixed up right now :devil:

edit: at the time of this posting i was obsessed by the spirit of curzon who had changed my avatar to a picture of his

Last edited:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Do i believe in reincarnation .. Yes

I believe we come back in groups and support one another, be it in a positive or negative manner. We are always learning and the akashic library records everything.

Would i have 100% of the characteristics of my past life .. No

Science will/can dismiss what can not be proved. If something can not be proved, maybe another language is needed to assist in the truth.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Do i believe in reincarnation .. Yes

I believe we come back in groups and support one another, be it in a positive or negative manner. We are always learning and the akashic library records everything.

Would i have 100% of the characteristics of my past life .. No

Science will/can dismiss what can not be proved. If something can not be proved, maybe another language is needed to assist in the truth.

To assist the truth or to assist the preconception?

The truth is only the truth when it is proven. Unless you mean subjective truth (which is a oxymoron).

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's fun and interesting to think about, but I have no reason to actually believe in it. :shrug:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
To assist the truth or to assist the preconception?

One mans god is another mans devil .. Ultimately does it really matter .. Judgements will still remain.

The truth is only the truth when it is proven. Unless you mean subjective truth (which is a oxymoron).

According to what .. Humans .. Because we are so smart as a race and never get anything wrong :hug:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Reincarnation is also a human concept though.

Lol .. darn it. Give me time to reason/argue my own logic.

EDIT - That didn't take long .. Science can neither prove nor disprove it so at present it is a possibility. Afterall if we can imagine it then it can be.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i think it's sort of necessary that you don't remember your past lives but i do believe in soul memory....i think sometimes people can have phobias or certain fascinations that could be attributed to past life experiences.

This sounds similar to how my father would have said it worked and how I would say it works. I am wanting to believe in it and I would like to believe I have some purpose here. I half-heartedly believe that regression is possible, but I have yet to try it. If I have a goal, I'll feel better…

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i believe that the atoms im made out of can be used by other forms of life in the future and have been used by other forms of life in the past. the possibility of them being used by one creature is highly improbable and even if something used all of them, it would be even more improbable for it to have any characteristics or memories of mine. but who knows what lies in the field of quantum biology..