• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it easier to live a life with or without religion?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is probably easier. In a way, religion fills that "missing" spot in a person's life.

What happens when we die? Do we just rot in the ground? Do we go up to heaven? What is that purpose other than to live in this place? Is there even a purpose?

At the same time, if there are people who truly follow a religion to it's best extent (people who actually follow it, not the one's who don't follow it but say they are of "this" religion")

It is like a monk practicing Theravada/Tibetan Buddhism and living in Tibet.

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think it's probably easier to live without religion. But, when you know that you know that it's true, whether it's easier or not ceases to be the driving question. In a similar way, it would probably be easier to live without my kids, but it's not like I'm going to consciously make the choice to live without them to make my life easier.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Life is so so so much easier with Jesus. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Life without Jesus...how's that working for you?" Although it is meant to be "in your face," it is so absolutely true.

I'm not talking about religion here - I'm talking about walking with Jesus in a relationship. A lot of people have probably had a lot of stress added to their lives by well meaning but misguided "religious" rules.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
More important than living with religion is to live with philosophy. Religion often has a philosophy of it's own, but you needn't to be religious to subscribe to philosophy.

Nicodemus

Life is so so so much easier with Jesus. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Life without Jesus...how's that working for you?" Although it is meant to be "in your face," it is so absolutely true.

I'm not talking about religion here - I'm talking about walking with Jesus in a relationship. A lot of people have probably had a lot of stress added to their lives by well meaning but misguided "religious" rules.
Imaginary friend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia